Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

I think they offered him that after the Nurfic deal. Probably weren’t expecting the Lavine deal right after

Aight, finished watching, and love what I'm seeing from Melton. He's been looking like a vet the last 2 games. That type of play is what needs to translate to the NBA season. Even when he's not making shots, he looks seasoned and under control. Edwards has looked good as well, and he'd be beneficial as well, especially for his height and length. Would help if he could step in and be a Thabo type, then eventually grow from there. Deng Adel is more than likely not in the cards for the Rockets past RGV, but I'm impressed that he can hit all his FTs. Qi is still a project but I'm digging his activity on defense and hitting 3s.

Went up 25 mil, in this case that’s not being cheap. Letting Luc go wasneing cheap

That's really about what hes worth IMO at this point in his career, dude is really good. Not an all star, cant create his own shot (yet) not saying he wont improve that (hes improved something every year), but unless we move Ryno... I dont see the Rockets (Daryl)going up to 100 million. Does it have to be 5 years? I could see a counter offer at 4 years 85 million...and maybe the Luc thing was more about his shoulder than we let out, it's pretty dumb he hasn't had surgery to try and repair it...

Nice pick-up. Luc replacement. Not as good of a defender, but younger and more athletic. Also a better shooter than Luc is, and I'm sure he'll get even better looks than he has throughout his career. In theory, should fit our scheme. Brings a lot of grit too. Type of defender that gets up in your grill.

Bzdelik coached him in Memphis so I'm sure that played a role in him coming here.

Nice pick-up. Luc replacement. Not as good of a defender, but younger and more athletic. Also a better shooter than Luc is, and I'm sure he'll get even better looks than he has throughout his career. In theory, should fit our scheme. Brings a lot of grit too. Type of defender that gets up in your grill.

Good look out, I heard they were to make a decision on him by today. I just never got any update on my phone until now. I wonder if were still interested in Nick Young

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...thony-would-fit-with-the-Rockets-13063544.php

Sounds like Rockets want Melo off the bench, we might lose out on him too if that's the case....

Good look out, I heard they were to make a decision on him by today. I just never got any update on my phone until now. I wonder if were still interested in Nick Young

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...thony-would-fit-with-the-Rockets-13063544.php

Sounds like Rockets want Melo off the bench, we might lose out on him too if that's the case....

If Melo isn't willing to come off the bench (if that's what we're asking him of), it's probably better he doesn't come here. That would mean he's not willing to sacrifice his role to win and just wants the numbers and touches. I'm good with that. His ego would be working overtime.

I don't even know why he's tripping. Him coming off the bench is probably the best for his career right now and he's still going to get a ton of minutes.

Anyways, if we add Ennis and Melo and reach a deal with Clint, at worst our floor becomes a lateral move, but our ceiling is higher. Not to mention you still have Ryno available to trade for another wing player.

Let's see what else Morey has in store.

If Melo isn't willing to come off the bench (if that's what we're asking him of), it's probably better he doesn't come here. That would mean he's not willing to sacrifice his role to win and just wants the numbers and touches. I'm good with that. His ego would be working overtime.

I don't even know why he's tripping. Him coming off the bench is probably the best for his career right now and he's still going to get a ton of minutes.

Anyways, if we add Ennis and Melo and reach a deal with Clint, at worst our floor becomes a lateral move, but our ceiling is higher. Not to mention you still have Ryno available to trade for another wing player.

Let's see what else Morey has in store.

Were still a top team, and even if we dont trade Ryno this offseason he becomes alot more tradeable com trade deadline and who's to say there isnt some new disgruntled star demanding a trade at that point. I think ultimately Clint gets his 100 million Morey is just playing hardball, just hope he doesn't offend him enough to just take the QO. It is good that we're making progress with him from 60 to 85 is a pretty big leap. We've got to resign him though he's the perfect fit for our system in a day when big men just dont matter as much.

A younger fresher healthier Luc is perfectly fine and exactly what's needed. Now get Ryno/Nene outta here.

Also so something saying OKC/Nets are trying to make a swap of Melo and Lin, with Melo getting bought out. There's possible picks involved too.

A younger fresher healthier Luc is perfectly fine and exactly what's needed. Now get Ryno/Nene outta here.

Also so something saying OKC/Nets are trying to make a swap of Melo and Lin, with Melo getting bought out. There's possible picks involved too.

Does Melo have a no trade clause still, or was that lost when he went to OKC?

think he lost that once he went to okc

After a quick Google it looks like he still has it (if this article is correct) the article is outdated a bit, but it shows him being on OKC. So I doubt he waves it to go to Brooklyn. Plus wouldn't he stand to make more money, if hes stretched or even bought out, and signs another contract. I doubt Melo wants to leave much money on the table.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/08/players-who-can-veto-trades-in-201718.html

Last edited:
After a quick Google it looks like he still has it (if this article is correct) the article is outdated a bit, but it shows him being on OKC. So I doubt he waves it to go to NJ. Plus wouldn't he stand to make more money, if hes stretched or even bought out, and signs another contract. I doubt Melo wants to leave much money on the table.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/08/players-who-can-veto-trades-in-201718.html
He has a NTC but I think he'd waive it if the Nets would buy him out once they got him.

I just got home and I'm watching the 2nd half of our summer league team on ESPN 2. Melton looks good again. Qi also out here running a fast break euro :lol:

Melton and Qi just ran a flawless pick and roll. Very nice development that Melton is showing some semblance of good decision making and creating as a ball-handler.

Ryno for Batum?
Ryno for Bazemore?

I'd do the Bazemore trade same length as Ryno, but they'd have to sweeten the deal alot with Batum hes still got 3 years left on his deal, IMO his contact is worse than Ryno...

Qi and Hartenstein run the floor really well. It's kinda cool to see how good our summer team league is. Don't even think we have a first round pick but we're bout to be 4-0 :lol:

I'd do the Bazemore trade same length as Ryno, but they'd have to sweeten the deal alot with Batum hes still got 3 years left on his deal, IMO his contact is worse than Ryno...

Batum when engaged is pretty damn good though much better than ariza

Would def prefer Bazemore just due to age and athleticism. Batum may be better, but he has the same movements as Ariza, where he is susceptible to get blown right past for baskets.

Would def prefer Bazemore just due to age and athleticism. Batum may be better, but he has the same movements as Ariza, where he is susceptible to get blown right past for baskets.

Same reason for me too Batum may be pretty good when engaged, who's to say he he doesn't start declining rapidly due to age? Then we're in the same boat as Ryno, just adding another year. Once Ryno has 1 year left on his deal ( really even at at the trade deadline), he'll be pretty easy to move (maybe for something of quality) to teams looking to clear cap space.

Just finished watching last night's SL game and I love seeing Melton, Hartenstein, and Qi stay consistent. Set plays are actually being run and it bodes well for the future. We know Ennis is replacing Luc, but I'm really wanting Melton to seamlessly replace Ariza, and Qi/Hartenstein to take Nene/Ryno's minutes (as in actually playing and not being a liability). Shout out to Deng Adel too. He probably wasn't on anybody's radar coming in but has brought his fair share of contributions. He can hit 3s and FTs. House been back in action as well.

Back
Top Bottom