Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Concrete will be easier to take care of than what we have now.

Salt & pepper rock. Dogs hate it. Kick it everywhere. Backyard furniture sinks in. Meh
Pavers imo are better, stamped concrete not bad either.
The reason why i don't like concrete is that you pay for something that inherently will start cracking and it makes me feel like i got ripped off :lol:

Pavers imo are better, stamped concrete not bad either.
The reason why i don't like concrete is that you pay for something that inherently will start cracking and it makes me feel like i got ripped off :lol:
That’s ultimately what it came down to for us. Our driveway is showing cracks after only 2 years.

Just make sure to shop around and be patient. We were quoted a little over 20k for the same patio job for poured concrete earlier this year. I thought that was ridiculous. The more affordable paver quote is from a company that did the pavers for the outdoor shopping center near us so that gives me a bit more reassurance.

My neighbors have had concrete from these same guys for 2 years and it’s holding up fine so far.

the guys doing it work for a good company and are doing this as a side gig under the table. They said if anything goes wrong they’ll come back out and take care of us.

We had concrete pavers in areas of the rock but the dogs just jump from paver to paver. Refusing to walk on the rocks.

C525FCC7-A8A1-456F-9A38-641646942CCA.jpeg

8F422116-4ED7-4EEC-9A59-4CDC87133A2F.jpeg

Well damn

Overpriced home and low rate
Or (eventually) underpriced home and high rate- that you can refi (eventually lol)

Feeling pretty fortunate. I purchased in Nov of 2021.

1mil purchase price
20% down
800k loan at 3%
$3500 monthly

Low interest rates allowed me to purchase a bigger, newer home in a more afluent neighborhood. They let the rif raf in 😂😂 with interest rates today, only rich-rich people buying in my “hood” now

Feeling pretty fortunate. I purchased in Nov of 2021.

1mil purchase price
20% down
800k loan at 3%
$3500 monthly

Low interest rates allowed me to purchase a bigger, newer home in a more afluent neighborhood. They let the rif raf in 😂😂 with interest rates today, only rich-rich people buying in my “hood” now

Where is this and can I borrow a few buckaroos?

Got two quotes for a concrete paver patio and walkway (700ish sqft total). One was 26k and the other 15k. What type of questions should I be asking? I know the 15k includes pricing for an in-state manufacturer with a lifetime warranty. The 26k is for their base level pavers so I’m not seeing where the extra 11k is coming from.
Where are u located? My brother does paver work and from my limited knowledge 26k seems like a lot

Are prices dropping? Everything seems to be staying the same here in Florida. Less people moving due to interest rates seems to have kept inventory down which has kept prices the same.
Same thing I noticed. Sellers are resisting the price drops hard. Some are just sitting on their properties right now.

Same thing I noticed. Sellers are resisting the price drops hard. Some are just sitting on their properties right now.
The market usually slows up in the fall- winter anyway. I've seen quite a few price drops around my way, but if I could afford to hold onto a property I'd probably wait until March or April to sell.

concrete poured today.

How long realistically until we can walk on it?

I’m reading 24-48 hours some places and some others saying 4-5 days.

It’s backyard so nothing too heavy. We plan on keeping the dogs off of it til Sunday probably but would be nice to walk on it out back and not damage it

Yeah I mean I’d wait a few days just to be safe. Then maybe a month before you put any heavy stuff on it.

This isn’t data.

Are sales prices dropping or are people just hoping they will? Read an article the other day saying houses are taking longer to sell, but there has not been anything significant as far as price drops. I think we all got pretty used to this insane market where everything was getting snatched up in days and prices were increasing 30% year over year and now that it has slowed down, we are confusing it with a crash. That, coupled with a generation of 30-40 year olds who were too young to cash in on the crash from 2008-2010 and now have FOMO, there is so much conflicting info out there based on who is rooting for what or what someone is trying to sell.

IMO - we do see a dip, but not the 20-30% that some are throwing around, less than 10%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom