Honest Opinion On Yellowing?

As we all know yellowing occurs on everything clear on Jordans, whats your honest opinion on this? Do you think it adds character? Is it ugly? I just wanna hear some opinions... 

some shoes it looks worse on than others. fire red 5 and metallic 5 are both ones it can look pretty bad on imo

some shoes it looks worse on than others. fire red 5 and metallic 5 are both ones it can look pretty bad on imo

It depends. I feel like they're different stages of yellowing. I feel like 5's look best when they are a little yellowed. But once they hit that piss yellow stage where the nets are golden brown, nah b.

The yellowing doesn't bother me any more.
When I first started collecting I hated it but as time
Went by I started to like it. Yellow soles and creases
give shoes character IMO.

its gross.....

and posts like this is gonna make JB play around and drop "distressed jordans" that look like they were hanging on a telephone wire

with a limited tag...
mean.gif

I hate the yellowing, I like my shoes (especially the more expensive ones) to look FRESH. Just my 2 cents

Not a problem for me.

Aged Jordan 1s, 5s, 6s, 7s look sick as long as they are well taken care of.

For Jordan IVs I dont like the yellowing when it is in that stage where it just looks dirty. But when they are fully yellowed i dont care

I've always wondered what some of the newer 11 retros w/ the icy light blue soles will look like after plenty of wear... perhaps a more greenish hue, I'm guessing..

It does show age and character to make your shoe unique, but I hate it. I'm just trying to keep it real. I want my shoes always in top notch condition especially since I don't usually double cop or anything like that. I love wearing my shoes too but I guess that saying adding age and character is the only way to make myself feel comfortable and accept the fact that you can't escape things like the yellowing.

'

I personally don't like yellow soles on the 2013 releases. I prefer the clear sole because the yellowing looks cleaner.
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I hate it, so I just don't buy any sneakers with clear soles. I'm not even one of these people who incessantly clean their shoes after every where, I just don't like how the yellow looks.

yellowing happens in stages, if you stay out of water, which IMO is the biggest cause of premature yellowing your soles will stay "non yellowed" for quite a while.

wear your shoes, enjoy them. if you admire them and dont wear them, they will yellow, crack etc etc.

my 2009 space jams and my last retro concords still havent yellowed. are they icy? no. but they are like a foggy clear. i am going to wear them and enjoy them. and the day that the bottom is just too yellow for my taste, i will sell them and wait for the next retro. if i'm interested. which i prob wont be.

to me "ice" doesn't really add that much to a shoe's look. i'd be happier if they had tanslucent colored soles on some of them or just a white or colored rubber

I don't like yellowing, and the fact that plastic and icy parts turn to piss too soon.

View media item 397266Wore the Fire Red V 2013 Retro a few weeks back, had to walk in the rain and the yellowing has begun to appear faster. Don't like the look of it at all right now. (Peep the gum I stepped in smh)

I don't care.
if they're icy fine, if they get yellow you can be damn sure i'm still wearing them, i'm getting every penny out of the ridiculous $135 spent on them before i put them away.

Back
Top Bottom