Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Never really had a yard before. Anybody got lawnmower recs lol?
45B644C7-4096-4113-A1D2-7B2BB59580EA.jpeg
E510C510-662C-42D9-9018-535D6FEEE960.jpeg
Beautiful
Any plans for all that yard?

Beautiful
Any plans for all that yard?
Thanks.

Would like to get it fenced for the dog, but that probably won't be til like next spring or summer at the earliest. Also would like to build stairs from the deck down to the yard.

That’s the only reason I don’t want to invest in real estate. The effort of repairs and of dealing with tenants. And stock market returns are so good.

C5323246-B343-4A4B-A4A4-6C4E8D419ECC.jpeg

“…. Never invest in something where you can’t see your money…”

Heard that years from my uncle, he owns several apartment buildings in Brooklyn and a massive hotel in the Caribbean… not saying your wrong tho

my pops is an architect and made a floor plan of my place... it will help with getting furniture and also to renovate... now the people installing the hardwood, painting the crib or renovating the kitchen dont have to stop by...on another note had the inspection yesterday and nothing major came up... looks like im good and closing will be soon on the 14th... just hope my lender which is wellsfargo doesnt make a big deal about my place being close to the marina... they said my place doesnt have the recommended coverage for a flood zone...
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.12.52 AM.png

my pops is an architect and made a floor plan of my place... it will help with getting furniture and also to renovate... now the people installing the hardwood, painting the crib or renovating the kitchen dont have to stop by...on another note had the inspection yesterday and nothing major came up... looks like im good and closing will be soon on the 14th... just hope my lender which is wellsfargo doesnt make a big deal about my place being close to the marina... they said my place doesnt have the recommended coverage for a flood zone...
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 7.12.52 AM.png

have you looked into insurance?

That's definitely a riding lawnmower lawn. My Dad always messed with Craftsman back when it was made in America and sold at Sear's. If it's in budget, whatever you get, get the attachments or model level where it bags it for you to. Or you could mulch and let the wind take care of it if you mowe often enough that that isnt massive piles of grass

B Sox B Sox not sure what the sq footage of that back yard is but I doubt you want to push that. Either riding or zero turn. If you have a decent budget I would go with a John Deere zero turn. They take some getting use to but once you do you could have that whole backyard mowed in 20 minutes. Plus, most of them have cup holders. For water or beer. Whatever you prefer. #washed

Hirer a landscaper. I don't do or enjoy doing yard work. Leave it to the professionals.

I don’t have a landscaper but fuuuuu I hate it.

thankfully my next crib is no grass and is all rocks and pine trees and I’m gonna keep it that way too. Just do some dope hard scraping and not planting grass.

thankfully my next crib is no grass and is all rocks and pine trees and I’m gonna keep it that way too. Just do some dope hard scraping and not planting grass.

Mowing and keeping up a lawn is a COMPLETE pain in the *** but as I have gotten older and more washed it has become more of a competitive challenge to keep and maintain a nice lawn. You get a certain sense of satisfaction after cutting your grass or just looking at your fresh, lush green lawn. Now when I walk in our 'hood' or even drive around town I always silently judge people on their lawns, lol.

That being said I wouldn't judge anyone who pays to have it professionally managed or if I could rip all of my grass out and replace it with some lush, field turf I would do that in a heart beat. Mowing in the summer here in KS is NO JOKE.

Mowing and keeping up a lawn is a COMPLETE pain in the *** but as I have gotten older and more washed it has become more of a competitive challenge to keep and maintain a nice lawn. You get a certain sense of satisfaction after cutting your grass or just looking at your fresh, lush green lawn. Now when I walk in our 'hood' or even drive around town I always silently judge people on their lawns, lol.

That being said I wouldn't judge anyone who pays to have it professionally managed or if I could rip all of my grass out and replace it with some lush, field turf I would do that in a heart beat. Mowing in the summer here in KS is NO JOKE.
Don’t be one of those guys 😂

I have a pretty big size back yard but nothing that huge :lol:
I don’t know if I want to make an ADU, or make it a lowkey paradise, with a bar, pool, BBQ and TVs.
thing is it isn’t my forever home.
Renting two rooms as well. Not to worried about rent. Got a couple homies who are about that life :lol:

I wonder if this is the correct thread to speak about tiny houses. I was looking at some videos on YT and I actuallly saw 2 that were simply amazing (one was actually an old RV) and though I do not think I can live in a tiny house full time, I am very fascinated by them.

I too really like them. I think the hard part is getting land though. I would love to join a diverse (eg not all just white people) tiny homes community somewhere. Would be great if people reimagined homes to be smaller but communal shared areas to be larger. It’s what i dislike about the burbs - it’s like prison - everyone just in their own home and no sense of community on a day to day. It’s why i’ve preferred living in foreign cities - lot more engagement and community.

My lawn is dead and struggling :lol:

it didn’t rain here all summer until last week.

It has been a hard summer here in KS. Just about everyone in the neighborhood, including my struggle has dormant patches. The best thing is that with some watering, rain and cooler temps that grass will grow back.

Don’t be one of those guys 😂

I can't help it. Now that I don't play competitive sports anymore I gotta take my juices out some where.

Summer has been brutal in CO too. Backyard was riddled with dormant patches and pet spots. I was still cutting the grass to about 2-3 inches almost weekly. Neighbor gave me a tip to water as much as possible and let the grass grow out for a month then cut to 4 inches. Took his advice and the backyard looks so much better. Extra grass length protects the root and soil from drying out as fast from sun exposure. Still have one patch that completely died so going to try some EZ seed repair as the temp cools down.

Doing my research for next year. Lawn care does seem addicting.

My HOA takes care of all of it thank goodness. I was almost tempted to buy this big house with a big yard and a pool but I aint ready for all that yet.

My HOA takes care of all of it thank goodness. I was almost tempted to buy this big house with a big yard and a pool but I aint ready for all that yet.
Hell no man, I wish I had an hoa at my house. :lol:

I got one at my lot I haven’t built on but all it does it maintain the roads because it’s off in the boonies and if you didn’t pool your money together we’d all have to own tractors to push off the snow.

Back
Top Bottom