Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
qualmes qualmes How long is your recovery? Glad you're recovering.

The worst of it was the couple days after the symptoms started. That Sunday when my taste and smell started going away I was fatigued and took a 30 minute afternoon nap which I never do. After that I knew something was up. That same night I got the call about my friend testing positive that I got it from. Just a fyi when I say the worst of it I in no means got the full brute force from the virus which I personally believe is from the vaccines effectiveness and my lifestyle choices. I felt a lot worse from the second dose of the vaccine than I did with the virus.

The worst of it was the couple days after the symptoms started. That Sunday when my taste and smell started going away I was fatigued and took a 30 minute afternoon nap which I never do. After that I knew something was up. That same night I got the call about my friend testing positive that I got it from. Just a fyi when I say the worst of it I in no means got the full brute force from the virus which I personally believe is from the vaccines effectiveness and my lifestyle choices. I felt a lot worse from the second dose of the vaccine than I did with the virus.

Good to hear. This right there is a reason to still get the vaccine. Mild symptoms that don’t knock you out or potentially put you in life threatening conditions.

Breakthroughs are expected and represent about 0.098% of those fully vaccinated.

I believe the CDC is only tracking it if you're hospitalized, which would throw off the numbers.

Just came here to post that. The most concerning quote I read from CDC's announcement:
"But with the delta variant, the level of virus in infected vaccinated people is indistinguishable from the level of virus in the noses and throats of unvaccinated people," Walensky said. The data emerged over the last couple of days from 100 samples. It is unpublished, and the CDC has not released it. But "it is concerning enough that we feel like we have to act," Walensky said. Vaccinated people "have the potential to spread that virus to others," she said.

It sounds like even when vaccinated people are infected, their viral loads are similar to those who are unvaccinated and infected. Mask up, fellas.

Last edited:

It's really hard to predict what's going to happen as compared to last year, where it was pretty obvious we'd have a fall surge.

Unlike last year, where fall meant a much higher degrees of contacts, right now we are back to 2019 summer levels of contacts and social interaction. How much will this increase in the fall? Will people wear masks indoors?

The level of vaccination and prior infections will cut transmission in half or more, but if people go back to fully normal behavior, that may not be enough for the unvaccinated. We would see a similar curve to last fall in shape but only half as high.

Chicago infectious disease expert says a lot of people will get COVID at lolla
Mayor Lightfoot says it’s gonna be all good smh

Disagree. I’m over my mask and if you’re a conspiracy theory nut and won’t get the vaccine and get Covid idc.

yea I can still get it I know that but why should us who got vaccinated bend over to save these nutcases from Covid? If they die they die at this point.

Disagree. I’m over my mask and if you’re a conspiracy theory nut and won’t get the vaccine and get Covid idc.

yea I can still get it I know that but why should us who got vaccinated bend over to save these nutcases from Covid? If they die they die at this point.
I mean technically according to the CDC you aren't in a high transmission area so you shouldn't have to anyways

I just think it's easier to give a general guidance to all instead of making it specific because all it's going to do is confuse ppl even more.

I mean it's too late now but the original mandates should have never left. Easier to say now with Delta of course

The problem is that there's no way for anyone to easily distinguish who is/isn't vaccinated and you can safely bet that anyone you still see wearing a mask IS vaccinated. The honor system assumes that people will do the right thing but unfortunately the people who are least likely to get vaccinated are also the least likely to wear a mask. Either way, I highly doubt any new CDC mask recommendation will be enforced or followed. It's just another in a long list of CDC screw ups.

Yeah I mean idk maybe it’s harsh but unless things change vaccinated people have a 100% chance of not dying if they get it.

I’m so sick of these clowns holding everything back and derailing every step forward. It’s like earth is trying to wipe them off that map and I’m cool with that.

The problem is that there's no way for anyone to easily distinguish who is/isn't vaccinated and you can safely bet that anyone you still see wearing a mask IS vaccinated. The honor system assumes that people will do the right thing but unfortunately the people who are least likely to get vaccinated are also the least likely to wear a mask. Either way, I highly doubt any new CDC mask recommendation will be enforced or followed. It's just another in a long line of CDC screw ups.

I’m in an area that’s probably mostly vaccinated and nobody wears a mask but I get what you’re saying.

Back
Top Bottom