Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Has anyone ever looked into refinancing quotes online and the next day your former loan office hits you up to see if you’re interested ? Idk if it’s just coincidence or did they really get an alert that I was shopping quotes?
You’re lucky if it’s just that. One of my homies put his info into one of those things and got like 20 calls the next day.

Making progress with furniture shopping for the new house. So far I've gotten a nice big sectional, a dining set and some kitchen island stools.

Having trouble finding a bed my wife likes. She wants something with a padded headboard

im pretty much done furniture shopping... all i need are two things a dining table and end table... both of which im very picky/indecisive lol...i dont have any furniture for my guest room but i lack closet space so i might use that room to store sneakers in... still have to pick out little things like lamps, bathroom rugs, pots and pans, shower curtains and dinnerware set

Last edited:
im pretty much done furniture shopping... all i need are two things a dining table and end table... both of which im very picky/indecisive lol...i dont have any furniture for my guest room but i lack closet space so i might use that room to store sneakers in... still have to pick out little things like lamps, bathroom rugs, pots and pans, shower curtains and dinnerware set

I'm moving my current bed to one of the upstairs bedrooms. The other one is going to be my office until I finish the basement.

How soon before the first estimated closing date did your mortgage company co.plete the appraisal and confirm the date? Our offer had due diligence period u til 10/15 and estimated closing date at 11/1. I got the full approval for mortgage etc and they ordered the appraisalast week. Yesterday they sent email asking me for more documents (current mortgage/insurance, 401k loan statement since I'm using that $$ for down payment, and a witted letter and supporting docs for a transfer from Coinbase to my bank account in August.

I sent all of that over yesterday. Just wondering when they will usually "confirm" the closing date?

I'm not going to lie to you this whole situation is really frustrating just for me to move in... just waiting for my stuff to get done like the hardwood floors, the paint and getting the kitchen renovated...my furniture is ready to be delivered so I'm good on that...but the paint is getting done next week then my floor should be one day to do... but my kitchen there is a backorder on the one cabinet and the granite counter... on top of that I have to look out for my pops cuz he's having open heart surgery...so I'm trying to get all this stuff done on time but at the same time take care of my pops so too be honest I won't be moving into my place until at least end of November or first week of December

I'm not going to lie to you this whole situation is really frustrating just for me to move in... just waiting for my stuff to get done like the hardwood floors, the paint and getting the kitchen renovated...my furniture is ready to be delivered so I'm good on that...but the paint is getting done next week then my floor should be one day to do... but my kitchen there is a backorder on the one cabinet and the granite counter... on top of that I have to look out for my pops cuz he's having open heart surgery...so I'm trying to get all this stuff done on time but at the same time take care of my pops so too be honest I won't be moving into my place until at least end of November or first week of December
Hoping everything goes well with your old man's surgery. 🙏

How soon before the first estimated closing date did your mortgage company co.plete the appraisal and confirm the date? Our offer had due diligence period u til 10/15 and estimated closing date at 11/1. I got the full approval for mortgage etc and they ordered the appraisalast week. Yesterday they sent email asking me for more documents (current mortgage/insurance, 401k loan statement since I'm using that $$ for down payment, and a witted letter and supporting docs for a transfer from Coinbase to my bank account in August.

I sent all of that over yesterday. Just wondering when they will usually "confirm" the closing date?
are you looking to negotiate the sales price once you get the appraisal ?
assuming youve already had a general inspection of the property.
final closing will be based on you go back to the seller with credit requests.
if not, closing might be set up within a few days of your loan being funded

2021 - 1% of single family homes are owned by institutional investors

2031 - 15% of single family homes are institutional investors

^ based on information from a Core Space info session

Signed the paperwork yesterday on refinancing our house. Had only been in our current loan for 5 years. Did a 20 year this time, as the rate was stupid good.

The house appraised more than what the bank had estimated. Part of me wants to sell and build again, but I'm sure it would be such a pain to do so right now.

Everytime I decide to do a renovation, contractor says 2-3 weeks I always double it. Whatever they say just double the time frame and only pay in 1/3rds as the job is done.

Congrats! We used those temporary paper blinds from Home Depot for the longest. If you go that route use some painter's tape or thumb tacks to help hold them up. The adhesive strips on the blinds are weak and didn't even last a day.

Congrats! We used those temporary paper blinds from Home Depot for the longest. If you go that route use some painter's tape or thumb tacks to help hold them up. The adhesive strips on the blinds are weak and didn't even last a day.

That may be the move for now just to get a little bit of privacy

Zillow some clowns. Took advantage of some dumb people that tried to save a buck and ended up costing themselves thousands.

Back
Top Bottom