Houston Texans Thread [18/19] - Training Camp, It's Been a Long Time....

If you're anything like me, your Texans season last year ended the minute Deshaun went down and this organization gave a vote of confidence to Tom Savage. I thought watching Brock Osweiler for 16.5 games was bad, but little did I know Tom Savage would nuke us into a miserable season. It wasn't just Tom Savage though, it was the worst line I've seen since the expansion days, assembled by Rick Smith, an owner that cares more about ticket sales than winning, who won't shut his mouth at all, BOB calling some mind-numbing plays at critical times, a washed Brian Cushing, and a miserable special teams unit, capped off by injuries to star players.

And here's where we stand now, stars back healthy, Rick Smith understandably stepping down to take care of his wife, resulting in a new GM in Brian Gaine, who seems like BOB has all the confidence in him. It may be approaching sink or swim time for BOB. There's a lot of talent on this team right now, and if you don't win with all these guys on the field, you have problems. There's a good amount of depth at every position, as offensively, it seems like this team is putting everything they can to help out Deshaun. They've destroyed and rebuilt the the offensive line, revamped the secondary (in which they're STILL making transactions at DB), re-signed Joe Webb (who simply looked better than Weeden a lot of times), put together a group of speedy stretch the field receivers, and did a lot of tinkering with the special teams unit. Some people think this may be just a growth year, but from looking at the schedule, I placed the Texans at 11-5. They have everything they need to go far this season, and should take advantage of every opportunity they get. I'm all in.

DbLoZ77UQAAHhcv.jpg

tumblr_ox5vqeW8AA1qkjio8o1_540.jpg

920x920.jpg

tumblr_p7lojdDYA61vuxhcmo1_500.jpg

2014_NFL_Draft_Contract_Signing_First_Round_New_CBA.jpg

mO-3qk5z_400x400.jpg

920x920.jpg

USATSI_9614983.jpg

nick-martin-of-the-houston-texans-signals-before-the-snap-in-the-picture-id857228140

920x920.jpg

59c87547063f7.image.jpg

r243965_600x400_3-2.jpg

3174012_IMG0426.jpg

usatsi_10290943.jpg

zach-cunningham-of-the-houston-texans-defends-during-the-first-half-picture-id842277010

6_4044252.jpg

920x920.jpg

6a0115709f071f970b017d3bf376d5970c.jpg

usatsi_10034382.jpg

vfqaj9gk4ordzd9dkcha.jpg

mcnair.jpg

@rbk93 finessesosa finessesosa @sole searchin @statis22 daruma daruma @bonafide hustla HTownsOwn84 HTownsOwn84 @Humbled @jewbacca2 @rocketsfan @slimk4 @dline59 @blackxme
:nerd: :nerd:

Yo peep, **** the Texans but when did y'all sign my boy Johnson bademosi? That's what's up.

Dude got torched in the super bowl tho.

Yo peep, **** the Texans but when did y'all sign my boy Johnson bademosi? That's what's up.

Dude got torched in the super bowl tho.

**** whoever your team is too, but this past offseason. Our special teams have been awful for years and they’ve done a good job revamping it. As long as he doesn’t have to start and face a #1 WR he’ll be cool

Luck coming for that ***. I'm 1 of maybe 5 Colts fans on here.

I'm looking forward to seeing deshaun and nuk is deadass top 5.

Y'all put together a nice squad, seeing the jags in playoffs and not feeling some type of way, i have no prob saying ...

Good luck on y'all season as long as you lose to the Colts and Washington.

Johnson is a special teams ace, like you said, if you don't ask too much, the reward will be worthwhile.

Surprised Drummond was cut. Thought he was way more consistent than Corey Moore.

Also kinda disappointed Josh Keyes isn't on the practice squad. Thought he was the #1 standout guy as far as sure-fire practice squad dudes.

So we were ranked 31st in the power rankings lol. These fools have no idea

Specifically the worst o-line, as if 4 of the 5 starters haven't been replaced :lol:

Basically the reason Anderson was cut. Hopefully this translates to the regular season. We haven't have truly dynamic TE play since Owen Daniels. CJF and Griffin get an asterisk for their stats that season cause Brock was a terrible downfield thrower and threw to them out of necessity instead of actual skill and planning.

Damn hamstring. Ellington, Coates, and Smith should make up for it though.

Last edited:
27-20. I guess I must be a huge optimist, cause even when the score was like 6-21 or something like that, I felt like the Texans had a lot left to try to make a comeback. Almost happened, but when you hand the Pats of all teams 7 points immediately (after our defense had got off the field), you're fighting an uphill battle. The defense did it's job for the most part. They got off the field plenty of times and gave the offense ample opportunities to get it together. There were a couple of gaffs by the defense, but I can't keep harp on them much. Well, besides Kevin Johnson, he has been brutal, and it's looking like his option being picked up is a disaster. But outside of that, the defense more than set the offense up with chances, as they got two turnovers and various 3 and outs.

Back to the offense, they mostly looked rusty. Seems like the short leash on the offense during the preseason did them in. The running game was pretty good, and honestly needed to be used more early on. I'm cool with Watson going for the home run plays, but at the time he was doing it, we had good momentum going, and certain throws killed that. I mentioned on twitter how it seemed like the Pats 100% game-planned for us, but it seemed like the Texans were banking on just re-creating last season, but finishing the job. I feel like they went in being over-confident, and it did them in.

The best players on the Texans were Mathieu, Kareem (yes, Kareem), Reader, and Tyler Ervin. Major props to Ervin for looking like a legitimate returner. Seemed decisive in his movements. I won't harp on this loss too much cause I feel like it's one of those anomaly games. If this was game 11 vs a crappy team, I'd have some concern. Feel like the output will be much better vs the Titans, even without Seantrel Henderson :smile:stoneface: what a ****ty injury) and possibly Covington.

Figured they'd promote Chachere from the practice squad, but I'm cool with this. Seems like they wanted to roll with a vet here

Seeing that massive lineman Trent Brown be such a wall like that on Sunday made me envious. I know this line will be better with more time together, but that dude was just such a mammoth and none of the guys here are near that size. Seantrel was the lone guy and he's out for the season.

Back
Top Bottom