Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I learned something I didn't know about the US last night - which probably explains a lot. It started because someone local posted on something my wife looks at that if you need help writing a letter to the school to turn down the flu/covid vaccine get in touch and she'll help - because it's a "scary time for parents". I'm sure that sounds familiar to you. My wife posted some info refuting what she said (and it had one of those big flags above it saying "click here for accurate vaccine information") and saying that at the moment they're not doing the vaccinations in schools - you go along to one of the mass centres we have set up (and a few smaller "roving clinics"). Moste of her points were the usual nonsense.

That reminded me of a teen I saw an article about a few days ago - he was 17 I think and keen to get the vaccine but his parents wouldn't sign the consent form so he couldn't get it. It's totally different here - I've just been signed off for kids flu vaccines and a good proportion of the training was on consent - clearly that's important in any medical field (and in another role it's one of my themes of the decade - the other being data use). Here we basically have a sliding scale of how invasive the procedure is and how competent the child is - clearly if a 4yo needs life saving surgery and doesn't want it then that is over-ruled after consideration (and the consideration will depend on how urgently the procedure needs done) but for something like a vaccine generally someone 12 and up who has read the information, said they understand it and is happy to go ahead can get it without a parent's permission.

Freedumb I guess - but only for white adults?

SF Bay Area numbers are looking good and slowly getting back to the numbers in June before things opened up.

California: 3.4% test positivity (seven-day rate), 20.0 cases per 100,000 (seven-day average), 0.2 deaths per 100,000 (seven-day average)
Alameda: 2.3% test positivity, 11.1 cases per 100,000, 0.01 deaths per 100,000
Contra Costa: 3.2% test positivity, 15.2 cases per 100,000, 0.2 deaths per 100,000
Marin: 2.1% test positivity, 8.3 cases per 100,000, 0 deaths per 100,000
Napa: 3.8% test positivity, 18.8 cases per 100,000, 0.2 deaths per 100,000
San Francisco: 2.0% positivity, 10.1 cases per 100,000, 0.2 deaths per 100,000
San Mateo: 1.9% test positivity, 9.5 cases per 100,000, 0.04 deaths per 100,000
Santa Clara: 1.7% test positivity, 11.3 cases per 100,000, 0.1 deaths per 100,000
Solano: 4.1% test positivity, 19.9 cases per 100,000, 0.4 deaths per 100,000
Sonoma: 2.6% test positivity, 13.2 cases per 100,000, 0.1 deaths per 100,000

The numbers are all headed in a downward direction and inching toward where the state and Bay Area were in June, when the pandemic saw a lull just before the state reopened for business and lifted most restrictions June 15. On June 2, the state was recording an average of 2.1 cases per 100,000 and 0.04 deaths per 100,000 across seven days. On June 1, the seven-day positivity rate was 0.8%.

The Bay Area has had some of the tightest COVID restrictions in the country. All counties in the region mandate masks indoors except Solano.

SF Bay Area numbers are looking good and slowly getting back to the numbers in June before things opened up.

Meanwhile, Fresno county's pathetic 53% vaccination rate and lax mandates have resulted in a 9.1% positivity rate and 43.6 cases per 100k. Killin' it... literally.

As if we weren't tired of hearing about boosters, here's an excellent article that looks at some of the main arguments against boosting and puts them in perspective.

meanwhile....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony! Toni! Tone! has done it again!

I understand there will be outrage from the right and the more vocal these politicians are about the rules, the more they are under scrutiny for their actions, but have any of you actually ever seen people pull up their masks in bars and restaurants between sips/bites? Admittedly, I haven't eaten in a restaurant in 18 months, but any time I've gotten takeout, I can clearly see it's masks off for everyone as soon as they sit down (if they even have one on when they walk in). C'mon now... let's be realistic.

Last edited:
meanwhile....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, look lol. I feel like the people that are quick to say something are the people who are slow to follow the guidelines lol. Does it look bad? Yeah,

I think the Mayor has done a pretty good job since the beginning of the pandemic.

Tony! Toni! Tone! has done it again!

I understand there will be outrage from the right and the more vocal these politicians are about the rules, the more they are under scrutiny for their actions, but have any of you actually ever seen people pull up their masks in bars and restaurants between sips/bites? Admittedly, I haven't eaten in a restaurant in 18 months, but any time I've gotten takeout, I can clearly see it's masks off for everyone as soon as they sit down (if they even have one on when they walk in). C'mon now... let's be realistic.
I honestly haven't. Granted the last time I ate at a restaurant it was outdoors.

#GOATvax still stuntin' on 'em!

Thats good news, Mod gang.

Forgive me maybe its the chemo brain but someone remind me again how the vaccine works in regards to being transmissable (to and from you). If you have the vaccine obv you can still get covid but if you have the vaccine and you do have covid (say youre asymptomatic) your viral load is less and you are less likely to infect someone? Or if you vaxed and around someone are you less likely to get it (or its just as likely to get it but the vaccine is there to keep you from getting in bad shape). Forgot how it works.

Agree with everything. I’m just afraid of the unvaccinated fools and idiots are going to start acting out because the mayor went maskless inside. Even when the city reopened in June I still masked up every time I went inside an establishment when you would see half people unmasked

Thats good news, Mod gang.

Forgive me maybe its the chemo brain but someone remind me again how the vaccine works in regards to being transmissable (to and from you). If you have the vaccine obv you can still get covid but if you have the vaccine and you do have covid (say youre asymptomatic) your viral load is less and you are less likely to infect someone? Or if you vaxed and around someone are you less likely to get it (or its just as likely to get it but the vaccine is there to keep you from getting in bad shape). Forgot how it works.

Sounds like your brain is in good order, bro. Blessings to you. If you're vaccinated, you are less likely to get infected, but if you become infected you are likely to have a lower viral load and be infectious for a shorter period of time. The exact percent likelihood depends on the specific dataset, but last I saw CDC said 5x less likely to be infected, 10x less likely to require hospitalization if you are infected, and 10x less likely to die if you are hospitalized.

You smell great too, but #pfizergang is starting to take all this Moderna superiority data personal!
1605828506_1fb5fa0f-4f93-4def-a0b3-f12043e2ac19.gif

Sounds like your brain is in good order, bro. Blessings to you. If you're vaccinated, you are less likely to get infected, but if you become infected you are likely to have a lower viral load and be infectious for a shorter period of time. The exact percent likelihood depends on the specific dataset, but last I saw CDC said 5x less likely to be infected, 10x less likely to require hospitalization if you are infected, and 10x less likely to die if you are hospitalized.

How exactly would it be less likely for a vaccinated person to get actually infected? I never actually thought about the science behind that, I just know the science if you are infected and vaxed how it prevents you from getting super sick.

Gonna ask my onc about the booster when I see him this week.

How exactly would it be less likely for a vaccinated person to get actually infected? I never actually thought about the science behind that, I just know the science if you are infected and vaxed how it prevents you from getting super sick.

Gonna ask my onc about the booster when I see him this week.

I'm pretty sure it's at least partly due to bias based on symptoms. There is obviously nothing stopping the virus (SARS-CoV-2) from landing in a vaccinated person's mucous membranes (mouth, nose, eyes), but if it takes ~5 days for symptoms to show up, your immune system has a relatively long period of time to take action and neutralize the virus and stop it from replicating and causing DISEASE (COVID-19). Influenza, for reference, typically starts showing symptoms within 2 days. The biggest difference, of course, is that with COVID you can transmit before you are actually symptomatic.

Back
Top Bottom