Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

We already knew this, but Morey going to Philly and having the same length deal as Doc + hiring Cassell (both who were linked to us) is essentially confirmation that Tilman ran Morey out of town. Morey ended up getting the guys he "wanted."

Won't be surprised if MDA ends up an assistant there and/or they try to get CP3 or Harden (long-shot).

At least we got Silas tho. The coach I wanted

Silas was one of the top 3 I wanted. Gotta get that stench off of us.

Funny thing about that Morey hiring though

What draft history, and what shooters? If that’s Philly’s logic, have fun.

Tillman had to make it a stipulation to say he’s “willing to spend” :lol:

Everything about Silas checks off for me. Great hire and I think he will do a really good job. Plus I’m rooting for everybody that’s black

Minus the willingness to spend (which so far clearly isn’t the case), Silas said everything Rockets fans have been talking about for a long time. Excellent first intro.

Love the Silas hire too, (low key still wanted Casell) I love Silas' pedigree. Working under Carlisle is a big plus to me. I absolutely love Carlisle's coaching style. Hope Silas brings some of his own style, but uses some of Carlisle's too. Still can't believe Tilman ran morey out of town 😔. We need a big IMO though. I've heard rumours of a trade centered around Gordan for Horford which I'd love. Philly needs shooting, and we need a legitimate big. Salaries don't work so others would need to be included, but I'm sure they could get it done if they really want to.

Silas said he wants to play multiple ways so the offense is less predictable. Rockets should try to bring in a rim runner and a stretch big. Harden doesn’t need 5 out at all times like Russ to be effective, he’s actually at his best with a lob threat.

I know it's probably early to be throwing out random trade ideas, but this one struck me when I saw it. I think I'd do it if more pieces were involved, a core of WB, Booker, and Ayton sounds intriguing.
Screenshot_20201107-171303_Chrome.jpg

I know it's probably early to be throwing out random trade ideas, but this one struck me when I saw it. I think I'd do it if more pieces were involved, a core of WB, Booker, and Ayton sounds intriguing.
Screenshot_20201107-171303_Chrome.jpg

I rock with Devin Booker and Ayton and as much as I hate Harden and want to finally move on from him this is a lateral move. We are still stagnant :lol: .

Tillman cheap *** might as well hold onto beard because he will still sell out arenas.

I rock with Devin Booker and Ayton and as much as I hate Harden and want to finally move on from him this is a lateral move. We are still stagnant :lol: .

Tillman cheap *** might as well hold onto beard because he will still sell out arenas.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...westbrook-concerned-direction-houston-rockets

Yeah but the smart move might be to clean house now while value is high as soon as a trade request comes in the value of said player freefalls. ^^^ That article makes it sound like a trade request is coming and I'm not even close to being down for a Harden for Simmons trade... COVID got Tilman bad seems like organization is just falling apart way faster than we were expecting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...westbrook-concerned-direction-houston-rockets

Yeah but the smart move might be to clean house now while value is high as soon as a trade request comes in the value of said player freefalls. ^^^ That article makes it sound like a trade request is coming and I'm not even close to being down for a Harden for Simmons trade... COVID got Tilman bad seems like organization is just falling apart way faster than we were expecting.

Im all for cleaning house asap so this would be good.

Tillman probably regretting buying the team all together had he known this pandemic would come. Shouldnt have been allowed to in the first place.

my favorite trade rumour is still
Screenshot_20201107-060105_Chrome.jpg

Rumor is Booker is unhappy in Phx and wants out, snag Ayton in the process, and hold on to WB.

Edit: Also for what it's worth Harden did play college ball in PHX. Maybe hes got a favorite strip club he wants to be close to. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Being that it’s a mutual thing, I’m ok with that. Westbrook being traded is pretty much the only way we’d truly upgrade this team (along with EG). Sign me up for Westbrook to Chicago for Lavine/Lauri and a filler, or the Hornets for Graham, Rozier and that #3 pick. I think the funniest thing is Westbrook mentioning not liking the offense, when the offense was done to maximize him, plus there’s a new GM and continued coaches going forward, so it wouldn’t be the same in the first place.

Being that it’s a mutual thing, I’m ok with that. Westbrook being traded is pretty much the only way we’d truly upgrade this team (along with EG). Sign me up for Westbrook to Chicago for Lavine/Lauri and a filler, or the Hornets for Graham, Rozier and that #3 pick. I think the funniest thing is Westbrook mentioning not liking the offense, when the offense was done to maximize him, plus there’s a new GM and continued coaches going forward, so it wouldn’t be the same in the first place.

I think WB really wanted out because James wants out (he's probably already quietly asked for a trade) they're just going about it different. My money is on Harden being traded before the end of the season too. Can't believe Tilman has destroyed a contending team within months. Scary to think about what this team will look like in a year. Rockets are so depressing for me to think about right now. I'm gonna be like those Knicks fans wearing bags over my head.
download.jpeg

The price just went up for Harden thanks to the Bucks and Jrue Holliday. That should completely take the Nets out the running if he is going to be traded.

Also, netting two picks for Roco is something I didn’t see coming.

The price just went up for Harden thanks to the Bucks and Jrue Holliday. That should completely take the Nets out the running if he is going to be traded.

Also, netting two picks for Roco is something I didn’t see coming.

you already know 3 and D guys are like gold in the league but im still surprised as well :lol:

Same :lol: so if Nets and other teams thought they would get off a Poo Poo platter to the Rockets for Harden or WB or both, that’s 100% dead now.
Poo poo platter still might be on the table for Russ, but I agree, the Jrue deal and the Bucks significantly upgrading their roster puts immense pressure on the Nets or another contending team that's not quite there yet (Sixers?) to put up a godfather offer.

That RoCo trade was really out the blue - kinda doesn't really signify a rebuilding phase either because you can use those picks with Gordon and hope to get a third star. I think the next trade will be telling because I can't see them actually picking at #16 with both Russ and Harden still on the roster.

Good points. What 3rd star are you thinking though?
Not that I think it puts us over the top, but Love has always been a guy that's mentioned.

Maybe you can luck into a buy low candidate like Oladipo, who loves Russ too. Rumors of him leaving, having no trade value as well. Pacers can get back another hometown guy in Gordon and picks.

Back
Top Bottom