Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Speaking from experience as a parent at a school in CA that would rather pretend COVID doesn't exist, it honestly feels like most parents DGAF and just want somewhere to send their kids so they don't have to deal with them for 8 hours. There's a small loud group of parents who strongly oppose any and all COVID protocols, there's a small quiet group of us who want a multi-layered approach and would rather keep our kids home until they are able to be vaccinated, and there's a large majority who don't care as long as they have somewhere to send their brats all day.

This is true and is a part of the problem as well. Regardless of the other benefits of schooling, at the core of it, it does prove to be a form of childcare and allow the parents room to breathe and do other things they need to accomplish. Last year, there was a huge amount of flexibility when it came to working for home for many people, and the kids being there was "fun" when everyone was on zoom calls or whatever.

Now its like "why aren't your kids in school", "we need to focus", etc. That whole time came and went QUICK.

Speaking from experience as a parent at a school in CA that would rather pretend COVID doesn't exist, it honestly feels like most parents DGAF and just want somewhere to send their kids so they don't have to deal with them for 8 hours. There's a small loud group of parents who strongly oppose any and all COVID protocols, there's a small quiet group of us who want a multi-layered approach and would rather keep our kids home until they are able to be vaccinated, and there's a large majority who don't care as long as they have somewhere to send their brats all day.

Last year was so eye opening for me. I was on a text message list for my son’s class and was constantly shocked by the amount of them that would absolutely rage at the notion of increased surveillance and remote schooling. Every time the latter had to be implemented, they would curse and post wine glass emojis. Some even tried to avoid quarantining after traveling to another country.

I bet this year, even with it being established that kids are at risk now, the same thing will happen. Think of the smiles on their faces, my ***. You just want free babysitting.

Last edited:
Last year was so eye opening for me. I was on a text message list for my son’s class and was constantly shocked by the amount of them that would absolutely rage at the notion of increased surveillance and remote schooling. Every time the latter had to be implemented, they would curse and post wine glass emojis. Some even tried to avoid quarantining after traveling to another country.I bet this year, even with it be established that kids are at risk now, the same thing will happen. Think of the smiles on their faces, my ***. You just want free babysitting.

They have to do hot yoga and wear their Lululemon for other people to see. Can't be sitting at home for nothing.

They have to do hot yoga and wear their Lululemon for other people to see. Can't be sitting at home for nothing.

Ironically enough, many were working from home (Manhattan basically emptied out because so many had to work remotely last year). They clearly didn’t think it was safe to stay at the office. But it’s totally ok for their kids and all of the older school staff to risk it all pre vaccine. I’ll never forget that.

That sense of superiority early on was definitely true though. :lol:

People posting their band aids on their arm was cringe back in Feb/March
I did not do anything ridiculous like post on social media, but I definitely stunted on a few of my friends as a joke.

On some...
5jf9wn.gif

I tried to get the ny excelsior pass plus but in order to verify my identity they were going to send a text or voicemail to my home number that I disconnected 6 years ago. Then it said I had to call some vaccine site administrator. So I just did the regular pass and got a qr code. It expires in a year for some reason.

Got my first covid test today…

I’m having symptoms of a cold that started today, extremely runny nose and have been sneezing a lot, feels like a cold. With the baby on the way, I had to get tested ASAP, and am isolating in my vaccinated moms basement until we get the results back. Wish me luck NT.

Got my first covid test today…

I’m having symptoms of a cold that started today, extremely runny nose and have been sneezing a lot, feels like a cold. With the baby on the way, I had to get tested ASAP, and am isolating in my vaccinated moms basement until we get the results back. Wish me luck NT.
fwiw there's a lot of colds going around. I had one too. All tested negative for covid.

1 - good to get tested anyway to do your due diligence
2 - even a regular cold ****ing sucks. I was out for a couple days. I despise those "it's just a cold" folk as if this desirable

And so it begins. Some people are so selfish and inconsiderate.

And so it begins. Some people are so selfish and inconsiderate.
Not even surprised. The outbreak at our school started with a COVID positive grandparent living with students who were being sent to school despite obvious known exposure that they didn’t disclose.

Back
Top Bottom