Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where are you?
bruh, how are masks just now becoming common where you are ?
Denmark.

We shut down and managed things pretty well without. When things started going the other direction, masks were mandated in public transportation/stations and as of this morning also all public indoors areas. Lots of people have still been wearing them and lots have been hoping for this. I would have liked to see this implemented sooner myself. I've been hoggin masks and wearing them for a while.

paas8f1asyv51.png

Policies like this are not just inconveniences, they are idiotic. Chicago has travel restrictions for states with high levels of covid, but now Illinois (and Chicago itself) exceeds those numbers.

People returning from areas with LOWER rates of covid-19 are supposed to quarantine?

These travel bans and restrictions only make sense when you have a location with a very low, well-controlled level of infection. It's disappointing that certain Democratic leaders (Lightfoot) are using the same wrongheaded logic as the Republican bigot (Trump w/ the China ban) when trying to fight this virus.

Last edited:

his wife and him had symptoms and he still went to work, practice, etc
loss of smell and taste should've been a red flag. i assume the team went over this type of stuff to everyone.
crazy that nobody on the team tested positive from him

hope he recovers, but it seems like where he resides things are pretty lax. going out to eat, taking the kids to practice, etc

Last edited:
USA is ranked 30th in the world in new cases per capita, if that gives anyone a tad bit of comfort or fear. Other countries are surging much worse than they ever have before. This goes beyond political lines IMHO.

whywesteppin whywesteppin my state has the same travel quarantines. Only 4-5 states make the low risk non quarantine list. And who's to say they even want us there? There's a lot of dart board dart mandate making happening all around. And then their big cavet is that federal employees are exempt, and a small list of essential workers are exempt. These traveling folks may be the worst ones to have exempt.

dman14 dman14 i wonder what kind of rules these players have? Eating out seems like a huge no no. Is the wife out shopping or going to another job? Why aren't these players in a hotel like bubble? This season is one outbreak away from being extended or shut down

USA is ranked 30th in the world in new cases per capita, if that gives anyone a tad bit of comfort or fear. Other countries are surging much worse than they ever have before. This goes beyond political lines IMHO.

whywesteppin whywesteppin my state has the same travel quarantines. Only 4-5 states make the low risk non quarantine list. And who's to say they even want us there? There's a lot of dart board dart mandate making happening all around. And then their big cavet is that federal employees are exempt, and a small list of essential workers are exempt. These traveling folks may be the worst ones to have exempt.

dman14 dman14 i wonder what kind of rules these players have? Eating out seems like a huge no no. Is the wife out shopping or going to another job? Why aren't these players in a hotel like bubble? This season is one outbreak away from being extended or shut down
The seasonal thing appears to be real. It's getting harder and harder to explain the data in any other way. But I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk that these outbreaks are inevitable. IF (and it's a big if) places like New York and San Fran keep their numbers significantly lower than the rest of the country over the next couple months, it'll show that the measures they enacted, combined with a population that takes the virus seriously, is enough to limit transmission in a meaningful way.

About the travel restrictions -- it's part of a long list of feel-good measures people take that have little impact on transmission. Another one I've always disliked is telling anybody with symptoms, no matter how mild, to quarantine for 2 weeks. It's disruptive to daily life and does little to slow the spread of the virus.

Posted January 22
Eh, I'm no health expert. I just believed at the time that it would be better contained like some of the recent pandemics. Honestly, it's difficult to have proper insight from that early on, no one predicted that it would be this bad.

Eh, I'm no health expert. I just believed at the time that it would be better contained like some of the recent pandemics. Honestly, it's difficult to have proper insight from that early on, no one predicted that it would be this bad.
Not blaming you. Just amazing to see how laid back we were initially.

PLENTY of people, including scientists, predicted it would be this bad

PLENTY of people, including scientists, predicted it would be this bad
Yeah for months folks have predicted it could be this bad or worst. Just two months ago, University of Washington had a model predict 300,000 deaths from this damn thing by the end of the year and people were clowning.

Back
Top Bottom