Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My Dad passed away just after midnight yesterday. He did not die of Covid but I posted this here because of our inability to visit him at the hospital due to Covid restrictions in place at the VA.

I find it frustrating that I wasn’t able to see him during his 4-week stay at the hospital. It seems Covid affects people who don’t even have the virus too.

If only people would’ve listened to flatten the curve and wear masks back when this first started perhaps we wouldn’t be in this position.
Sorry for your loss. Be strong for him.

My Dad passed away just after midnight yesterday. He did not die of Covid but I posted this here because of our inability to visit him at the hospital due to Covid restrictions in place at the VA.

I find it frustrating that I wasn’t able to see him during his 4-week stay at the hospital. It seems Covid affects people who don’t even have the virus too.

If only people would’ve listened to flatten the curve and wear masks back when this first started perhaps we wouldn’t be in this position.

:smh:

So sorry for your loss and having to go through that ish. My prayers are with you and your family.

It's funny these same people that are so against big federal government are constantly referring to federal laws and rights that grant them their freedoms. The man in this vid must have referenced federal law like 5 times in the first 2-3 minutes.

Yeah, and referenced most stuff totally incorrectly. What a tool. Teaching his kids how to be a selfish jerk I guess.

Are there differences in the antibodies created after recovering from covid and from getting vaccinated? I'm guessing it's like doing pushups vs taking roids and doing pushups but im no scientist.
It depends. The virus itself elicits a broad response and your body generates a bunch of different antibodies. Some bind well and neutralize the virus while others may not. The vaccine should generate a narrower response since only part of the virus's proteins are made, but it's designed in a way so that you still generate the most useful antibodies.

There may be peculiarities in the exact immune response depending on other factors, like how sick you get and where in the body the infection is, but the actual recognition portion of the antibodies should be nearly identical.

It can get more complicated, but there's where my understanding on this ends lol.

New York did 180k shots in one day once supply increases we def could do 250k 300k a day
Once the J&J hits, this will quickly speed up, especially since only one dose is needed.

They're shipping 20 million doses in March, add that to the 60 million doses from Moderna and Pfizer, and that's 50 million vaccinated in March, on top of the 30 million already fully vaccinated. By June 1 we should be nearing 200 million, or basically done since I'm guessing ~25% of Americans will refuse the vaccine.

edit:

7GLq.gif

Last edited:

Dummy Texas and ****** Alabama aren't alone in "dropping mask mandates" anymore................

SMH America

Scientists in Oregon have spotted a homegrown version of a fast-spreading variant of the coronavirus that first surfaced in Britain — but now combined with a mutation that may make the variant less susceptible to vaccines.
The researchers have so far found just a single case of this formidable combination, but genetic analysis suggested that the variant had been acquired in the community and did not arise in the patient.
“We didn’t import this from elsewhere in the world — it occurred spontaneously,” said Brian O’Roak, a geneticist at Oregon Health and Science University who led the work. He and his colleagues participate in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s effort to track variants, and they have deposited their results in databases shared by scientists.
The variant originally identified in Britain, called B.1.1.7, has been spreading rapidly across the United States, and accounts for at least 2,500 cases in 46 states. This form of the virus is both more contagious, and more deadly, than the original version, and is expected to account for most infections in America in a few weeks.
The new version that surfaced in Oregon has the same backbone, but also a mutation — E484K, or “Eek” — seen in variants of the virus circulating in South Africa, Brazil and New York City.

Lab studies and clinical trials in South Africa indicate that the Eek mutation renders the current vaccines less effective by blunting the body’s immune response. (The vaccines still work, but the findings are worrying enough that Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna have begun testing new versions of their vaccines designed to defeat the variant found in South Africa.)
The B.1.1.7 variant with Eek also has emerged in Britain, designated as a “variant of concern” by scientists. But the virus identified in Oregon seems to have evolved independently, Dr. O’Roak said.

This is so maddening. I am very sorry. I hope you find comfort.

The disregard for situations like this is ******* criminal.

just wondering. What’s the average covid sore throat like? Length and severity. It vaguely hurts to swallow since Monday. No other symptoms. Severity of it hasn’t gotten worse. Just that tickle when you swallow foods/drinks.
I swear I’ve had a low key sore throat since last March lol so it’s likely nothing. Not gonna wait in line for 5 hours at this point.

just wondering. What’s the average covid sore throat like? Length and severity. It vaguely hurts to swallow since Monday. No other symptoms. Severity of it hasn’t gotten worse. Just that tickle when you swallow foods/drinks.
I swear I’ve had a low key sore throat since last March lol so it’s likely nothing. Not gonna wait in line for 5 hours at this point.
Not sure -- that could be a few different things. It's atypical for covid but who knows.

Testing is a lot easier to get now than it was last year, so you can probably get in and out pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom