Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Finally got covid on August 20th (Sunday). Felt horrible the first 3 days. Still have a minor cough and stuffy nose.

Are jobs still even paying for time off or do you have to use PTO.

Or are you a boss and it doesn’t even matter?

Are jobs still even paying for time off or do you have to use PTO.

Or are you a boss and it doesn’t even matter?

When I got Covid LAST July of 22, the policy at the time was you had to use all of your own sick time up to 2 days left, so essentially if you had more than 2 days left you had to use your own time.

I have no idea what the protocol is now, hopefully I don’t find out lol

I think that’s how it is on the east coast as well.

I’ve been hearing rumblings in persona and online about a possible mandate happening as far as mask. What’s the likely hood of a partial shutdown happening?

****** need to mandate employers taking care of their employees when they need time off. Thats what they need to be doin.

It’s actually a stupid policy too. Eg you have an employee who gets a bad cold, they struggle into work because they’re told to and because they can’t afford to be off - they take weeks to recover, their work suffers, and in the meantime they give it to everyone else and the cycle continues.

Contrast that with them having a couple of days in bed taking it easy and then back to normal.

The only issue is people abusing that - in a large organisation some people will just take days off because they feel like it and that spoils it for everyone.

I think that’s how it is on the east coast as well.

I’ve been hearing rumblings in persona and online about a possible mandate happening as far as mask. What’s the likely hood of a partial shutdown happening?
Not likely. They might make recommendations, but nothing else.

Had two people on my floor get it and and I didn’t even know it. Their manager barely told me yesterday. I thought one of my employees had it last week (the same one that I believe gave it to me at the beginning of the year). I took one of the rapid tests. Came back negative.

Had two people on my floor get it and and I didn’t even know it. Their manager barely told me yesterday. I thought one of my employees had it last week (the same one that I believe gave it to me at the beginning of the year). I took one of the rapid tests. Came back negative.
You feel any symptoms? Are you masking?

I feel like people really aren't ready for the wave that's clearly gaining momentum...

You feel any symptoms? Are you masking?

I feel like people really aren't ready for the wave that's clearly gaining momentum...

Didn’t feel nothing. If I hear more folks in my building are getting it, I’m going to have to.

I feel folks aren’t going to care. They won’t want to go back to how things were for those what, 2 1/2 yrs.

One of my direct reports tested positive yesterday and of course we don’t have Covid guidelines anymore.

I’ve always masked up in office and out so I’m not too concerned about myself but can’t force others to do anything. I’m not ready for this :smh:

The company has nothing even informal where they have to be out at least 5 days, test negative, wear a mask until day 10? At least they tested. Seems most people are just saying it's a cold or allergies and not bothering to test anymore.

Local hospitals are starting to reinstate mask mandate especially in patient care area. Non-patient care are is "recommended".

Few people at my wife's company were tested positive, so they have been testing everyone in the last 2 weeks and wearing mask is mandatory. One of the positive ones got write-up by HR because he said he had symptoms but still decided to come to work. But from different perspective, some of these people don't have enough sick/PTO time which they need to use if they're tested positive. Those who tested positive can come back by providing negative results and no symptoms.

The company has nothing even informal where they have to be out at least 5 days, test negative, wear a mask until day 10? At least they tested. Seems most people are just saying it's a cold or allergies and not bothering to test anymore.
Nope, nothing.

I had to talk with my project manager regarding guidelines or procedures regarding someone testing positive. Only thing I got out of the talk is test negative and you can come back. :smh:

Anyone seen outbreaks at any schools yet? I’m sure with the flu, RSV and Covid that this is going to be a wild school year with all the mandates and restrictions lifted

Back
Top Bottom