Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Keep those hands clean! Japanese researchers have found that SARS-CoV-2 can last 9 hours on human skin, compared to 2 hours for influenza. Both are inactivated within 15 seconds after using hand sanitizer.

my goodness 9 hours ?
we are doomed

Coworker just popped his head into my office and said, "Did you watch the debate last night? Can you believe they're trying to blame COVAD (how he pronounces COVID, LOL) on Trump?!" I took the next 5 minutes to explain every single way the administration has failed the American people and afterward he said, "I don't know..." and walked out. It's interactions like this that make me lose faith in humanity.

I would have seriously just looked at him after his reply to you and said GTBleepO of my office!! You can't help stupid!!

I personally do not trust our government to successfully run socialized healthcare because they screw up everything they touch.
This is why nothing works in this country.

People are convinced that nothing the government does works even though they barely experience food, water, electricity, and communication shortages, they get their mail on time and it rarely (if ever) gets stolen, all products have minimum quality standards they must meet in order to be available to consumers, AND (the most important part) failure to meet established standards gets addressed by said government.

It's that very belief that gives rise to authoritarians and know-it-all leaders like the one currently in the WH.

sqmq7xidhyr51.jpg

This is why nothing works in this country.

People are convinced that nothing the government does works even though they barely experience food, water, electricity, and communication shortages, they get their mail on time and it rarely (if ever) gets stolen, all products have minimum quality standards they must meet in order to be available to consumers, AND (the most important part) failure to meet established standards gets addressed by said government.

It's that very belief that gives rise to authoritarians and know-it-all leaders like the one currently in the WH.
You make a good point but I think what he’s trying to say is that the transition from the system we have now to universal healthcare would be too much to handle. It’s literally going from the furthest distance between two points.
Your point is valid if Maybe we actually got there But the fumbling that would happen on the way to there might not let us ever get there.

You make a good point but I think what he’s trying to say is that the transition from the system we have now to universal healthcare would be too much to handle. It’s literally going from the furthest distance between two points.
Your point is valid if Maybe we actually got there But the fumbling that would happen on the way to there might not let us ever get there.

You're absolutely right. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I don't TRUST that our government leaders can come together and compromise on a plan that is fair and equitable without significant influence from political lobby groups that would undermine the entire thing. It is also my opinion that our country works most effectively/efficiently when the government steps to the side and allows private industry experts to do what they do best, with governmental funding for R&D, and oversight to review the results and approve/deny based on evidence. The 2 most glaring recent examples are seen in test kits that were originally screwed up by CDC and finally corrected by private industry, and rapid vaccine development. IMO, the "best and brightest" minds are not on the US government payroll.

No kidding. Its weird, the white American male takes pride in being grimey. Its like that equates to manliness or something. Damaged egos.

reminds me of when I used to go to my previous job’s Nebraska office. Some dude there told me “you Californians are too used to your manicures and kale salads” because I went to wash my hands after eating pizza :stoneface: Sorry I don’t want to be walking around with greasy hands and leaving oil stains everywhere?

Every journey starts with the first step. The first step in this case was the ACA.
You're absolutely right. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I don't TRUST that our government leaders can come together and compromise on a plan that is fair and equitable without significant influence from political lobby groups that would undermine the entire thing. It is also my opinion that our country works most effectively/efficiently when the government steps to the side and allows private industry experts to do what they do best, with governmental funding for R&D, and oversight to review the results and approve/deny based on evidence. The 2 most glaring recent examples are seen in test kits that were originally screwed up by CDC and finally corrected by private industry, and rapid vaccine development. IMO, the "best and brightest" minds are not on the US government payroll.
I don't disagree at all with this approach. I don't know if it's the best, but it gives the people accountable to the public (elected officials) some measure of control over the goods and services released for public use.

And I don't want you to think that my previous comment was personally directed towards you; it's just that I happen to come across this line of thinking way too often due to where I work/live (conservative) and it just annoys me because there is so much that the US government does right (or can do right), and all of that is taken for granted (or not acknowledged).

To make matters worse, the people who usually express this sentiment tend to put in charge politicians who are convinced that the best government is no government, which is how countries end up with unregulated food/medicine/toys hitting their markets and hurting people.

Back
Top Bottom