Hookah Bars

Has anyone been to one before? Im going to one next weekend for the first time. I have been curious to smoke out of one. How does it compare smoking a cigar ora cigarette and what are some good flavors try?

i went for the first time a week ago
it was a pretty chill place... the only flavor we had that night was mango
pimp.gif

Its OK.

By me its all middle easter people staring at me but i don' care lol, try strawberry

Originally Posted by webnerd06

i went for the first time a week ago

same.
it was mad chill, can't remember what flavor me and my friends had but it was some kind of fruity flavor. haha.
you might get a headache after a while though.

I've been several times. Most have really chill atmospheres. I hate cig smoke but hookah is nice and the flavor is great.

It's starting to become a really big "fad" though and the quality of bars are going down while prices are going up.
tired.gif

But I don't go much anymore in less my friends really want to.

mad chill....
the smoke is much smoother then the kind from cigs, cigars or blacks
pretty dope atmosphere usually

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

It's starting to become a really big "fad" though and the quality of bars are going down while prices are going up.i

whats the price range?
10-20 for the hookah i believe..(and split between like 4-5 ppl isnt bad)

but what I meant was like this one bar i recently went to.
They charged $10 at the door..then a 1 drink minimum..the cheapest drink was like $5.99 (non-alcoholic)
laugh.gif
call me cheap..but its either one or the other.
(charge at the door or drink)

Originally Posted by AJChick23

It's starting to become a really big "fad" though and the quality of bars are going down while prices are going up.
tired.gif
It's been faddish. I've gone to a few, but I can't justify paying 15 for one bowl when you can find a hookah for yourself foras low as 30.

As for the actual smoking, it's cool, tastes good depending on what flavor you get. It's mostly about the social atmosphere.

but what I meant was like this one bar i recently went to.
They charged $10 at the door..then a 1 drink minimum..the cheapest drink was like $5.99 (non-alcoholic) call me cheap..but its either one or the other.
(charge at the door or drink)

i dont think u cheap at all and all of it adds up.. i understand what u mean now

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I've been several times. Most have really chill atmospheres. I hate cig smoke but hookah is nice and the flavor is great.

tired.gif

But I don't go much anymore in less my friends really want to.
It can become a fad for all I care, I got to go to one in Qatar and watch cricket
pimp.gif

My apartment has one and its real cool. Two of my housemates are from the Middle East and they bring over some good flavors.

Great for socializing and just chilling. You can definitely get a buzz.

Its real smooth and don't let anyone tell you its healthier. Overall its still bad because your smoking for a longgg period of time.

Its real smooth and don't let anyone tell you its healthier. Overall its still bad because your smoking for a longgg period of time.

I was wondering if it gives u a buzz too.. I had read that its not healthier either..I dont think i would smoke it on daily im def looking forward to it. If udont mind me asking did u spend alot on ur Hookah that u own?

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

I was wondering if it gives u a buzz too.. I had read that its not healthier either..I dont think i would smoke it on daily im def looking forward to it. If u dont mind me asking did u spend alot on ur Hookah that u own?
Owning your own hookah FTW....I think Im gonna smoke now.
pimp.gif

I like hookah bars. They have some what of reputation as being place where 18 to 20 years olds go before they can go and drink at a real bar. For that reason,I would avoid one that is set up as an alternative to a bar because the experience is less than it can be.

The best time at a hookah bar is had when you have several hours set aside and can relax. Second, you need to go with good friend because muhco f theexperience is about the company that you have with you. Third, go to a hookah bar that is more like a cafe. Go to one that is not just filled with 18-20 years,ideally there should be some Middle Eastern people there. You will know if it more of cafe if it has a variety of cooked food and hot drinks as opposed to justsoda and snacks.

Go there, get a little meal or some fresh hummus and pita, smoke the hookah and maybe sip on some of that thick and delicious Arab/Persian/Turkish/Armenianand/or some mint tea and in between puffs of smoke and sips of your tea and coffee, just relax, have conversation with friends and do some people watching,especially if it is cafe that has table on or near the sidewalk. At Habib's Egyptian cafe in Westwood, I love going there and spending up to six hourshaving light snacks, hot drinks, smoking, being wired, enjoying to the Middle Eastern music and enjoying timewith my friends in a such a chill setting.

In short, enjoy hookah how it is traditionally enjoyed in the Middle East, in a cafe, with friends and while your schedule is cleared as opposed to a bar likeestablishment.

I like hookah bars. They have some what of reputation as being place where 18 to 20 years olds go before they can go and drink at a real bar. For that reason,I would avoid one that is set up as an alternative to a bar because the experience is less than it can be.

The best time at a hookah bar is had when you have several hours set aside and can relax. Second, you need to go with good friend because muhco f theexperience is about the company that you have with you. Third, go to a hookah bar that is more like a cafe. Go to one that is not just filled with 18-20 years,ideally there should be some Middle Eastern people there. You will know if it more of cafe if it has a variety of cooked food and hot drinks as opposed to justsoda and snacks.

Go there, get a little meal or some fresh hummus and pita, smoke the hookah and maybe sip on some of that thick and delicious Arab/Persian/Turkish/Armenianand/or some mint tea and in between puffs of smoke and sips of your tea and coffee, just relax, have conversation with friends and do some people watching,especially if it is cafe that has table on or near the sidewalk. At Habib's Egyptian cafe in Westwood, I love going there and spending up to six hourshaving light snacks, hot drinks, smoking, being wired, enjoying to the Middle Eastern music and enjoying timewith my friends in a such a chill setting.

In short, enjoy hookah how it is traditionally enjoyed in the Middle East, in a cafe, with friends and while your schedule is cleared as opposed to a bar likeestablishment.

Back
Top Bottom