Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Hell no man, I wish I had an hoa at my house. :lol:

I got one at my lot I haven’t built on but all it does it maintain the roads because it’s off in the boonies and if you didn’t pool your money together we’d all have to own tractors to push off the snow.

Yea what I look like shoveling snow at 5am in the morning. There are many places thst do it for very cheap if you can find the right arrangement for your community . All the houses in the cul-de-sac I grew up on got together and just paid the city to shovel our driveways

Summer has been brutal in CO too. Backyard was riddled with dormant patches and pet spots. I was still cutting the grass to about 2-3 inches almost weekly. Neighbor gave me a tip to water as much as possible and let the grass grow out for a month then cut to 4 inches. Took his advice and the backyard looks so much better. Extra grass length protects the root and soil from drying out as fast from sun exposure. Still have one patch that completely died so going to try some EZ seed repair as the temp cools down.

Doing my research for next year. Lawn care does seem addicting.

Interesting. I live in CO too and maintaining a lawn here blows. Every year I put money into the sprinklers and every year they still suck

3eb6cbbfeb9803aa15ac2baf9978ded0.jpg

It is coming up on that time when for the next couple of the months your lawn will look marvelous. Lush and green before the cold hits it. It is almost that time to start seeding as well.

Anyone mow in different patterns? I usually go diagonal in one direction one week and then the next week the opposite. I still need to get my lawn fuller so that I can use my DIY roller to get lawn stripes.

#washed

It is coming up on that time when for the next couple of the months your lawn will look marvelous. Lush and green before the cold hits it. It is almost that time to start seeding as well.

Anyone mow in different patterns? I usually go diagonal in one direction one week and then the next week the opposite. I still need to get my lawn fuller so that I can use my DIY roller to get lawn stripes.

#washed
I rotate through diagonal, horizontal, and vertical.
Bought my first house almost exactly a year ago and I've definitely learned alot about lawn care this year by trial and error :lol: Cut the grass too short just one time in mid july and so much of it got burnt out, and then crab grass came and took over alot of the yard. Its funny because before I bought the house I was actually hoping the lawn would just burn out so I didnt have to do much. Now of course that I actually live here I do care about how it looks. Trying to find the right balance of putting in enough effort to make it look good, but not spending my whole weekend working on the yard

Looks like I got a convo started here :lol:

Little update, found out the seller’s son, who also lives in the area, has been doing the lawn/landscaping for her house along with a few of the neighbors. Gonna try to figure out what he’d charge and decide from there. It looks like he does a great job.

mowers.jpg

My godparents have about 52 acres so I help when I can. This is what I zip around on. So much fun to drive.

Lawn care is like golf. You will never master it, you want to give up half the time but yet you never can because one time it all works out you want to keep coming back for more. Its ridiculous.

Those wheels are crazy! My dad has a zero turn as well, but its yellow and some industrial brand. What used to take 3 hours to mow 2 acres, he can knock out in like half the time

I had to pay ~10k to get my old tenant to leave. That wasn’t including the back rent and damages he left.

Are homes being bought up by LLCs in other parts of the country too? I haven’t been able to win a bid in 6 years here in L.A. after close it’s always the same song and dance. Demo and redundant white black redesign by the same group of guys.

An LLC bought my mother in law's house for 20K above asking price in cash in a suburb on Dallas a last month.

For liability reasons Flippers buy homes under an LLC. It's common practice. Some even use the LLC one time for each property flipped (ie 123 Main LLC or 456 Houston).

Common advice is to never use your personal name.

I was reading up on this and it seems its harder to get the loan under an llc than under your name. Some seem to think an insurance policy would offer enough liability protection, others say it may be difficult to get the policy paid out if something were to happen. It was all pretty confusing and I couldnt find any solid resolution. Got any input?

This is crazy! Remember that condo I got outbid on by like 15k the deal fell through and they called me to accept my offer... this was the house with the garage that I wanted more....But I told the other realtor I got another house already... I felt bad man...but you guys were right I have to commit and that's what I did....I already sent my downpayment this morning...oh well that seller shoulda accepted my offer to begin with

Been there too. I really wanted a condo, but the guy went with another. Two times after that they hit me up again but I had moved on.
i really did love that pad too. Put I emded up with a house.

Been there too. I really wanted a condo, but the guy went with another. Two times after that they hit me up again but I had moved on.
i really did love that pad too. Put I emded up with a house.
You ended up buying in Palmdale correct.? I remember you asking...

How's it going.?

You ended up buying in Palmdale correct.? I remember you asking...

How's it going.?

yea I did. So far it’s cool man. Hot as hell though. But just having a bigspace is dope. Justain’t much to do here. Value of it has gone up crazy these last few months.

This is crazy! Remember that condo I got outbid on by like 15k the deal fell through and they called me to accept my offer... this was the house with the garage that I wanted more....But I told the other realtor I got another house already... I felt bad man...but you guys were right I have to commit and that's what I did....I already sent my downpayment this morning...oh well that seller shoulda accepted my offer to begin with

Had a similar situation when I bought my house… Got into a bidding war with another family, ended up going $25k over asking… They took the other family offer because they were putting more down

Two weeks later, I get a call that the offer fell through and ask if we were still interested… So we started below asking and then they accepted our offer for what they were asking :lol: :lol:

If they would’ve took our offer from the jump, they would’ve got $25k more

Had a call w/ a development exec ... he said industrial and multifamily in the sun belt is hottest product type right now

Back
Top Bottom