Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like looking at the 14 day trends here
Looks like MI and the northeast is past the worst of it. So many states with 30-40% decreases. Now it’s the PNW and CO seeing the upticks. It feels like every state will have their time, it’s inevitable in some regard.

My little rant was a day late. My states changing their reopening criteria. 60% vaccinated is the # for a full reopening without any gating criteria. They expect that to happen late June.They also dropped the outdoor mask mandate, and increased the case % and per capita numbers for counties. Maybe folks will finally see the end of the finish line and have the incentive to get the shot. Some felt if nothing was going to change, why get the shot?But now things are changing. .

The ****ers shot me.
472B92DB-660A-4983-AA26-3EEF4BF8F2EE.jpeg

I like looking at the 14 day trends here
Looks like MI and the northeast is past the worst of it. So many states with 30-40% decreases. Now it’s the PNW and CO seeing the upticks. It feels like every state will have their time, it’s inevitable in some regard.

My little rant was a day late. My states changing their reopening criteria. 60% vaccinated is the # for a full reopening without any gating criteria. They expect that to happen late June.They also dropped the outdoor mask mandate, and increased the case % and per capita numbers for counties. Maybe folks will finally see the end of the finish line and have the incentive to get the shot. Some felt if nothing was going to change, why get the shot?But now things are changing. .
Glad to hear it.

We're not completely out of the woods yet but everything points towards good news over the next couple months. We just need another 20% of the population to be vaccinated and hopefully even more than that.

Yep sucks Seattle and the surrounding area is likely going back to phase 2 next week but I'm hoping as more and more get vaccinated the hospitalizations start rapidly declining in the next couple months and things get a bit more "normal" as we get into mid-late summer. So tired of the restrictions but going to do my part.

Crazy. Seattle was allowing 200 cases per 100,000; while NM was set to 8 per 100,000. Abq was locked down for 12 cases/people too many for about 3 months now. Some pretty crazy metrics at play here. Locked down for 0.002% infection. Some days we had more murders than covid deaths. But I digress.

All I got from your post is good on NM for taking this so seriously.
One could argue too far. You can take it serious but also follow common sense. Neighboring states who did less, have better case and death numbers. Yet each state calls what they’ve done a success.
Economically destroyed (were actually bottom 40 in many education/crime/ quality of life metrics). But yeah okay. There’s many levels at play here. Our college Athletics went to texas to play (in top ten surge site Lubbock of all places ). I’m not anti mask or vax, or the like. I’ve just lived in a state that was among the only state in the world to close essential grocery stores and limit capacity as they wait in the cold.

I remember they locked us down because texas and Arizona were surging and bringing in patients to fill our hospitals. Be punished because of bad neighbors sends a sad message. Bars and movie theaters are still closed. Our only success is the vax rollout. Beyond that, like other states, you can’t even tell we’re the most locked down.

One could argue too far. You can take it serious but also follow common sense. Neighboring states who did less, have better case and death numbers. Yet each state calls what they’ve done a success.
Economically destroyed (were actually bottom 40 in many education/crime/ quality of life metrics). But yeah okay. There’s many levels at play here. Our college Athletics went to texas to play (in top ten surge site Lubbock of all places ). I’m not anti mask or vax, or the like. I’ve just lived in a state that was among the only state in the world to close essential grocery stores and limit capacity as they wait in the cold. I remember they locked us down because texas and Arizona were surging and brining in patients to fill our hospitals.
Nah, I think there is no argument to be had

They did a good job.

I simply don't respect the "they should have been like red states and hope they got lucky" argument.

Nah, I think there is no argument to be had

They did a good job.

I simply don't respect the "they should have been like red states and hope they got lucky" argument.
Good, possibly. Great? Not even close. Top 15 in deaths per capita, and our cases per capita lie right with our low population numbers. I guess we could’ve been worse. The lockdowns don’t match the results. We had booze stores and nurseries and bicycle shops closed for awhile too.
I made an edit and said our vaccine rollout is about the only success. Top 5 there. Many are hesitant that we’ll still be the last state to reopen.

Our state health secretary is on record as saying they don’t look At what other states are doing. Lockdowns have harmed more than they helped imho. I won’t go back and forth on that. Some restrictions make sense. An already poor state made poorer. I think we requested $19 billion from the feds to bail us out.
They’re also on record as saying their health orders had zero economic backing or oversight. When you can’t tell which state is blue or red, there’s a problem. I think we’re wedged between 3 red states.

It’s also been verified, the ‘do as I say, not as I do’ runs rampant all over politics. We can’t have multi-household dinners. Politicians here got caught doing it. They tell us to limit our shopping to one store a day, as they catch an aide going to 5-6 shops in a days time. Raises were also given to staff as many thousands lose their homes. It’s good to look at the big picture sometimes.

Last edited:
Indoor venues are definitely being scheduled right now too. Crazy.
I guess I haven't been paying close attention to the vaccination rate, but my assumption was that most or maybe all that want/can be vaccinated will be by the fall.
If so wouldn't it be safe to have indoor gatherings by October? Or am I way off on the vaccination rate?

With indoor venues in places like FL and TX having full crowds it'll definitely be interesting to see how this affects the numbers in the coming months. If (it's a big if I know) spread is somewhat low I could see other states loosening restrictions and holding near capacity crowds at indoor venues.

I guess I haven't been paying close attention to the vaccination rate, but my assumption was that most or maybe all that want/can be vaccinated will be by the fall.
If so wouldn't it be safe to have indoor gatherings by October? Or am I way off on the vaccination rate?
It all depends how many people skip the vaccine. Right now only ~30% of the US population is fully vaccinated and just over 40% have had a single dose. We are nowhere near herd immunity and people are already acting like the threat is gone and we can get "back to normal." Vaccination rates are dropping as people are taking medical advice from Dr. Joe Rogan.

Last edited:
My mom got her second shot yesterday. Started feeling bad at night. Had bad chills and cold sweats overnight. She’s still feeling ****ty last I spoke to her.

Do you know which vaccine? Based on my experience and the majority I've heard, she's in the worst of it right now. I'm sure she'll begin to feel better tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom