Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Yeah no family. Just me and my girl. Haven't found a house we like enough to buy yet but most likely something 3 bedroom because we need a guest bedroom since we both have family nearby, and I need a sneaker room :lol:

I'd probably just plan on furnishing the dining room for when family comes for occasions, living room and bedroom. So I'll just take my time with the other rooms.

Exactly furnish the spots where y’all will spend the most time in. And be mindful of what they are using to make your furniture. A lot of furniture is made with low emitting toxins that are overall bad for your health.

How do new builds work when it comes to the plot of land? Do you have to buy the land on top of the home build cost?

You should be good depending on where you shop. I put money towards what’s going to get a lot of use and needs to be durable, then worry about the rest of the house later.

How do new builds work when it comes to the plot of land? Do you have to buy the land on top of the home build cost?
Yep. There is the base price of the house (the price that’s advertised), cost of options, and then the lot premium that goes into the overall purchase price. The better the location within the neighborhood the higher the premium.

We got a lot where the backyard isn’t back-to-back with another house’s backyard. Our lot cost 30k while the back-to-back lots only went for 5k. Ours should also have a lake view and is the second to last house on the row. Originally wanted the lot on the very end but it hasn’t been released yet and no telling how much it’ll actually go for.

Wife and I closed last Friday!
DF0742FF-4C37-4D1B-B106-21B9F887E4BE.png

Attachments

• C1AF01C4-A03A-41CC-A889-780A3FC19696.jpeg
    C1AF01C4-A03A-41CC-A889-780A3FC19696.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Nice, looks like Petworth. Wish I had the guap right now, you just know those values are gonna soar.

Yep, once Amazon and Walter Reed is finished I'm hoping for an uptick. I had been watching this property for a while. I've been stacking to buy for a while. My girl wanted to stay in Cap Hill, it was cool but it was too damn close to work (China Town). We went to an open house in Hill East and luckily met a Sotherbys Relator that was really on it. Between her the lender and title company we closed 10 days early.

nah, it’s not good for family life. The inner city raises great people but I rather my children NOT have to endure foolishness...

plus it’s too crowded. It’s over the top!
I’m looking towards the Woodbury Commons outlet area, for obvious reasons. Lol

but NYC was dope when it had soul and made tough people... this new stuff is for the birds.

I feel a mass exodus coming once people realize that the NYC economy is going to be shot for the next couple of years. This pandemic is going to jumpstart the shrinking middle class exodus into full blast. Result may be higher prices in the surrounding towns upstate.
802AFD70-9AE2-4B94-982B-01F4C6581D31.jpeg

House coming along!!
Congrats. Beacon is a beautiful gem in NY.

Was gonna say looks like what I think Vermont/Maine/New Hampshire would look like for some reason :lol:

Sick *** back yard area though :pimp:

Exactly furnish the spots where y’all will spend the most time in. And be mindful of what they are using to make your furniture. A lot of furniture is made with low emitting toxins that are overall bad for your health.
more info on this please
:nerd:

more info on this please
:nerd:

the toxins part? nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

if so basically just look at how everything you purchase is made and of what? Before I get on my soapbox some people think i overthink things. But when we bought our house, I wanted a completely fresh start and to create a healthy environment for my family. We’re black (and this matters due to more common hereditary issues being passed on such as asthma and eczema). Everything from carpet to furniture to plastic gives off VOCs. VOCs are Volatile organic compounds which are mainly bad for your heath long term, especially man made ones.

The EPA reports that VOCs often cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, nausea, and can also damage the liver, kidney, and central nervous system. Other common symptoms include: frequent headaches. Also they can affect the respiratory system, the immune system and allergies. Really not good for young children. It can have long term detrimental affects.

A lot of cheap furniture like stuff you buy from value city, Ashley furniture, or havertys more than likely have some form of a Voc finish. The good thing is you live in Cali so a lot of companies are being forced to disclose the prop 65 warning.

just be cautious. Anything wood that you are buying make sure it’s solid wood with non toxic finishers (I don’t know the exact terms), any upholstery make sure it’s not polyester or vinyl, try to go for cotton or wool (organic is even better). Try to go with bamboo, cast iron skillets and glass for as much cookware as you can.

of course you don’t have to do this for everything because it is expensive. But any where my son spends a lot of time it’s all organic, 100% cotton etc. We also use air purifiers and banzai plants.

As a kid I had eczema and asthma really bad also allergic to everything under the sun. My kid dosent have anything yet...knocks on wood lol

end of long post

Last edited:
daaaaaaaaamn 8 acres for less than 600k
so how trash is it stayig in maine though
what are the drawbacks
other than being the only black person living there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom