HOH/Footlocker/Footaction - NO Returns on release date product

As I figured this policy is for Limited shoes IE: Allstar Package, Foamposites and the QS 14's. You can exchange for equal value. This policy isnt for EVERY shoe. Also it is manager discretion to take something back, If its a slow day and the numbers haven't been made 9 outta 10 your not getting a return...Hope this brings some clarity and people calm down a little bit.

this policy is in affect because of resellers not being able to get off something and just bring it back for return for there money back... IF YOU REALLY REALLY WANNA COMPLAIN call corp. and they will tell you to ship your shoe in (with ur own money) and wait 30 days for a refund check in the mail...

people who cop stuff on release day look to flip them for mark up anyway. i don't disagree with this policy, just makes hypebeasts have to lower prices.

I purchased a pair of Lebron 9 Mangos and tried returning them to footaction because they didn't fit. They didnt allow the return and wanted me to go to the original store where the purchase was made. I was not aware of this policy when they were purchased. Nothing was written on my receipt nor was I informed of this. I called customer service to complain and they emailed me a return label. I was informed that managers are allowed to reject ANY return or exchange for ANY reason. I've purchased final sale items at HOH but I was aware and it was clearly stamped on my receipt in red ink. This policy does suck and should be made more available to customers.

FYI Release date products are products that are purchased on the release date.

I've had managers reject exchanges that I wanted to make despite me not having a receipt and the shoes being unworn and immaculate. So yeah, it all depends on if the managers for that day is on his/her period or not.

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by nimhet

this isn't any different than what happens when you buy something from NDC and have to return it.  What's all the fuss about?

<You obviously don't know the Nike return policy.
so you think I"m just making up this statement?  I've returned several items purchased from NDC to a Nikestore and that's the way it has worked.  Not sure what you are talking about

I'm too lazy to go there with u but Nike has the best return policy out there

YO! I honestly don't have a "major" issue with this policy. Obviously, some cases are different than others. However, when the playoff 13's dropped I saw a guy return SIX PAIRS on the 30th day, admittedly because he "couldn't sell them."
30t6p3b.gif
The game been messed up. No sense in crying about it. Get your pair, look at it, ok it & go home. DF!!!

Originally Posted by KidKrazy007

As I figured this policy is for Limited shoes IE: Allstar Package, Foamposites and the QS 14's. You can exchange for equal value. This policy isnt for EVERY shoe. Also it is manager discretion to take something back, If its a slow day and the numbers haven't been made 9 outta 10 your not getting a return...Hope this brings some clarity and people calm down a little bit.

See, this is the part about this new policy I don't like. If you're gonna do it, do it one way and stick to it. The customer doesn't care about if it's a slow day, they shouldn't be punished based off of that.
Having the manager's discretion is the ONLY part about this policy that is STUPID.

good for footlocker 
this is towards resellers 

if you resell and dont move the shoes in time or the price drops like the dave white 1's

its your fault for taking 20 plus pairs and getting stuck

if you want to resell as a business you will find out in business you some times got to take a loss

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

What exactly is a release date shoe though?

Had this debate with a with a manager and the policy is pretty stupid. A release date shoe is..............ANY shoe thats put on the release calander. 
roll.gif
 I had on some  ADT 2's that my girl got me, and I asked "just to clarify...these are a release date shoe that I got as a present...i wouldnt be able to return or exchange them if they were unworn" and he said yes.
laugh.gif

So i asked him to show me an example of something that's not release date and he showed me some wht/wht air forces, and some sandals.  Basically anything generic that they get a constant restock on is still returnable.

It was crazy the night that that I got my dunkmans (I actually wanted swingmans). I tried on swingmans...he took swingmans to the register. I get in my car and I have mangos...I go back in and they have to get a manager to approve the exchange. then they ended up being sold out of swingmans i was heated. so i jsut got the DM's

This policy is overkill IMO. I can understand doing this for limited/QS releases, but on GR's?
glasses.gif

Really I could see why this is good for people like us who actually buy the sneakers to wear, but on the other hand it is not good overall as some shops limit the inspection of the shoe in store upon purchase forcing us to accept quality issues that seem to have run rampant with the Jordan brand lately and Nike in general.  I feel as though this policy was put in place to combat both problems.  Resellers returns and quality issue returns.  Overall as a consumer we take a loss.

Originally Posted by jshortt

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I never return anything so this doesn't affect me..nor did it ever affect me when I was workin for the company..

If you buy it in the first place make sure you actually want it..returns are a hassle for both sides IMO..

DING-DING-DING-DING!!!  And just like lynchpin said, this is to keep the a-hole resellers from buying up size runs, then returning them at full price months after release because they couldn't flip them.  Or hypebeasts buying a pair because the internet told them to, then returning them a month later because "they weren't hot anyway," and they won't admit they got caught up.  Too many people taking advantage of this kind of stuff, and Foot Locker had to do something because they were tired of losing money on this exact scenario.

I have no problems with it because I know what size shoe I wear, and I only buy what I truly want.

Peace,
   J

How exactly does footlocker lose money on a return/exchange tho?

And is this just for their brick and mortar shops or online as well?

Ok this post brought me back out of the wood work, I haven't posted in years and years. This policy was put into effect not to refuse refunds to help increase profits as someone stated. If you don't believe me look into Foot Locker Inc. annual earnings report for 2011. It was put into place to help combat the ever growing trend of resellers. The reselling trend took a dramatic upswing in the last year, the main goal here is customer satisfaction. Foot Locker is trying to combat resellers to allow as many people as possible access to hot new product, and not allow someone buy multiple pairs or FSR to resell online for a profit. If you have recently attend a multiple release date i.e. Galaxy, Lebron Swingman, Mango, Dunkman, or this weekends Foam, KD4 Texas, Kobe Lower Merion, you know you can only purchase 1 shoe at a time. This is also to allow as many people as possible to have access to the product that truly want it, wear it or collect it. This also restricts access for the reseller who only wants it to make a profit. These new "glide lines" were put into effect prior to the Galaxy launch, not before the 3/2 LeBron 9 launch as someone stated. The new return policy was posted and still is on FootLockerUnlocked.com Bottom line customer satisfaction is our goal, your always welcome to inspect and try on your items prior to making a purchase, I do.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Is this just for Jordan's, Foams, or stuff like Griffey retro's?  Or just Jordan and Foams (stuff that sells out in minutes) the hot selling stuff.  I wonder what caused this :  people buying full size runs and not being able to sell it on ebay etc., so they return it to the store, or people buying stuff and then returning it for a refund with a "high quality" fake....

I'm pretty sure it was a combo of both. 

I dont understand how this policy is strictly about resellers because honestly theres really about 5 "hot" releases that come to non House Hoops Foot Lockers a year.

If they are so worried about resellers, why dont they just limit the amount of shoes you can purchase to 2 pairs?

Why punish all customers because of some people?

I really dont think that many people resell, I just think the sneaker culture is really popular right now

i love this policy. check your shoe before you pay for it. in the days of knowing months in advance when shoes drop...this shouldnt be a problem

Do your research on the sneaker prior to the date and returns or exchanges will rarely ever occur.

that changes not much for me...the %%*+#$!%! manager in my footlocker has been doing this for 2 years on all products.

he simply just told everybody his register does not do returns...W T F
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
   I don't know how much bonus he got from FTL
30t6p3b.gif

Huh I have no problems with this new policy whatsoever...I only buy what I like and I know what sizes will work for me so hopefully this will stop the resellers/hypebeast from buying shoes just because it has a "limited or Retro" tag next to them.

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

What exactly is a release date shoe though?

A shoe that a store can't sell until the release date. Usually when a store gets a shipment in, they can put the shoes out right away unless the shoes has a release date.
We got a shipment at my store with the Free Run 3s, Huarache Frees, Air Max 2012s, Lunarflys, and the Playoff 12s. All of which we are allowed to put out right away as soon as we got the shipment in except the 12s.

Man, you don't even have the chance sometimes to inspect your pair because they rush you out. The manager at one of my local HOH's was telling us this same "rule" while I was in line for the W/C IV's, but he said, "You cannot return this shoe.... at least not today."

Back
Top Bottom