Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Idaho, Montana, Wyoming not the wave no mo?
Figure that sun belt talk is mainly due to the favorable year round weather, at least towards the western region

had the home inspection on saturday and man....
so many red flags : roofing ( moisture stains in attic), electrical ( outdated electrical panel and mis-wired outlets), and plumbing ( galvanized tubing, needs new water heater )
feel like i got gut punched real bad

realtor says we'll def be getting credit

so many red flags : roofing ( moisture stains in attic), electrical ( outdated electrical panel and mis-wired outlets), and plumbing ( galvanized tubing, needs new water heater )

Bro be careful. When my basement flooded they found outdated electrical and that alone cost to rewire the basement was $8k.

Plumbing ain't no joke either, nor is moisture issues (mold).

About 5-6 weeks out from closing. Tile went in this week so wanted to share the progress. Really happy with the progress!
ADECA79B-D088-4BC3-8707-B0A74ADA9475.jpeg

This is nice, I have a sit down shower for days I have to cry in there after a long day.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these major companies have a REIT. Especially if they have all that data it would almost be a waste not to.

Do you need the house?! I’d make seller fix all that. Credit wouldn’t cut it for me.

Bought my first home a little over 2 weeks ago.
As much as i wanted to stay in la county, i was priced out.

I ended up in San Bernardino County, lot isnt too big, but the school district is great, house was built in 2016, everything upgraded from the solar panels to the house having surround sound.

the only drawback is my commute though, 45 mins to get to work and 1-1.5 hours to get back home 🥱

Need advice ya. Ill try and be brief

saw a crib loved it. All of it cept it didnt have parking. Only on the street.Big deal but incan live with it becuase the area is decent and mostly everyone has thier own parking.

selling price was at 530. Real estate agent got in our ear saying this can easily go to 570-580. We offered 560, not expecting much. And they accepted. Now im having cold feet.

i dont think its worth 560 with no garage. I think its not worth more than 540. We saw the house 3 days ago and our real estate agent just sent us the comp house in the area. And they are pretty eqaul to the 560 but none lack the parking

he also sent a property report and its estimated value is 520. With a refined value of 550(covid price).
If i had this info before i wouldnt make that offer.

this wild yo. Any insight

saw a crib loved it. All of it cept it didnt have parking. Only on the street.Big deal but incan live with it becuase the area is decent and mostly everyone has thier own parking.

selling price was at 530. Real estate agent got in our ear saying this can easily go to 570-580. We offered 560, not expecting much. And they accepted. Now im having cold feet.

i dont think its worth 560 with no garage. I think its not worth more than 540. We saw the house 3 days ago and our real estate agent just sent us the comp house in the area. And they are pretty eqaul to the 560 but none lack the parking

he also sent a property report and its estimated value is 520. With a refined value of 550(covid price).

Agent sounds kinda wack. Why weren’t you given that info beforehand?!

If you're not comfortable with it, then pull out. You have to remember, Real Estate Agents have their own interest at heart.

If you don't mind my asking... Where are you located/purchasing.?

Here in LA, it's not uncommon for homes to go way above asking, especially in today's market. I don't think we can assume that your agent was advising you of such solely with his personal gain in mind...

Unfortunately, during a "sellers market", your offer isn't always what the value of the house may be, but what others may be willing to pay for it .. tons of houses everywhere are selling for way more than they're probably worth .. question is,

is it worth it to you.?

Sounds like you don't really feel that it is .. I would say keep searching...

Do you need the house?! I’d make seller fix all that. Credit wouldn’t cut it for me.
“Need” ….
That’s the thing that has been mind all week
Yes and no
getting finalized reports today

the thing with a seller fixes, is they will continue to patch stuff without a permanent fix because they know there will be another buyer who will be accepting of it

if I ask for credit, I can overestimate the costs of repairs and know I will be overseeing it gets done right to my liking

Also if the seller fixes it, it helps them retain the agreed sell price
If I ask for credit the price gets reduced and will eventually increase the value of the property once the fixes are made after becoming owner

If you don't mind my asking... Where are you located/purchasing.?

Here in LA, it's not uncommon for homes to go way above asking, especially in today's market. I don't think we can assume that your agent was advising you of such solely with his personal gain in mind...

Unfortunately, during a "sellers market", your offer isn't always what the value of the house may be, but what others may be willing to pay for it .. tons of houses everywhere are selling for way more than they're probably worth .. question is,

is it worth it to you.?

Sounds like you don't really feel that it is .. I would say keep searching...
Westchester county in NY. Yeah the prking issue is becoming bigger and bigger the more i think about it

“Need” ….
That’s the thing that has been mind all week
Yes and no
getting finalized reports today

the thing with a seller fixes, is they will continue to patch stuff without a permanent fix because they know there will be another buyer who will be accepting of it

if I ask for credit, I can overestimate the costs of repairs and know I will be overseeing it gets done right to my liking

Also if the seller fixes it, it helps them retain the agreed sell price
If I ask for credit the price gets reduced and will eventually increase the value of the property once the fixes are made after becoming owner

true but they could easily get their own estimates and not accept your cost of repairs…

Back
Top Bottom