Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

LoanDepot been blowing me up to refi, maybe do a cashout also since current market price on my home is like 75k more than I owe or I could just sell since I saw my neighbor just got 215k for his and mine is nicer and bigger and have a 3rd car garage and bigger lot.

No such thing as cheap remodeling/renovating even if you do the work yourself. I'm learning the hard way after a little over a year of homeownership now

Try Home Depot. Had blinds installed on 20 windows for under 2k. Price varies depending on brand and material used. We went with basic, faux wood white blinds with the intent to upgrade later down the line. Signed up for their credit card and its no interest for the first 24 months. They measured, delivered, and installed. And replaced a crooked blind.

yup. I have weird sizes too. There’s an option to put your window measurements and they’ll custom build it for you.

I think what I chose was probably just expensive. I got these light filtering roll up things and complete darkening ones in my bedroom. It's whatever, I heard upgrades like that ends up increasing the worth of the home. Can't cancel now, they probably already making it

I think what I chose was probably just expensive. I got these light filtering roll up things and complete darkening ones in my bedroom. It's whatever, I heard upgrades like that ends up increasing the worth of the home. Can't cancel now, they probably already making it

Yup there's definitely a difference in quality but it's all good. I hope you enjoy restful sleep with your dark rooms lol

I'm going to do blinds last at my condo... I do need one for my sliding door so might get just that for now...I rather spend my money on light fixtures for now...want a chandelier for my dining room and some nice flush ceiling light for my front door and hallway

Closing on a second home in South Lake Tahoe Next week, just need to sign all the papers. Going to be mainly used as a second home unless the county eases up on the short term rental rules.

i see a lot of airbnb tho in south lake tahoe.

i see a lot of airbnb tho in south lake tahoe.

South Lake Tahoe has a block on any new short term rentals, permits are capped at 900 right now. Since I'm still working remote, we plan to be spending a lot of time up there, so right now it's just going to be a second home for the family.

Gonna be the starting the house process after the new year and I’m already stressed out. The houses in area have doubled like a lot of places. Some good ones been popping up and I hope that once I have my pre approval letter something I like pops up. I have a tight time frame cause my lease is up in April and I do not plan on renewing. Send all the good vibes that I find a good house when the time comes 😊😩

Gonna be the starting the house process after the new year and I’m already stressed out. The houses in area have doubled like a lot of places. Some good ones been popping up and I hope that once I have my pre approval letter something I like pops up. I have a tight time frame cause my lease is up in April and I do not plan on renewing. Send all the good vibes that I find a good house when the time comes 😊😩
:emoji_fire:
all this on top of the new baby, grrrlllll

Don’t go buying in Kingston!

Back
Top Bottom