Hopkins

he straight worked pavlik....like this is MY fight, you just happen to be here.... i really want to see him and roy one more time

Just got through watching the fight, its hard not to hear about who won a fight, I been having to duck some people, shut some people up in the middle ofconversation, avoid some places physically and not read nadaone forum or website today so I didn't catch a glimpse of "Hopkins punishes Pavlik"

Don't even know where to start, so much I can say about the fight but here is what I got...

I be one to admit I had Pavlik handing it to Hopkins matter of fact I was looking for so I thought a "sucka" to bet a stack against
ohwell.gif
soooooooooo glad I didn't so so so so so very glad I didn't!

WOW... Hopkins painted a masterpiece and even as I'm watching him through 6 completely dominate, I'm stillthinking he will tired down and things will turn around BUT NOPE... Hopkins kept bringing it. Laugh if you want but Shht moved and inspired me... I love thestare down of the media at the end. Who knows what happens to Pavlik besides him and his trainer, maybe it was the weight, maybe he was "not him"that night (an "off night"), maybe he was too confident, maybe his celeb status in Ohio got to him, maybe the pressure to really look good or knockthe guy out was too much... who knows. Sad that his cutman even tells him going into the 12th "Your just losing a fight not your belts", way tomotivate him OR maybe they just wanted a paycheck (3 million guarantee).

My respect for Hopkins is a new one... before I thought this is a guy who should have stopped boxing and gone out on top (after beating De La Hoya) &promising to his mother he would retire, also a guy who uses lots of "experienced" boxing skills and tactics (including dirty moves and head butts)to stay in fight and win them... but not against Pavlik dude just straight up outbox him, outclassed him, faster, out punched him, everything! Much Respect. Might seem like I'm on it but its probably because you haven't seen the fight OR your just not a boxing fan.

I still think he should retire soon but mainly for his own health and longterm physical capabilities... he should cont. to do his business side of things frompromoting to maybe even working with upcoming boxers (love the tips and respect towards Pavlik in the end of the fight after the scuffle). Perhaps if Roy winsthat would be the ideal last fight for Hopkins but just based on his character, where is from, come from, and the way he speaks about boxing there seem likethere is no end insight, like he wants to fight forever (at 43, he sure look like he could fight about 10 more times).

Hummm...

Off Subject: I sure would like to see some of the following...
Paul Williams get a chance at Margarito or Pavlik (even though he lost, really that was the fight he should have took) but right now I think Paul got the titleformerly held by Margarito "as most feared boxer in the sport"
Cotto Vs. Mayweather (son need to come back, if he keeps it up (his acts), he will have to come back) or a rematch against Margarito

Also, boxing needs to quit with all these PPV fights that shouldn't even be PPV!!! They need to keep the sport alive, organize all these daaaagg on belts,and even make new fans, maybe go back to having "free" fights on network TV (not the HBOs & Shos) or keep some of these other fights (ex. Roy andCalzaghe) on regular HBO. Also, (damn feel like Larry Merchant) I think its safe to say the days of the boxer that held titles or amazing records (XX-0 XX byKOs) are long gone, seems like now people cant even go 40-0 or hold on a title for more then 3 defense.

Don't like creating new boxing threads in Regional after every fight, sooooo to latch on to this thread did anyone catchShane Mosley and Margarito? WOW!!! I couldn't believe what I was watching but it was GREAT!

21llb4l.jpg
iLL! Crazy!
happy.gif

Also anyone see the local kid, Capital Heights MD Gary Russell Jr. pro debut... WOW X 2!

Oh and for what it's worth, probably don't matter but I wanted to attend Fridays, I really did, I live within 5 minutes but Icouldn't hosting folks over for a game, some Madden, then the fight of the evening. Ohh well, next time.

Back
Top Bottom