Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Yeah I forgot about the design websites even though I posted about one a few pages back lol. The website I posted doesn't have much for landscaping so I'll definitely check out that website.

Buying stuff for the house is addicting but I'm making sure that we're still saving up for unexpected issues because I know its inevitable.

Can someone school me on solar PPA's? There are 2 houses that I'm interested in but both have a Solar PPA tied to them. I've been reading that they're something to avoid, if possible.

I was able to get one of the contracts but don't quite fully understand it:
Approximate system size: 2.650 (which is estimated to deliver approximately 3515 kilowatt hours during the first year of the term). The first month of the term is estimated to be $.07935/kWh.

i don't see any additional info about price increases annually or what I will be taking over. I've also sent an email to the solar company to see what the buy out option would cost but haven't heard back yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

Can someone school me on solar PPA's? There are 2 houses that I'm interested in but both have a Solar PPA tied to them. I've been reading that they're something to avoid, if possible.

I was able to get one of the contracts but don't quite fully understand it:
Approximate system size: 2.650 (which is estimated to deliver approximately 3515 kilowatt hours during the first year of the term). The first month of the term is estimated to be $.07935/kWh.

i don't see any additional info about price increases annually or what I will be taking over. I've also sent an email to the solar company to see what the buy out option would cost but haven't heard back yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

Basically solar company calculates what your electrical output is, gives you a lower monthly payment than what you were paying before and LOANs you their solar equipment. Electrical should be a flat monthly payment

Basically solar company calculates what your electrical output is, gives you a lower monthly payment than what you were paying before and LOANs you their solar equipment. Electrical should be a flat monthly payment
It doesn't sound to bad in theory but I don't want to sign up for something for 20 years and now know the ins and out of the owners contract. These 2 houses in particular both have a PPA and both have been on the market now and I'm guessing because no one wants to agree to the contract.
im not sure how much the escalator increase is annually but curious about that.

Thinking about buying a house in Vegas? Anyone out that way currently live in Cali and debating on the move to Vegas

Thinking about buying a house in Vegas? Anyone out that way currently live in Cali and debating on the move to Vegas
i was considering it
and a friend of mine was also
we decided against it
more cons living out there
than i could find pros

Download homedesign3D i basically mapped out my entire new build with it and the house is coming out practically as I designed it

I'm sure this question was answered already but did you have the new crib built due to cost, customization aspect, or both? I'm in the market in the NY/NJ area and if the cost of a custom build is similar to a new house I might be interested in a custom.

We finished (sans planting) our front yard project last week ahead of the 4th which allowed us to actually relax and BBQ.

Done 1.jpg Done 2.jpg

What did yall use to fill in that are with the "brown stuff?"

Was thinking about the move to Arizona. Might have a regional spot out there. Any of y’all live there?

I'm sure this question was answered already but did you have the new crib built due to cost, customization aspect, or both? I'm in the market in the NY/NJ area and if the cost of a custom build is similar to a new house I might be interested in a custom.

I had it built because knowing myself I was gonna blow the same or more if I bought a used house and started renovating it....when I signed the contract tho, it was before Covid and then Covid happened and hiked the cost of living in the Hudson Valley, so while I signed at a little over 500k, it seems the house might appraised over 600k...we shall see in a week or so..

Not headed, already in a recession. The housing market continues to have limited supply and very strong demand from buyers, hence why prices aren't falling significantly

So the recession won't effect the house market at all? I always thought it would, since many people who will lose their jobs wont be able to pay their mortgage etc.

Interest rates being at an all-time low is basically bringing out anybody who didn’t get their income messed up by COVID and there isn’t enough supply. Multiple offers and over-list price on basically everything.
FACTS. I'm seeing houses that would've sold for 350K last year sell for 400+ It's nasty out here for buyers.

Found a house we love in Marion, IL... 3 bed 2.5 baths, connected garage, all brick, dual sided fireplace, small yard. House last sold for 200k but I can get it for 155, maybe 150. Only downside are the property taxes are almost 5k a year! ****ing Illinois! We can probably get it lowered by like a G after a new tax assessment for the current sale price, but damn. Almost makes you want to pay twice as much for a house in Colorado because you eventually end up paying that by the time the house is paid off...

Found a house we love in Marion, IL... 3 bed 2.5 baths, connected garage, all brick, dual sided fireplace, small yard. House last sold for 200k but I can get it for 155, maybe 150. Only downside are the property taxes are almost 5k a year! ****ing Illinois! We can probably get it lowered by like a G after a new tax assessment for the current sale price, but damn. Almost makes you want to pay twice as much for a house in Colorado because you eventually end up paying that by the time the house is paid off...

Thought you lived in CO?

I do but I was wanting to move back to IL to raise my family because the cost of living is so much lower but then they get you on the taxes.

Back
Top Bottom