Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

$400+ for hoa made me lowkey heated for y’all lol but $1100??? Wtf? That’s more than people’s rents lol

Since condos here are mostly 700k-2 mill range, people opt for cheaper co-ops with HOA fees instead.

1 bedroom HOA fee on avg is $800 but in a new building will cost you 400k+
2 bedroom HOA fee on avg is $1100 but in a new building will cost you 500k+

The Co-Ops stay rising in value in certain neighborhoods too, so people dont mind.

Last edited:
u2nqna9bn6la1.jpg

My man sent me that Airbnb post the other day

In similar news, Adam Neumann is worth more than WeWorks market cap 😂

Tell em' you had property surveyor come by and the fence is on his side, that his lemon tree is over property lines and into your yard, and you're going to do him a solid and not charge him as thanks for doing the fence. :evil::lol:

Price seems about right though, can ask him for receipts if you doubt
:lol:
he hit me up the next day
sending me this
1677692050210.png

The funny part is, I never asked for a fence and I actually have many of the materials needed to build a fence in my scrap yard
Dude made a fence to his liking and want me to go halfsies with no say :lol:

sending me this
1677692050210.png

The funny part is, I never asked for a fence and I actually have many of the materials needed to build a fence in my scrap yard
Shoulda manned up and told him how you felt from the giddy up. If you saying you weren't consulted until the job was finished, then that's on him and he just gotta eat it.

How do I get out of paying HOA fees

also, my neighborhood does nothing with the HOA fees that I see... Im paying $100/month smh

I pay $500 a month lol but we got 10 pools, dog parks, water park, a skate park, tennis courts, b-ball courts, clubhouses, landscaping, all exterior covered, some schools, library, roads etc. It’s worth it if they go all out + if you have kids that can use all this stuff.

$1100 is wild as hell. My last place was going to raise HOA's over $600 this month so I got out of there but reality is around my way its tough to find a decent condo/townhome with HOA under $500.

sending me this
1677692050210.png

high winds just knocked down my backyard fence. having 43 feet worth of fence for 2k... In Cali (premium rates for everything), so that pricing seems a bit steep. He put cost of labor for him and his kid at 1k though :lol:. I'd be down to pay for half of supplies, but labor was up to him WANTING to do the job

My HOA is 260... It was 225 back in 2021 then went up to 250 in 2022 and now 260... Not a good trend that it's going up every year smh...we got a pool, clubhouse, tennis court, garbage pickup and leaf and snow removal... The roads though are terrible they need to fix it..

Back
Top Bottom