Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

4D91AE33-D012-4D30-A816-EAB49B854A69.jpeg
C9056666-44CF-4225-8EF2-1F24D9A61A94.jpeg
7F11EC56-7C65-4D85-AEFE-F7F9B04F5B7F.jpeg
Bought our dream home this fall. Never moving ever again.
Congrats bro, beautiful views

But never ever moving??

My crib is amazing, and really big... 4.2k sq ft
When these kids turn 18 I’m planning to sell this house for sure lol.

How you living fam??

Man nothing special. I live in NC. Regular old 3 bedroom house....my back yard is pretty big though. Prob trying to move in a few years since my son will start school and the school we are zoned to isn't great at all. Nothing crazy, but we closed on it in 2014 and it works for us

Man nothing special. I live in NC. Regular old 3 bedroom house....my back yard is pretty big though. Prob trying to move in a few years since my son will start school and the school we are zoned to isn't great at all. Nothing crazy, but we closed on it in 2014 and it works for us

Lmao I just meant how are you!?

daaaaaaaaamn 8 acres for less than 600k
so how trash is it stayig in maine though
what are the drawbacks
other than being the only black person living there :lol:
I mean it’s certainly not for everyone. 3 hours from the nearest city. You better like winter. Haha the only black guy I know is my brother in law. But there’s no place more open and free. My biggest passion is fly fishing so it’s one of the top areas in the country. If I walk across the road (literally) I’m in Canada. Border patrol had to bring my dog back the other day hahah

I mean it’s certainly not for everyone. 3 hours from the nearest city. You better like winter. Haha the only black guy I know is my brother in law. But there’s no place more open and free. My biggest passion is fly fishing so it’s one of the top areas in the country. If I walk across the road (literally) I’m in Canada. Border patrol had to bring my dog back the other day hahah
hmmmmm
so i could use it as like my winter and summer home???
for vacations

That’s a nice home. I wouldn’t mind a home on a large property when I’m closer to retirement. But that would be down in Texas.

I’ve stayed in Burlington, VT before and I actually liked it up there. The air was fresh as hell lol. Driving to Montreal wasn’t bad either.

WestChester county and further north of NYC is gonna blow the ***** up in real estate value...a damn shack accross the street from where I’m building mines sold for 425k, joint is 1200sqft :sick:

WestChester county and further north of NYC is gonna blow the ***** up in real estate value...a damn shack accross the street from where I’m building mines sold for 425k, joint is 1200sqft :sick:
800sqft....lol

Any tips on how to get insider information on hot properties?
I been looking at 200-300k places in LA for investment. Mostly rundown places and by the time i see them they are marked as contingent/pending.

i mostly use realtor.com

should i just be more persistent on searching and refreshing areas? Or is there a site that has not yet listed properties?

more info on this please
:nerd:
the toxins part? nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

if so basically just look at how everything you purchase is made and of what? Before I get on my soapbox some people think i overthink things. But when we bought our house, I wanted a completely fresh start and to create a healthy environment for my family. We’re black (and this matters due to more common hereditary issues being passed on such as asthma and eczema). Everything from carpet to furniture to plastic gives off VOCs. VOCs are Volatile organic compounds which are mainly bad for your heath long term, especially man made ones.

The EPA reports that VOCs often cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, nausea, and can also damage the liver, kidney, and central nervous system. Other common symptoms include: frequent headaches. Also they can affect the respiratory system, the immune system and allergies. Really not good for young children. It can have long term detrimental affects.

A lot of cheap furniture like stuff you buy from value city, Ashley furniture, or havertys more than likely have some form of a Voc finish. The good thing is you live in Cali so a lot of companies are being forced to disclose the prop 65 warning.

just be cautious. Anything wood that you are buying make sure it’s solid wood with non toxic finishers (I don’t know the exact terms), any upholstery make sure it’s not polyester or vinyl, try to go for cotton or wool (organic is even better). Try to go with bamboo, cast iron skillets and glass for as much cookware as you can.

of course you don’t have to do this for everything because it is expensive. But any where my son spends a lot of time it’s all organic, 100% cotton etc. We also use air purifiers and banzai plants.

As a kid I had eczema and asthma really bad also allergic to everything under the sun. My kid dosent have anything yet...knocks on wood lol

end of long post
formaldehyde is 1 specific VOC I believe they've said & it's often used in particle board wood products. seams like they say it stops off gassing after 10 years, I'm not sure what to believe. better consumer protection is needed IMO.

formaldehyde is 1 specific VOC I believe they've said & it's often used in particle board wood products. seams like they say it stops off gassing after 10 years, I'm not sure what to believe. better consumer protection is needed IMO.

Yup big time. Even glues. Like if you’re getting your carpet redone. Basically if you bring it in your house and it has a smell it’s more than likely off gassing.

Its crazy how much stuff is in our everyday products and we don’t get proper warning.

Any tips on how to get insider information on hot properties?
I been looking at 200-300k places in LA for investment. Mostly rundown places and by the time i see them they are marked as contingent/pending.

i mostly use realtor.com

should i just be more persistent on searching and refreshing areas? Or is there a site that has not yet listed properties?

Facebook wholesaler's group... but they're looking to sell to all-cash buyers usually. You could try Bigger Pockets forums for tips. You should probably also find an agent that deals with investment properties, as they would be informed by the sellers when houses are going to be put up for sale.

Just bought plants/shrubs from a nursery, $450 for 9

Sick to my stomach :smh: :lol:

I just dropped a couple racks on sod in April... go to turn on my sprinkler system and it starts leaking. Get a sprinkler guy out and he's already had to fix 4 spots where they chopped up the line with the rototiller.... and he's coming back today to fix any other spots. I'm heated at the sod guys not only because they hit the line, but now my beautiful new grass is getting dug up to fix the lines

I just dropped a couple racks on sod in April... go to turn on my sprinkler system and it starts leaking. Get a sprinkler guy out and he's already had to fix 4 spots where they chopped up the line with the rototiller.... and he's coming back today to fix any other spots. I'm heated at the sod guys not only because they hit the line, but now my beautiful new grass is getting dug up to fix the lines
any reason why u didnt go drip?

Back
Top Bottom