Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

The cottage definitely has character. I don't like the size of the bedrooms though. It looks like the upper level bathroom and bedroom may be in a dormer? If you're going to spend the renovation money it seems like the better bet maybe to have the additional sq footage in the second home.

If in laws will be coming around you definitely want more SQ footage not less, potentially bigger bedrooms as well.

Edit: my mistake it looks like inlaws will still have their own apartment. If that isn't an issue go crazy!

Probably cheaper to maintain then.

Every time I see a pool in NY it reminds me of when I worked with my pops delivery company as a kid and during a delivery in the winter one of his guys walked over a covered pool carrying an armchair because he didn't recognize it. The image of him waddling, holding a big *** armchair and the lady on the phone with her husband talking and laughing in French always has me dying.

That happened to my daughter in the winter. It was covered in snow and she nearly died.

I have no beef with pools. I just would rather not deal with it unless I could really use it.
Damn, i'm glad she made it. In dudes case though it wasn't covered and clearly a pool with a tarp, I think because it was a bit frozen it saved him with only he shoe getting wet before he could get off.

That happened to my daughter in the winter. It was covered in snow and she nearly died.

I have no beef with pools. I just would rather not deal with it unless I could really use it.
Hate to hear that about your kid fam.

I don't care how rich I get as long as I live in Wisconsin I'm never getting a pool.

On the camera front, I have the Ring and I wouldn’t recommend it. It needs the subscription and it’s finicky (doesn’t capture all motion) and limited in recording only to that 10 second period. A few of my friends have the Lorex system and are happy with it. One has the eufy and doesn’t complain.

Damn, mplsdunk mplsdunk , that must have been scary AF. Glad to hear all is well now.

I’ve been wanting an indoor pool situation for a while now, just doesn’t seem like it’s worth moving for right now. Daily swims within walk-info distance sound dope. And most of the peeps I know who swim often are aging pretty well. Not sure if it’s related but definitely a pattern. But that may just be me dreaming lol. I’ve been exploring a home sauna for a minute too. That seems more realistic right now.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford I’d go for the larger spot if you can swing it, especially with the in-laws staying.

Yeah it was stressful af but it could have been much worse. The fact that she had no permanent damage is all that mattered in the end.

For a cam I ended up with the eufy s40. I should have it mounted up this weekend. I’ll let you guys know if it’s decent.

Buyers came back with their inspection objection... they want $15k in concessions back, PLUS a new roof, PLUS a laundry list of other **** to fix. I knew they were going to be drama

How bad is the roof?

Asking because I’m due for a new one on my house (going on 20 years in PNW with lots of rain). Couldn’t imagine Being a seller and having to deal with that on top of other things before a buyer would close.

Lol WHAT

That’s absurd - how long was it on the market?

Listed on a Thursday, under contract on Monday.

How bad is the roof?

Asking because I’m due for a new one on my house (going on 20 years in PNW with lots of rain). Couldn’t imagine Being a seller and having to deal with that on top of other things before a buyer would close.

Their inspection said "excessive loss of granules" and included the blurriest photo I've ever seen, where you can't even tell if the granules are missing or not. The roof is 10 years old, so might see if Homeowner's Insurance will cover it.

Back
Top Bottom