Houston Texans Thread [18/19] - Training Camp, It's Been a Long Time....

Well looks like I was wrong about a dogfight, and I'm fine with that :lol: A lot of good football played today in all 3 phases, just sucks about the injuries. Come late in the 3rd, JJoe, Davenport, Lamm, and Scarlett were all injured. Baker being humbled by the defense was nice. He basically imploded for two quarters, then stat padded the second half. The score would have been an even wider margin had it not been for the holding call on Carter's 79 yard return, and a couple other plays. Blue had a long run wiped out by a penalty as well. Colts next week, and though I went in this game thinking both these games would be tough, after Luck threw 52 times for 0 points against a Cody Kessler Jags team, I don't feel the slightest of anything about the Colts. They'll be fighting it out with the Titans for second place and popcorn on the couch.

This was AMAZING :rofl: :rofl: Justin Reid....how in the world did he fall to the 3rd round?? What a pick.

Using tight ends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DtdW4k8V4AA3zDq.jpg

So we get Dylan Cole back then lose Scarlett smh

We do need OL depth, so this callup does make sense

The secondary was absolutely murdered by Ty Hilton. That dude makes me ****ing sick. He's like NFL JJ Barea. Dude got so many yards off of Shareece Wright and Jonathan Joseph it's not even funny. I can't place the entire blame on the defense though, cause the offense had more than enough opportunities to have more points. There were times where the protection was embarrassing, but there were other points where the protection was just as it was needed, but Watson either overthrew the WR (especially a pass to Demaryius Thomas and one to Hopkins), or he held on to the ball too long when he should've either thrown it away, or break for a run. I'm not too bent out of shape about the loss, but it was a missed opportunity, as both the Pats and Steelers loss. Didn't gain any ground, but didn't lose it either. Saturday vs the Jets, then Eagles and Jags to close out the season. They need to focus on winning each of these games while not taking either lightly.

Tex1.PNG

Tex2.PNG

Tex3.PNG

Tex4.PNG

This was also a game where you could see the impact of a speedy WR not being there. Coutee definitely needs to find a way to stay healthy. Sucks that Carter went out as well. Not really sure how the whole concussion protocol thing works when there's Saturday games. Another thing these injuries and shuffling told me was that the Texans have more trust in Joe Webb as a WR than Sammie Coates :lol: I'm a big believer in utilizing what you have at different positions if guys are hurt. You have to find a why to play if there is need at that position. Smith should've probably been inactive, as well as Coates finding a way to get the ball in his hands. He's a fast WR. Just launch the ball and see if he can come up with it.

honestly expected them to lose this game, bad spot for them.

this loss is probably good for them. humbled, less pressure of carrying that long win streak. short week to bounce back against a clearly inferior opponent.

i expect them to win out and head into the playoffs with some good momentum. it's a couple weeks away, and the eagles is obviously the hardest game left, but if coutee is fully healthy by then, the offense should put up nasty #'s that the eagles shouldn't be able to match.

WR depth is definitely an issue with the injuries but the o-line concerns me against the rest of the playoff opponents

Sorry I haven't been in here lately. Been working a lot with the holidays. Yeah this loss definitely sucked especially with the missed opportunity to grab the 2nd seed. Now we definitely need to win out which we should definitely be able to do if we play like how we're supposed to play.

Da Franchise :smokin :smokin

Somewhat came down to the wire, but I had full confidence that Deshaun would get the job done. He still holds on to the ball too long here and there, but I'm cool with him trying to make plays despite this line still being awful (I'll give them props for their good play here and there). Sam Darnold should have been sacked so many times, but dude just constantly kept getting out of ****. Of course, the Jets got a lot of yards being aided by penalties, but oh well, the Texans got the job done. 10-4 :smokin :smokin still have a chance at the 2 seed, and an outside shot at #1, so this team can't let up.

Texans last two games:
@ Eagles
vs Jags

Patriots last two games:
vs Jets
vs Bills

We need to win out and hope the Pats get caught slipping vs either or both Jets and Bills

I have no idea how I feel about the Eagles game anymore

Foles is such a wildcard :lol:

The Eagles clearly have been playing different with Foles there :lol: but honestly, our D vs their O isn't what I'm concerned about, it's our o-line vs their d-line. That's the key matchup right there. Lamm and Davenport need to play like their life is on the line.

The Eagles clearly have been playing different with Foles there :lol: but honestly, our D vs their O isn't what I'm concerned about, it's our o-line vs their d-line. That's the key matchup right there. Lamm and Davenport need to play like their life is on the line.

yeah huge mismatch in the trenches. i agree

we made robby anderson look all-pro tho. our DBs are playing with so much cushion and with foles-alshon having insane chemistry for some reason, there's a bit of concern there for me :lol:

yeah huge mismatch in the trenches. i agree

we made robby anderson look all-pro tho. our DBs are playing with so much cushion and with foles-alshon having insane chemistry for some reason, there's a bit of concern there for me :lol:

unfortunately knew this would be an issue

secondary is buns, OL is in shambles, receiving corps is decimated with injuries

Kareem and Webster (again) getting injured didn’t help anything. They went out the game quickly, Forcing Burton to roll out his bed into the game

Back
Top Bottom