Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Bad loss even with the injuries. Sure, officiating was BS, but that had nothing to do with Rivers and Lou Will combining for like 60 or so. Wish Weber was able to contribute more, cause he played 16min and knowing MDA he may not play 16 minutes the rest of the season. He was pretty good on defense as Rivers really didn’t do anything til he was off of him. That was embarrassing though regardless of the lineup. Another wasted night of Harden’s stats, as they don’t mean much since he doesn’t have a mean look on his face. Would be nice to have Capela, Paul, and Luc back for Christmas, but ehhhhh, idk

We win the last 2 games if Capela played.

Probably win if Harrell was still a Rocket, Harden and Black have zero chemistry on the pick and roll.

At least Ryno had a decent game, on to the next one.

3EF6C302-06A6-4F36-B80F-805384EB1077.png

Think they said the Clippers bench outscored our bench 44-7 at one point. Well, injuries where you have to start your biggest bench producer (EG) will do that :lol:

well...at least the warriors lost tonight

i still think we're the best team in the league with everyone healthy. 1 seed would be nice, but it's more important to get everyone healthy and keep them that way.

well...at least the warriors lost tonight

i still think we're the best team in the league with everyone healthy. 1 seed would be nice, but it's more important to get everyone healthy and keep them that way.

Yea I was paying attention to that game too. Warriors loss, but it further reminds you of how much depth they do have. No Steph and they still have a squad, and a couple of their bench players are guys that could be the 4th or 5th guys on other teams. I just want this team to be fully healthy and ideally still have the #1 seed

IMG_0490.PNG

I Had to post this before it changes.

Capela :lol::pimp:

Knew he'd be a stud, but MVP already?.?:pimp: ranked higher than Westbrook even... even AD whom I'll admit has had a bit of a down year compared to last, IMO boogies been the better player of the twins down in NO, but still :pimp::pimp::pimp:. Early in the season, or not thats a heck of a list to be included on.

I know I said I was done but cyberx does drop bombs like:
Screenshot_20171224-204307.jpg

Thoughts?.? Should be an interesting off-season, seems like we're the teameverone wants to join right now...

He’s a good defender and all, but I don’t see the appeal in him over Capela. Capela just needs to finish stronger sometimes, but ft shooting is huge and I’d rather trust Capela with that than deandre.

Im more curious as to how important Clint leaving (which I don't see happening) is to him, and how big of a pay cut is he willing to take (we all know he's prone to changing his mind at a pin drop)... imagine all the lobs with Clint and DJ in the frontcourt and Harden & CP3 in the backcourt...

He’s a good defender and all, but I don’t see the appeal in him over Capela. Capela just needs to finish stronger sometimes, but ft shooting is huge and I’d rather trust Capela with that than deandre.

Pretty much how I feel. DJ is still a good player, and would still be good here, and it’s a great story to come back to his hometown, but I feel like Capela can still get even better, is 7 years younger, and I trust him shooting FTs (even though of course DJ hit them against us). Ideally, I’d love to have both :lol: another thing, they seem pretty set on going after Lebron, so I’m not sure how the money would even work. Very curious to what happens, cause Harden has his $$$, Paul would need his, and Lebron, Capela or DJ would need theirs. It’s kind of a dilemma really, but I guess a good one to have.

Pretty much how I feel. DJ is still a good player, and would still be good here, and it’s a great story to come back to his hometown, but I feel like Capela can still get even better, is 7 years younger, and I trust him shooting FTs (even though of course DJ hit them against us). Ideally, I’d love to have both :lol: another thing, they seem pretty set on going after Lebron, so I’m not sure how the money would even work. Very curious to what happens, cause Harden has his $$$, Paul would need his, and Lebron, Capela or DJ would need theirs. It’s kind of a dilemma really, but I guess a good one to have.

I'll take this delimna any day (would they all take pay cuts).... so far 4/5 of the top FA (BTW i'd rather chase Boogie, if we chase a big man) class have interest in coming here (supossedly) and if anyone can make salaries work its:

28morey_1_600.jpg

In Morey we trust...

Last edited:
I went into last night’s game thinking that if we won, it would be a game to steal due to injuries, and that was very much on the table. Won’t mention officiating, just things the Rockets themselves should have done. Quite a few missed easy shots even with a lot of offensive boards. And that Ariza 3 meat the end was so mind-numbing. A rushed 3 with that much time left was inexcusable. I wouldn’t have made a fuss if it was EG or Harden, but that was rough.

Other than that, OKC played a good game, with their main guys simply playing above what they normally do. A fully healthy Rockets team isnt losing to them in the playoffs, but the hot takes are interesting to read.

PJ Tucker defense on wings is starting to be a cause of concern.

Don't know if it's the increased minutes or what but lately he's been getting absolutely COOKED.

Kuzma, Brewer, Dekker:smh: and anyone he guarded last night all got theirs.

Disspointing...I thought we were past playing down to our opponents level, or does CP3 make us REALLY that much better.
2 grizz losses (lottery)
1 76er loss (fringe playoff)
1 Raptor loss (playoff)
1 LAL loss (lottery)
1 LAC loss (lottery)
1 Thunder loss (playoff)
Only one or two of those games should have even been questioable. We need to bounce back good, and give Boston a thrashing...

PJ Tucker defense on wings is starting to be a cause of concern.

Don't know if it's the increased minutes or what but lately he's been getting absolutely COOKED.

Kuzma, Brewer, Dekker:smh: and anyone he guarded last night all got theirs.

It's most definitely the minutes. Luc being out affects both PJ and Ariza, it's pretty clear. PJ may have only played 29 last night, but he's been playing 30+ the last 4 games. I'm surprised Harden only played 39, but Ariza continuing his streak of 6 40+ minute games :lol: :sick: we need Luc back about as much as CP3 right now.

Back
Top Bottom