Homeless man gets 15 years for stealing $100

15 years?!!! For a 100$ bill?that's just crazy...the recession is really serious I guess...they refuse to see people try to get money illegally,and theyare gonna give as much time as possible now.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by sStutter

That sentence is ridiculous. There are so many criminals that have done worse things that don't get time at all.
indifferent.gif
Yeah but if you go by the books he robbed a bank, which I think is a federal offense. If he knew the law he wouldn't have turned himself in.

i dunno if you can really go by the book as he refused more money not for other benefits but his standing situation. he also gave himself up the next day. ifhe really said his mother didn't raise him that way I'd be so proud of him haha
frown.gif

15 years?!!! For a 100$ bill?that's just crazy...the recession is really serious I guess...they refuse to see people try to get money illegally,and theyare gonna give as much time as possible now.

Thats #%#$ messed up. This man returned a stack and took ONE bill and STILL felt guilty. For that he gets 15 years in the can?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by sStutter

That sentence is ridiculous. There are so many criminals that have done worse things that don't get time at all.
indifferent.gif

This dude was on the news here in Atlanta that was under the influence and killed some kid b/c he was driving drunk. he got 8 years for that %#$%... thenreleased only after doing 4 years.

Wow, the punishment does not fit the crime. How is 15 years in jail supposed to make him a contributing part society?

k well he didnt deserve 15 years, but his hand in his jacket makes it seem like he has a gun so it is a fairly big deal could be construed as armed robbery. 15years is harsh, but we dont know if dude had a criminal record before. it does suck america failed him and its dire straights out there, and he seems to be agood guy since he returned it all, but people talk like hes totally innocent. a smaller jail sentance is in order, but he did deserve a jail sentance

He will have a place to stay.....something to do and something to eat...........He will be taken care of for the next 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom