Homemade Engagement Ring.

simp
jk boss 
pimp.gif

Damn he killed it.

Better believe he didn't save any money doing it that way though
laugh.gif
... Time and effort and all that equipment holyyyy.

Well done though.
pimp.gif

My mistake I thought this was about this guy 
original.jpg

[h1]
[h1]This guy hand-forged his own wedding ring. OUT OF A METEORITE.[/h1]
That's it. Game over. You will never have a wedding ring cooler than that of redditor laporkenstein. Not only did he fashion the band himself, in the formidable fires of... well... his garage — he forged the damn thing out of a chunk of meteorite. (A Gibeon meteorite, to be exact.) Laporkenstein... you, sir, are a DIY luminary.

All told, laporkenstein says it took him about four days to craft the ring, using "the same techniques employed to make samurai swords" (by which, we assume, he means the layered metalworking techniques similar to those used in the production of Damascus steel). We've picked out a few examples from his series of over 40 pictures documenting the forging process, but you'll definitely want to check out the entire album over on imgur.
[/h1]

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

That's pretty awesome!

When I saw the kiln in the preview, I was thinking he made a homemade stone too.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

wasn't worth the time.

still bought the diamond, you can get a ring like that from a jeweler for $200

an engagement ring? For $200? 
laugh.gif

Idk man..... 

how the hell did he know all those intricacies and get all that equip from??

dude must get fiiiiiire dome to put in work like that 

Cuz did the most. loll I feel like the money he spent making it is probably worth more than the ring/ if he just bought one.
But if you wanna got the sentimental route.............priceless
laugh.gif

This dude paid attention in school. 
laugh.gif

That was pretty dope, id be terrified at the end when actually setting the stone and bending the prongs over it. If you mess up that up...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

wasn't worth the time.

still bought the diamond, you can get a ring like that from a jeweler for $200

I don't know if I can agree with that. 
Almost any woman would go crazy over a man spending that much time actually making a ring that means so much to the woman instead of just spending 10min buying one. 

pimp.gif

So the ring was 18k gold? and the prongs silver or palladium?
I too wonder how much it would appraise for. But that is really a dope idea. Any girl would love that regardless, just based off the amount of effort he put into it. I'd like to see more pics of the finished product!

Back
Top Bottom