Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are playing it safe by waiting for additional studies and not just following Israel's lead. What makes you think you need a booster?

I don’t think I need one, but I definitely would like to know if I do.

I haven’t been paying a lot of attention recently but I was under the impression that the scientist are pretty clear about the fact that vaccine efficacy does wane, but not much has been said about what that timeline looks like.

Would very much like to know, but if we’re simply waiting on the studies to be complete there’s not much else to do.

I don’t think I need one, but I definitely would like to know if I do.

I haven’t been paying a lot of attention recently but I was under the impression that the scientist are pretty clear about the fact that vaccine efficacy does wane, but nut much has been said about what that timeline looks like.

Would very much like to know, but if we’re simply waiting on the studies not much else to do.

Antibodies naturally wane after EVERY vaccine (or viral illness). As long as B and T cells are created, you STILL HAVE IMMUNITY. When a large amount of antibodies are present (first 3-6 months) the immune reaction is much faster and quickly able to neutralize the virus when it enters your mucous membranes. Even if antibody levels are low, your B cells will produce new antibodies, which takes some time, but should still be able to effectively neutralize the virus before you experience severe disease. This is why vaccinated people can get infected, but often do not require hospitalization. There are some people (immunocompromised, elderly, broke a mirror, walked under a ladder, stepped on a sidewalk crack, etc) who do not mount a strong immune response from the vaccine and may go on to require hospitalization, and sadly even die. The vast majority of people do not yet NEED a booster, but should still do their best to avoid unnecessarily risky situations (letting a black cat cross your path) if they don't want to get sick.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not too worried about right this second. I'm more curious about months 9 - 12 and would definitely prefer to be as protected as I was months 3 - 6, even if my immune system should be able to cope.

Yea I'm not too worried about right this second. I'm more curious about months 9 - 12 and would definitely prefer to be as protected as I was months 3 - 6, even if my immune system should be able to cope.

I'm right there with you. Ideally I'll get some kind of booster around the time my kids are able to get vaccinated so we are all as protected as we're going to be and possibly take a vacation, depending on the situation at that time. I'd still like to see data on boosters targeted toward variants, nasal spray vaccines that provide better mucosal immunity, or something new and improved rather than just more of the same, but I'm probably dreaming.

hoping to travel early next year but we shall see. if not, we’ll do something like rent a cabin in the mountains or stay at a beach house.

i went through a period where i wasn’t getting phantom covid symptoms but now they’re back lol. itchy throat - covid. headache - covid. tired - covid. it’s probably since i’ve been exposed a bunch of times recently but i mask up and hand hygiene fastidiously so hopefully that’s been keeping my track record clean.

2B90A8F9-3866-47CE-8621-E772CE019F4B.jpeg

hoping to travel early next year but we shall see. if not, we’ll do something like rent a cabin in the mountains or stay at a beach house.

i went through a period where i wasn’t getting phantom covid symptoms but now they’re back lol. itchy throat - covid. headache - covid. tired - covid. it’s probably since i’ve been exposed a bunch of times recently but i mask up and hand hygiene fastidiously so hopefully that’s been keeping my track record clean.

Good news/bad news is that if you are truly being exposed and fighting off the virus, you're constantly getting boosted!
rjoz1O6.gif

Just found out my older, highly educated, very upper middle class cousin is not only an anti-vaxxer, but an anti-masker and thinks she can’t get COVID because that’s what she’s “manifested”…..

What in the absolute ****?

Edit: Bonus - she has a toddler at the crib and has been flying all over the country. Again….what the ****.

Last edited:
Had a COVID patient today that was unvaccinated. The report I got on the patient was pretty routine, but as soon as I went in her room to introduce myself she started spouting off COVID conspiracies and anti-vax rhetoric. I spent the next 5-10 minutes (respectfully) beating her down with facts and stats about COVID and the vaccines, and she was actually somewhat receptive to what I was telling her. Then she started going into how she's a Christian and how she puts her trust in Jesus over any doctor, so I tried to pander a bit while still emphasizing the importance of modern medicine in treating illness. She asked me what I believe in, so I gave a politician's answer but she kept digging deeper. Finally she got to the point where she asked me if I would join her in a prayer and submit myself over to Jesus Christ. Realizing I wasn't weaseling my way out of that one, I give up and join hands with her and she has me recite a prayer in which I gave myself over to my new lord and savior.

Now I'm a born-again Christian and there's not much I can do about it. This lady gave me directions to her church and is expecting to see me there when she gets out. :lol: :smh:

Had a COVID patient today that was unvaccinated. The report I got on the patient was pretty routine, but as soon as I went in her room to introduce myself she started spouting off COVID conspiracies and anti-vax rhetoric. I spent the next 5-10 minutes (respectfully) beating her down with facts and stats about COVID and the vaccines, and she was actually somewhat receptive to what I was telling her. Then she started going into how she's a Christian and how she puts her trust in Jesus over any doctor, so I tried to pander a bit while still emphasizing the importance of modern medicine in treating illness. She asked me what I believe in, so I gave a politician's answer but she kept digging deeper. Finally she got to the point where she asked me if I would join her in a prayer and submit myself over to Jesus Christ. Realizing I wasn't weaseling my way out of that one, I give up and join hands with her and she has me recite a prayer in which I gave myself over to my new lord and savior.

Now I'm a born-again Christian and there's not much I can do about it. This lady gave me directions to her church and is expecting to see me there when she gets out. :lol: :smh:

she sounds like my ex lol. but I refused to get dropped into the dunk tank!

what gets me with these people, if Jesus >>>>> any doctor why is she in the hospital instead of lying on a church altar waiting for the healz?

Just found out my older, highly educated, very upper middle class cousin is not only an anti-vaxxer, but an anti-masker and thinks she can’t get COVID because that’s what she’s “manifested”…..

What in the absolute ****?

Edit: Bonus - she has a toddler at the crib and has been flying all over the country. Again….what the ****.
Ego is hellova a drug

You should’ve pretended to get possessed and say “get vaxxed” lmao

Time to change your name to Compassionate Ford
mw3uce3.png

Next thing we knows she’s carrying compassionate ford’s baby :rofl:

Politicians beginning to bend for reelection. :frown:

I'm on a board for a charter school, class been in session for 2 weeks, already got 3 cases and having to contact trace and quarantine a whole grade and anyone they came in contact with.

I really hope this is the end of it, because what I experienced this morning was absolutely torture. The worst pain I’ve ever been in. Getting tested again tomorrow (tested negative last Friday).

So the fever, headache, cough, fatigue, and chills came back yesterday morning. I felt like complete **** until about 4pm and gradually got better the rest of the day. Woke up with just the sniffles this morning, but I just realized I lost my sense of smell.

I think it happened yesterday. I burnt some toast in the toaster oven and was amazed at it's ability to limit the smell because it didn't smell burnt at all. It was my first time burning anything in it. Fast-forward to this morning, I opened up a bag of Doritos (don't judge me) and didn't smell a thing. Opened the lid on the disinfectant wipes, same story. Opened a bottle of vinegar, nothing. Told my girl, and she brought over a bunch of perfumes, some vicks, and rubbing alcohol. Nada.

This is so surreal.

Back
Top Bottom