Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

frustrated.gif

lame. wonder when he got hurt. might've been during practice?

i wanted to go to the game this friday in dc, but ticket prices are sky high this year. still gonna go, but i'm just gonna ***** about having to pay so much lol

Disspointing...I thought we were past playing down to our opponents level, or does CP3 make us REALLY that much better.
2 grizz losses (lottery)
1 76er loss (fringe playoff)
1 Raptor loss (playoff)
1 LAL loss (lottery)
1 LAC loss (lottery)
1 Thunder loss (playoff)
Only one or two of those games should have even been questioable. We need to bounce back good, and give Boston a thrashing...
It's both. Early in the season we were playing down to our opponents, but you do have to consider context. One of the Grizzlies losses I believe Gordon didn't play, the other was one of the worst reffed games of the season, which is saying a lot considering the porous officiating all year. 76ers loss was when they were playing well, and we always lose one to the Raptors like every year. The Lakers loss was bad but Harden did have to play the whole 2H cause of CP3's injury (this was also after he dropped 30 in the 1H to bring us back from down 22). No CP3, Luc, Capela for the LAC game (plus some really shoddy officiating down the stretch) but not really an excuse against an also depleted LAC team. Thunder loss wasn't too bad - no CP3, no Luc, all 3 OKC starters shot >50%, which hasn't happened often, and it was a pretty tight game.

It sounds like I'm making excuses but we've seen what this team is when healthy...that's what we should be judging them on. When you consider that we lost a lot of depth in the trade for CP3, I don't think its unfathomable to say why we've struggled in his absence. Clint is also a huge part of our team, and his absence has a huge impact. He may not be elite yet but he provides elite production on both ends and is a huge part of our offense. And believe it or not, Luc was probably our best defender, and we've dropped drastically in that regard since he's been out.

Capela's out for the next 2, and CP3 may only play in one, and I believe it's a B2B road swing. Not too optimistic. Sucks how we piled up all these injuries during our brutal swing of tightly packed games instead of when we were playing a game every three days a couple weeks ago...

Adams caught him with a elbow on the play he traveled before he dunked it.

No wonder he traveled, he didn't know where he was after Adams hit him :lol:

lame. wonder when he got hurt. might've been during practice?

i wanted to go to the game this friday in dc, but ticket prices are sky high this year. still gonna go, but i'm just gonna ***** about having to pay so much lol

That's how me and my gf were earlier, tickets started skyrocketing as we were trying to figure out which games to hit up, but one of her friends won a raffle and ended up giving us the tickets :lol: (Bucks game)

well i live in dc so i only get to see them once a year.

i am going to houston for a friend's wedding around april 19 so hopefully i'll be able to catch a home playoff game while i'm there.

Love this start so far. They just need to keep it up. The Celtics are still one of the top teams in the league and aren't just gonna wilt away.

Pathetic 3rd quarter and just like I said, the Celtics showed why they are a top team and fought back. Harden probably won't be able to rest in the 4th.

I think Gerald Green is a great add to the Rox. That Boson L kinda sucks, but I think we'll feed off it still. That was some trolling *** basketball (last few mins) if I've ever seen it. :lol: We might need Luc as much as we need Chris. and Clint too. I hate seeing Ryan Anderson on the court without Chris Paul.

they already implemented the harden rule in the offseason with the swing-through... now this. more spotlight on how to officiate harden. but it's always "harden has the refs on his side" though smh

^ that's not even true tho what Bobby Marks says. Bron (1st obvious example I can think of) consistently free arms/arm bars. Refs just don't like having to call so many calls in JH's way. Same old same old imo

to be fair, i've noticed harden do that shove off for quite some time now and always get away with it. terrible loss last night though, but i still think we're the best team in the league when we're healthy. hopefully cp3 plays tonight since i'll be there.

^ that's not even true tho what Bobby Marks says. Bron (1st obvious example I can think of) consistently free arms/arm bars. Refs just don't like having to call so many calls in JH's way. Same old same old imo
that's the point. he's getting the spotlight on him now. i understand he gets a lot of calls, but very rarely does harden not actually earn the call though. he really does get contact, now refs are forcing ways to not "reward" him. it's even more noticeable if you're there at a game and watch it live.

i guess the only point i was making is guys still do that. a lot.

"once you extend your arm, its gonna get called every time".

that's just not true (unless you're JH)

and honestly its like an ego match, which I'm sorry - refs shouldn't be allowed to flex their egos.

Whenever James isint getting calls in his favor he always seems to check out. You can almost always expect and dribble the clock out contested 3. Or for him to sit in a corner without the ball and never move. I know it’s frusturating not getting calls when you get whacked on the arm a lot, but he has to stay locked in. Hopefully they rebound tonight. MDA is gunna have to find someone on the bench thag can give us something this 6-7 man rotation is killing us

Back
Top Bottom