HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Here’s what it currently says on ebay

18584250-C673-4DAB-A577-73E16D82B4B2.png

Didn’t realize it was that high for sales under $100…I thought it was still around 9%

No, it was a high-end airsoft sniper rifle. So maybe selling rules may be different?
Back in the day, sellers got around paying those fees by making the item $1. But the shipping is $200..
Since eBay didn’t include shipping fees
Yeah eBay was hip to that eventually, charged a fee for item + s/h…. Before they went to no fee over $100

James_O James_O no fees for sneakers over $100 , other categories have fees. I’m not aware of other categories that are also $0 , maybe there are some.

Just got the email from ebay,

"As eBay continues to invest in our platform, we are making changes to final value fees for Men’s and Women’s sneakers listed in the Athletic Shoes category.

Effective January 19, 2022, the final value fee for sneakers over $100 will be 8% (7% for Basic and above Stores subscribers). Insertion fees will continue to be waived for listings with a starting price over $100. See detailed FAQ’s here.

eBay is and will remain the most competitive destination for sneaker resale. We have the lowest fees among competing marketplaces and offer the latest resources to help accelerate, grow and scale your business: no-fee verified returns, seller protections and Authenticity Guarantee. To date, eBay has authenticated about 2 million sneakers globally, with a pair of sneakers purchased every four seconds."

Attachments

• ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 287
Spring 2021 was earlier this year, and that's just eBay's fee structure for most categories. Doesn't include sneakers.

Seems like I'm late on comments, see above. For sneaker listings over $100 = 8% fee starting 1/19/22. I was wondering when they'd start charging

Examples? You got me curious as to what the possibilities are.
Portion of your mortgage, insurance and property taxes are deductibles in a home based business, if you have a dedicated shoe room in your house, as well as upkeep and repairs. I'm reading up on it now and meeting with a tax person 2nd week of January for instructions.

Yeah eBay was hip to that eventually, charged a fee for item + s/h…. Before they went to no fee over $100

James_O James_O no fees for sneakers over $100 , other categories have fees. I’m not aware of other categories that are also $0 , maybe there are some.
Talking about doing transactions off eBay is dead too, and an easy way to get terminated…at least I’m in the top star program 🤷‍♂️
If you have an LLC
So, I should start my own “business”? Landscaping or contractor? What’s the cost to do this **** on legal zoom?
Portion of your mortgage, insurance and property taxes are deductibles in a home based business, if you have a dedicated shoe room in your house, as well as upkeep and repairs. I'm reading up on it now and meeting with a tax person 2nd week of January for instructions.
Be kind and bless us with the deets

Need to find out what ya'll doing with this 600 crap.. I know folks are already on the work around.
Just freestyling here….. doing deals locally and via IG stays under the radar… problem is eBay is where the buyers are… maybe we can “subtly” redirect buyers to IG by putting a paper tag with usernames on our pics for example. On description can tell them to check your IG for “questions”. Idk this prob won’t work because buyers will prefer to do the deal on eBay for the authentication system. Unless they can save a buck and it all checks out

Just freestyling here….. doing deals locally and via IG stays under the radar… problem is eBay is where the buyers are… maybe we can “subtly” redirect buyers to IG by putting a paper tag with usernames on our pics for example. On description can tell them to check your IG for “questions”. Idk this prob won’t work because buyers will prefer to do the deal on eBay for the authentication system. Unless they can save a buck and it all checks out

Oh that's too much work lol.. will not be practical. I was talking about tax/filing purposes, write offs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom