Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Edit - I got the original numbers off a covid tracker website because the nyc doh dashboard was down. The numbers don’t seem correspond at all (!) to the official nyc source. Looks like I jumped the gun.

Official source:
13464532-D797-472C-A65B-A7B777253858.png

Last edited:
I don't understand why they don't go full virtual
If I had to guess, I would assume it's mostly a money problem.

Software licenses cost money, and many school districts can't afford the cost to outfit all the kids' computers with all the stuff they'll need to follow the lessons and practice. For young kids, that might not be an issue; for high schoolers, who may be introduced to student versions of professional software, we're looking at a few thousands per year per computer.

Even if the kids have to remote in from home, they still have to share licenses among themselves, the hardware/servers need to be upgraded, etc... and some districts can't afford it, just like others can't even afford to purchase the kind of laptop capable of running a 3D modeling software for every kid.

And iF they do go virtual and invest on all these unplanned upgrades, what are property values going to look like next year? Which local politician is going to tell his neighbors "we had to spend this money to keep the kids safe at home" and expect to be reelected in areas where they reject sound solutions to the pandemic or the pandemic itself?

Alabama hospitals on Thursday reported 2,223 total COVID-19 patients, including 53 children. Hospitalizations neared 3,000 earlier this summer. Harris said the drop in cases is, on one hand, a good sign.

But much of the decrease is due to sustained high numbers of daily deaths, with hospitals across the state reporting up to "40, 50, 60 deaths a day," Harris said. As of Thursday, Alabama hospitals reported 546 suspected COVID-19 deaths in the previous 10 days, more than 50 deaths per day on average.

"Unfortunately, patients are dying from COVID in our hospitals despite our best efforts," said UAB's Dr. Sarah Nafziger this week.

Tweet appears to have been deleted, but I’ve heard they’re rationing care and prioritizing patients with the best chance of survival.
Just checked #idahoCovid19

god-help-us-holy-trinity.gif

It’s getting real in Idaho

You guys stay safe over there, COVID's going to have amble opportunity to jump back and forth between unvaccinated and vaccinated and a large breeding ground for variants. Over here, things are in control, good vaccination numbers, but everything's open. No restrictions. Just walked through the city center and it's back to partying like it's 1999. Wonder what we're going to look like in two month's time.

Why was she even at work? Why not on maternity leave?

people are acting like this is over…all these concerts, sporting events etc. even cnn news anchors aren’t wearing masks and they’re at these protests.

*11 month old son.

Last edited:
Good news is that vaccinations are going up in all the local counties. Bad thing is we had to reach near Florida levels of bad for people to get the message.

I really think a lot of people just said F it back in July and assumed it was all over. Once bodies started dropping again and hospitals were overflowing, it was time to get serious again. Hopefully we don't take our foot off the gas this time when cases start going way down.

Just annouced vaccines for 12+ here from Monday - my younger 2 are booked in at 8am.

Few others had the same idea as us because there was a line of kids at 8am. All done now.
At the moment they’re just giving kids a single dose - they think that’s enough protection for them and will review it in the next few weeks.

Short update:

My referral to the Long Covid Clinic has been approved. Come November I'll hopefully get some clues towards, what's going on with me and see if they can offer any treatment. If everything fails, I can always start watching Joe Rogan for medical advice.

Spent the last week in Puerto Rico. They are not playing games when it comes to masks over there. Unless you are visibly 6 feet or so apart while outdoors (in public), you must be masked up. There's a $100 fine if you don't. In San Juan, Cabo Rojo, etc. There are cops literally on every corner (masked up) making sure everyone else is. Outdoor dining? Mask has to be up unless you're actively eating or drinking. Wifey and I only went to two restaurants, both outdoor dining. You have to present your vaccine card and do a temperature check at the door or else you're not getting in. Was relieved to be somewhere they actually gives a damn at least, meanwhile back in the states Melissa has a problem with wearing a mask to do her 30 minute grocery shopping.

Short update:

My referral to the Long Covid Clinic has been approved. Come November I'll hopefully get some clues towards, what's going on with me and see if they can offer any treatment. If everything fails, I can always start watching Joe Rogan for medical advice.

Glad to hear you got approved man.

You still dealing with same symptoms from what you laid out in your return post?

Back
Top Bottom