Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

Exactly :lol: it's certain matchups Harden gets that are pretty weird that he's successful in, like David Lee from a couple years ago in the post. You could swear Harden was Rudy Gobert the way Lee responded :lol:

Beard still a fat kid at heart. Don't wanna move his feet (even though he can) but he will body up on a big for days :lol:

am I tripping....didn't Beard have some defensive stops, late in game (s), against Dirk last year?

(I can't find any highlights of it. Then again, I know he blocked a Monta shot for game and I can't find tape of that either. )

Kidd is doing work with his rotations.

It seems like we still don't respect Giannis enough, even after all the hype he's been getting, and the big game against us. smh

yep, and even Ariza alone isn't enough. We have to be on high alert in the paint, and in transition, and we have to find a way to funnel shots to Dellevedova or some of these other randos

Should have asked for a rim protector for Christmas.

This :lol: Capela can't be your lone guy, he'll get worn down after awhile. A PlumleeLeonard, Koufos, or Mahimi type guy would do wonders with him

Last edited:
Gordon ripped by Jason ******* Terry twice, and Corey Brewer totally messing up a possession before that. All he had to do was let Capela come down with the ball

Bucks aren't as bad as their record, and regardless, they can compete with us on any night if we come out lacking. We only beat them by 4 in our lone W against them. They already beat us prior to tonight. I think MDA got out-coached for the L tonight.

Bucks aren't as bad as their record, and regardless, they can compete with us on any night if we come out lacking. We only beat them by 4 in our lone W against them. They already beat us prior to tonight. I think MDA got out-coached for the L tonight.

Bucks are def better than their record. They're basically the younger Great Value version of Memphis and Utah. Luckily they're in the East.

Last edited:
seemed like no one protected the paint tonight smfh 

mean.gif

we not protecting the paint as long as Ryan Anderson is a starter :lol:.

don't want to bash dude, but he's a strong candidate (imo) for a guy that needs to be upgraded to contend. He should get at least the remainder of the regular season to truly evaluate, but I think we need to evaluate closely

I think a healthy Capela is more important to our offense. Beard loves coming downhill with a big who can catch the oop. He also loves to hit his 3 point shooters but we have multiple and we can find a guy who isn't reliant on (but still good at) shooting the 3 that can still stretch the floor. That person would have to be a better defender and on the glass more.

Ryno's been hurt (recently) so I'll give him through the season, but he's been pretty inconsistent. I don't really correlate wins with when he's shot (and made) a high volume of 3s. I'd rather see him play more in the range of 22-25 mins than in the 30s. I respect that he spaces the court, but we can get that done while also having better defense on the court.

Last edited:
Backup C spot def needs to be upgraded. Harrell is undersized for the C spot but does wonders with certain match-ups, and Nene is old and doesn't rebound. Capela really is the lone guy we have for rim protection, and depending on the match-up he gets overwhelmed due to size

oh yea, def gotta upgrade the backup C. I think Trezl should get mins though still....would be be a backup 4 if we found someone?

Back
Top Bottom