Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

I put an offer in Sunday...Monday the seller's agents told my agent they got all offers in hand and we're reviewing them... yesterday they said they still haven't decided. How long does it take to pick a damn offer? :lol:

I put an offer in Sunday...Monday the seller's agents told my agent they got all offers in hand and we're reviewing them... yesterday they said they still haven't decided. How long does it take to pick a damn offer? :lol:
they are prolly still accepting offers

:lol: I wish I had a house to sell during this, i'd just park up in an apartment and use the proceeds toward other investments for an earlier retirement. Gotta make sure i'm ready next time.

I kinda wanna do this, I hate my neighbors. The thing that is keeping me from doing it is that the $ I pay for this mortgage would get me a 1bd 1ba apt in San Bernardino :lol: :smh:

Did my closing yesterday... still doesn't feel real and I feel more relief than happiness... it won't sink in yet until I move in which should be end of November.... but it has been stressful with the closing and now I'm focusing on furniture and more important renovations....I will get the paint and floors done before I move in... then the kitchen will get done which should take time... still finding out now who I'm going with but regardless the backorder is crazy on cabinets right now regardless of who I go to...i will post pics best believe but right now it aint looking right lmao

Last edited:
Just bought a new hot water heater, my brother and his boy installed it for :lol:

On the downside, the valve was broken so I’ve been five days without hot water :smh:

did a final walkthrough yesterday
should be closing this week and have keys by the wknd.

as soon as i get the keys in hand ill be scheduling the plumbing work ( new water heater and removing some abondoned piping and running new spouts )
re-roof on a flat roof portion of an add-on
re-wiring of some outlets, my uncle told me not to upgrade electric panel just yet
then its flooring and paint

plan is to move in by the end of Nov

Has anyone ever looked into refinancing quotes online and the next day your former loan office hits you up to see if you’re interested ? Idk if it’s just coincidence or did they really get an alert that I was shopping quotes?

did a final walkthrough yesterday
should be closing this week and have keys by the wknd.

as soon as i get the keys in hand ill be scheduling the plumbing work ( new water heater and removing some abondoned piping and running new spouts )
re-roof on a flat roof portion of an add-on
re-wiring of some outlets, my uncle told me not to upgrade electric panel just yet
then its flooring and paint

plan is to move in by the end of Nov

My final walk through is this Friday. It should be painless, it's a newly built house. Hopefully we won't find anything that needs fixing.

most are fixed windows, and glass and sliding doors

IMG_8431.jpg
i mean thats honestly not a bad price tbh.
I would do it, it would save on energy costs and just be nice

darkmode gang

Buy some.

Get the 2 inch faux wood or white joints, maybe something automatic and remote controlled shutters if you really trying to ball on'em.

If you want to keep it cheap, you can buy that film you put on the inside that sllows sll the light through but makes it translucent to opaque from the outside but you can still see out from the inside

Husband bought me remote controlled blinds for the kitchen and the windows in our two story living room. Definitely my favorite gift so far. We will see if I get these new countertops I been asking for this Christmas 😏

Husband bought me remote controlled blinds for the kitchen and the windows in our two story living room. Definitely my favorite gift so far. We will see if I get these new countertops I been asking for this Christmas 😏

i mean no shade (at all) but once you’re married isn’t it like ur getting this for yourself? Just curious cuz my parents never talked that way and neither do my wife and I now…since we just share all our accounts etc.

None taken. It’s just the initiative of getting it done. House stuff I should just be able to say what I like or want and he gets it done.

Can someone school me on buying property/land out of state?
From my understanding it's the loan not the location that prevents the transaction. For instance, have a lot to put down? You can qualify for a more trustworthy loan which puts little to no restrictions on the purchase. Less than a traditional down payment will come with "owner-occupied" restrictions which will lead to someone reviewing the distance between work and the purchasing address.

Now on the other end of it, I dont know if theres certain cities, counties, or states that simply disallows it. But a quick phone call to that towns local realtor should be a good route.

Buy some.

Get the 2 inch faux wood or white joints, maybe something automatic and remote controlled shutters if you really trying to ball on'em.

If you want to keep it cheap, you can buy that film you put on the inside that sllows sll the light through but makes it translucent to opaque from the outside but you can still see out from the inside

I've already decided there's probably no way for me to make this cheap. It's probably going to have to be a custom job of sorts. Atleast for the living room and master bedroom

Theres a weird big glass screen right by my bed that let's mad sun in that is going to cause problems. I don't like sun cause I do most of my sleeping during the day when I'm working nights.

You could get it mirror tinted like office buildings and restaurants do, where you can see out fron the inside but from the inside they cant see in, only their reflection.

Back
Top Bottom