Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

was is that on the right side ? At first I thought it was staircase but it looks too small for that.

i think its called an egress...used an emergency exit when a door cannot be built, and also allows homeowners to count additional square footage of basement since its not technically an enclosed room, i think

About to close soon on a house in CT. 4bed 2bath

Didnt think I was gonna make it happen this year with the rates dropping as it is , I had to make the move.

Paying off any debts to lower your debt to income, gives you more home buying power. Get your credit score up.

When those are good, get pre-approved by a lender, figure out how much you can afford.

Then figure out what you want in a house/area/neighborhood

Getting started with the process myself today. Going to get pre-approved and move forward from there.

Home inspection scheduled for this Thursday. :pimp:

Hoping we don't have to be outside for too long and it doesn't rain hard.
Considering you bought a condo you shouldn't be outside for too long :lol:

Also, bad weather is great for home inspections because you can see how the house handles it.

bout to hit up this fha program b
what yall experience with naca?
or what do yall recommend?
located in Cali
I went through NACA. Great program with great benefits. Depending on your situation, it can be really easy or really hard. If your finances are straight and your credit report is clean, you'll breeze through. If not, you'll spend a lot of time cleaning that stuff up.

The main barrier people have is the time to close and the overall duration of the process. If you're house hunting and trying to buy within a month, do not do this program. Some sellers aren't willing to wait weeks to complete back-and-forth paperwork and some buyers don't have the patience to deal with the requirements, especially if its in a hot market.

I purchased a new construction home so I wasn't in a rush to move in. My counselor was great and quick to respond to calls and email. I can't say too many programs beat their closing benefits and interest rates. I made too much to benefit from other housing programs in my area.

I went through NACA. Great program with great benefits. Depending on your situation, it can be really easy or really hard. If your finances are straight and your credit report is clean, you'll breeze through. If not, you'll spend a lot of time cleaning that stuff up.

The main barrier people have is the time to close and the overall duration of the process. If you're house hunting and trying to buy within a month, do not do this program. Some sellers aren't willing to wait weeks to complete back-and-forth paperwork and some buyers don't have the patience to deal with the requirements, especially if its in a hot market.

I purchased a new construction home so I wasn't in a rush to move in. My counselor was great and quick to respond to calls and email. I can't say too many programs beat their closing benefits and interest rates. I made too much to benefit from other housing programs in my area.
is there any catch with naca?

Considering you bought a condo you shouldn't be outside for too long :lol:

Also, bad weather is great for home inspections because you can see how the house handles it.
I just hate dealing with the rain in general. :lol:
No - you should do the walk around with them. I just did it on two properties with no issue, wear a mask
For sure will be there. I'm required to wear a mask, gloves and social distance from the inspector.

Renting this place out via Airbnb for the next few months while I fix a few things

View is nice

4EE86DF9-0567-4C11-85BD-01F3EB9DA6B6.jpeg

Is it common that the loan company makes you take a “First Time Homeowners Course”?

I’m set to close on the 23rd. I’ll give more details once i get on a computer and can type the process.

Back
Top Bottom