Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Just about 15 min from my current house in NC. Just moving to a little bigger house in a way better school district. Next step is getting my current house on the market and sold. Won't stop stressing out until that $$ hits my account :lol:

Where in NC??? :nerd:

Last edited:
Sold my current home in October for $380K, only owed $135K on it.
Put down $175K on a $425K home, closed on it last week.
I'll be renting back my previous home at a cost of $67 a day!

Using the rest of my equity to add an extra 5th room, painting the interior/exterior, installing new lighting/fans, adding new flooring, demo a pony wall, and furnishing all 3 of my kids rooms.

The simultaneous buying and selling process was the most frustrating, stressful process I've ever endured. So glad that part is all over with, but getting this house looking how i want is just as overwhelming lol.

Hey guys, does anyone know if I can temporarily move into an investment property purchased via a 1031 exchange?

I'm closing on a duplex next week and I'm considering a temporary move for my family in order to sell my primary residence.

I hate putting my home on market in onset of winter put I'd already been planning to have this duplex empty for a couple of months in order to get it licensed for an adult family home. I guess it makes sense to move my family there temporarily in order to prep my home for The market.

I sold my duplex to someone who turned into a halfway house/adult living situation. My old neighbors had them out within the year.

survey your neighborhood. Ive seen people get daycares shut down by nosy neighbors .

love the entrepreneurial spirit in here. I miss flipping and landlording

I wasn’t even planning on buying a house this year, but got a solid deal on this spec house. It’s coming along nicely. Kitchen countertops are finally in. Supposed to move in mid-December but I’m thinking a few days before Xmas.
518F8F4A-C612-47AD-8E35-9EEC3AD213D1.jpeg

D701F5D8-5F82-482D-9AE4-9475D9D2C8E6.jpeg

35553DFE-AB54-4B19-B709-417914D1A9B4.jpeg

A1267776-5E2E-4496-ABAD-C1E0B1EFE54A.jpeg

715F12D5-54C4-472F-B23A-AA08F35CD283.jpeg

9AC7D776-0A74-40E4-AF12-3EED4F227D81.jpeg

8A3671EC-B515-45E4-94D6-7BD2AFC58F8D.jpeg

84B557FC-5C57-4E11-9CEA-11AFC5992323.jpeg

0DFDF4A5-BE11-4CD4-A610-DFF26666FEE2.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m able to refinance my home loan for 2.99% saving over $200 a month on my mortgage. They’re asking for $900 for an appraisal fee. Is that a normal rate? Seems kinda high. I’m using Loan Depot, same as my original loan.

I’m able to refinance my home loan for 2.99% saving over $200 a month on my mortgage. They’re asking for $900 for an appraisal fee. Is that a normal rate? Seems kinda high. I’m using Loan Depot, same as my original loan.
Depends what city/state and how busy things are. If you're in Ohio or something, that's crazy high. If you're in California/NYC etc., that's more reasonable, but still on the higher end.

I think my new address is off the grid. Ive noticed people having trouble finding it including delivery services. How do I fix this? :lol:

^Just have to wait it out. It was about a month after we picked up our mailbox keys when our address started showing up on map apps and address books for deliveries. Google still shows a plot of dirt but we’re here :lol:

I think my new address is off the grid. Ive noticed people having trouble finding it including delivery services. How do I fix this? :lol:
Is the address updated with your city, county, and state GIS and tax assessor property maps?
could be a while since you mentioned it was a new build

this one condo I almost bought the numbers weren't in order for the homes.. I had trouble locating it with me and my realtor and the directions were off too on gps... I can only imagine trying to order delivery lmao

You can add a new address onto Google maps. I had to do that for my spot since it was a new development. Just Google it and it will show you a bunch of ways to do it on an iPhone or Android.

What was your rate before?

Should be $500-600.

Thinking of refinancing again to take some cash. But I don’t know if I’ll get less than 2.25 lol

Back
Top Bottom