Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Paid 53k with all the fees 2 years ago. Def buying more land once I pay this off with the intention to flip on retirement down the line. No tenants to deal with.

A0747E24-A368-44AE-BC7B-3C31FEF3DB64.jpeg

got a quote to remodel my fireplace that looks very old... that thing is going to be like 4g's at the least and at most 6g's... ya that project going to have to wait lol... Im a just spend money on a new washer and dryer and getting drapes put up...

Question for all — how did you feel when you were considering buying your first secondary home or first investment property, even if you knew you could easily afford it and were in great shape financially?

I had to rush the process because I didn’t want the bank to see I didn’t work in the winters so I had to hurry up and buy.

Felt relieved once it was all done and I got laid off the week later. Dealing with the bank stressed me out. I can easily afford it off 6 months income but I didn’t want my situation to scare off the bank.

it feels good doing things on your own instead of paying people... right now I got someone to replace all my switches and outlets and some of the switches were dimmers... the handyman that I hired didnt know how to do a three way switch, forgot about an outlet to replace and had my dimmer upside down... so I had to hire an official electrician to finish up the job...the guy did everything I asked but couldnt put a dimmer on a recesss light.. he said the recess light was damaged or couldnt have a dimmer... but he ripped open my recesss light and cut up my popcorn ceiling...so he said he was going to come back and fix it but that was all cap... I was annoyed by it and jus bought caulk myself at lowes and fixed it myself and it came out great!

it feels good doing things on your own instead of paying people... right now I got someone to replace all my switches and outlets and some of the switches were dimmers... the handyman that I hired didnt know how to do a three way switch, forgot about an outlet to replace and had my dimmer upside down... so I had to hire an official electrician to finish up the job...the guy did everything I asked but couldnt put a dimmer on a recesss light.. he said the recess light was damaged or couldnt have a dimmer... but he ripped open my recesss light and cut up my popcorn ceiling...so he said he was going to come back and fix it but that was all cap... I was annoyed by it and jus bought caulk myself at lowes and fixed it myself and it came out great!
I do my switches and outlets myself. Pretty easy stuff. Just kill the power on the breaker and match red, black and ground cables to the same orientation as the previous outlet or switch. My pops showed me how to change 1 outlet as a youth and I never forgot. Still need to do the GFCI outlets and dimmer but that’s more so that I’m looking for something in a specific finish that I can’t find. Outlets, toilets, sinks, etc… only repairs I won’t do is A/C and heat or appliances that crap out like the washer machine/dryer. Installed the ring doorbell myself as well as the multiple nest thermostats. Wiring is easy, just make sure the power is killed.

I wouldn't mind a video doorbell as well... Just cuz I have no doorbell at my place in general and I already have slomins for a security system so don't want to pay another subscription...

Even in that case, theres no subscription fee. I dont care if the feds have access to my feed I just dont want to have to pay them to do it.

Starting to get serious about buying. Aiming for next May and getting some feelers for what to expect. Saw this house and fell in love. The layout is definitely a bit odd and the interior needs a good amount of renovation, but I think it has a lot of charm and the backyard is great:

Also I don’t know if you guys remember the arrangement I brought up where my girlfriend’s parents wanted to sell their house and put the money towards a house for us so they could have an apartment up here while they snowbird, but something like this seems ideal for that kind of arrangement:

I think I’m just going to get a separate light and put a camera up. None of the combos look good.

Starting to get serious about buying. Aiming for next May and getting some feelers for what to expect. Saw this house and fell in love. The layout is definitely a bit odd and the interior needs a good amount of renovation, but I think it has a lot of charm and the backyard is great:

Also I don’t know if you guys remember the arrangement I brought up where my girlfriend’s parents wanted to sell their house and put the money towards a house for us so they could have an apartment up here while they snowbird, but something like this seems ideal for that kind of arrangement:
bedrooms are a little small for that 1st one, but that's a nice huge lot. Built in 1927, would make sure get a good home inspection for the pipes/roof

Back
Top Bottom