HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

If you really want em that bad, I say sell one of your other pairs from your collection that you know you no longer need so you can tell her it's a wash therefore if she sees the new charge on the card you can give her the cash from the other pair you just sold

Even Steven, works with my lady all the time since she knows I'm just recycling my collection instead of coming out of pocket.
That's what I do off a pair for another

so did you keep them? lol.

just be up front about it. you did it out of Fomo and how you'll offset it. of all the things you hide from your wife, shoes are not one of them. save the hiding for those things :smokin :evil:
Haven’t canceled yet. Idk what to do. I think this will be the lowest price on resell. The jubilee are going for like 400 in size 10. The cool greys have to go to that

Picked up 3 from today’s FLX app pick ups

Attachments

• 4C761493-0490-4184-9A5A-C1751C02920C.jpeg
    4C761493-0490-4184-9A5A-C1751C02920C.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 2EEA94B3-8406-4999-8AF3-44783276FD17.jpeg
    2EEA94B3-8406-4999-8AF3-44783276FD17.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 791
Deal with it when they arrive *shrug*
I have ds unc 3, concord, jubilee, psg 4, fire red 4, dark concord 12, the black and yellow 12, stone blue 12, ovo raptor 4, fire red denim 3 and more I’m thinking about doing away with. She just don’t believe I will so I’ll hear nagging until I do. I just don’t know the best platform to do it. Really don’t like the unc 3s like I used to. Glad I didn’t wear them

my best advice is to just keep it a secret and never wear em in front of her. and then in 4 years break em out in front of her, be like you traded something and got these.
So it worked out she woke up and was eating her little nightly cereals. I told her that I would take them weak *** tmac 3s back and get the 160 and just get the 11s. She didn’t fuss or nothing so at least I told her. Them tmac 3s look like Shaqs anyways.

You goofed.
I snitched on myself? I knooowwww. But I don’t like keeping money **** a secret. My dad did that **** to my mom my whole life. It’s like she knew though. Eating cereal looking at me. Nah, but real ****. I wanted to let her know so she didn’t go and buy a resell pair on top of a re sell pair I bought. Yo, the year of concords she got me concords and surprised me with a resell pair of ds space jams 2 years later in the same Christmas. She spent 460 on the space jams. I love that woman. It’s the fact I don’t wear my **** and she thinks it’s wasteful, but still surprises me with gifts.

I snitched on myself? I knooowwww. But I don’t like keeping money **** a secret. My dad did that **** to my mom my whole life. It’s like she knew though. Eating cereal looking at me. Nah, but real ****. I wanted to let her know so she didn’t go and buy a resell pair on top of a re sell pair I bought. Yo, the year of concords she got me concords and surprised me with a resell pair of ds space jams 2 years later in the same Christmas. She spent 460 on the space jams. I love that woman. It’s the fact I don’t wear my **** and she thinks it’s wasteful, but still surprises me with gifts.
Just messing with you. Really was just pointing out the TMac slander.

If it works for you, it's all good. Could only hope those kind of issues one day myself lol.

Haven’t canceled yet. Idk what to do. I think this will be the lowest price on resell. The jubilee are going for like 400 in size 10. The cool greys have to go to that
Jubilee is going for how much??? How come nobody biting on my size 9 in local groups then? Feel like I'm giving out deals at 300 lol

Just messing with you. Really was just pointing out the TMac slander.

If it works for you, it's all good. Could only hope those kind of issues one day myself lol.
You like tmac shoes? I like the ones and 2s but I can’t get with these 3s..

Jubilee is going for how much??? How come nobody biting on my size 9 in local groups then? Feel like I'm giving out deals at 300 lol
That’s my problem As well the prices are high for these shoes but nobody wants to pay re sell prices like that unless the shoe is special. Like nobody is going to give me 490 for raptor 4s that have a scribbled ovo on tongue. So I need to figure out what I’m willing to cut it down to or keep them.

You like tmac shoes? I like the ones and 2s but I can’t get with these 3s..
Yeah, TMac 5 is my favorite. Also was my favorite BBall player growing up.

Never owned a pair up until like two months ago when I bought the white/blue TMac 2s online. 1-3 look so similar though so I wouldn't mind owning a pair of each.

Sounds like a very fiscally smart and responsible plan. Your future self in thanking you.

Don’t pay the pirates. The shoes are not intrinsically valued at that resale price so it’s a questionable expenditure of resources to begin with. But also, buying at resale feeds the machine and makes the next release and subsequent releases, ad infinitum, tougher to get. By paying resellers, you’re giving incentive and resources for resellers to keep innovating.

So ironically when someone begrudgingly pays for the Cool Grey 11 at resale, they’re in effect contributing to an environment where their next few releases will also likely need to be bought at resale as well.

It’s a resale paradox.

Hope you score at retail. Stay safe and blessed.

Good points all across!

I always try to save money, especially based on my financial predicament.

Damn right, I sure as hell ain't paying those leeches, vultures, parasites, etc.! I refuse to support their greed.

I know a lot are willing to overpay something just to have them and justify eliminating the inconvenience and effort to get them at retail. It won't change or improve my life if I don't get them, so I sure as hell won't overpay for something I want if I can't get it at retail. I refuse to subscribe to that "fear of missing out" mentality, which is weak-minded to me.

I agree with a previous post of your expounding on the fact it makes no sense to overpay for something perishable such as shoes that are extremely cheap to manufacture. I look at shoes like a car, albeit on a smaller numerical level obviously. It's just something you shouldn't put a lot of money in, especially if they'll deteriorate whether you wear them or not.

As much as I wanted these, I won't be upset if I don't get them at retail because I was only trying to get them to wear with two jerseys I have. I wouldn't have even considered these if I didn't have those jerseys. And I have salvation because I already had specific shoes in my possession that matched with those two jerseys.

prolly the one pair of xis i regret passing on....i felt like i had enough black based xis, but that allblack sits pretty good, ill admit...
wanted em legend blues first, but man that white patent mid browns out kinda bad...
beautiful shoe nonetheless....

I don't think you missed out on the Jubilee XI because they looked like a knockoff Space Jam XI to me, like some bootleg shoes. I still have mine from 2016, so those Jubilee were useless to me.

It looks like they got the inspiration for the Jubilee XI from those crappy bootleg swap meet designs.

She gonna find out when she ask how much is on my card when we pay it off next. I let her handle the numbers when I’m at work. She works too. It’s just hard being a sneaker head and married. At a certain point they stop understanding.

If you've always been a sneakerhead they will always understand because they know you. She may not like it but it's you and she knew who she was marrying. My wife who I've been with for 17 years was like your buying another pair for like the 1st 5 years of us being together. Then one day it hit her that this is all I truly like, shoes are my vice. Now after all these years she just says "what u got now?" or "I like those". Hopefully y'all will get to that place.

Last edited:
So it worked out she woke up and was eating her little nightly cereals. I told her that I would take them weak *** tmac 3s back and get the 160 and just get the 11s. She didn’t fuss or nothing so at least I told her. Them tmac 3s look like Shaqs anyways.
😂 you gotta be the nicest most considerate husband and she sounds like the most observant wife 😂

Good points all across!

I always try to save money, especially based on my financial predicament.

Damn right, I sure as hell ain't paying those leeches, vultures, parasites, etc.! I refuse to support their greed.

I know a lot are willing to overpay something just to have them and justify eliminating the inconvenience and effort to get them at retail. It won't change or improve my life if I don't get them, so I sure as hell won't overpay for something I want if I can't get it at retail. I refuse to subscribe to that "fear of missing out" mentality, which is weak-minded to me.

I agree with a previous post of your expounding on the fact it makes no sense to overpay for something perishable such as shoes that are extremely cheap to manufacture. I look at shoes like a car, albeit on a smaller numerical level obviously. It's just something you shouldn't put a lot of money in, especially if they'll deteriorate whether you wear them or not.

As much as I wanted these, I won't be upset if I don't get them at retail because I was only trying to get them to wear with two jerseys I have. I wouldn't have even considered these if I didn't have those jerseys. And I have salvation because I already had specific shoes in my possession that matched with those two jerseys.

I don't think you missed out on the Jubilee XI because they looked like a knockoff Space Jam XI to me, like some bootleg shoes. I still have mine from 2016, so those Jubilee were useless to me.

It looks like they got the inspiration for the Jubilee XI from those crappy bootleg swap meet designs.
I mean, we're all paying $200+ for sneakers that probably only cost $15-$20 to manufacture. We're all overpaying to someone greedy, only choice is how much we overpay and to who.

Back
Top Bottom