How did you handle your college speech class? vol..stage fright

Also, dressin the part gets you brownie points. and make sure you do the small assignments, thats the reason I got a B+ instead of an A

SO TRUE.

man for our final we had to give a 5 minute speech with no note cards or anything

indifferent.gif

Mine was 8mins-8:30
so five should've cake

Also, dressin the part gets you brownie points. and make sure you do the small assignments, thats the reason I got a B+ instead of an A

SO TRUE.

man for our final we had to give a 5 minute speech with no note cards or anything

indifferent.gif

Mine was 8mins-8:30
so five should've cake

best advice is to i guess just relax but i remember from someone telling me to look above the audiences' head instead of their eyes

best advice is to i guess just relax but i remember from someone telling me to look above the audiences' head instead of their eyes

stickmandude wrote:
I took agumentation and debate class. First speech I was nervous as hell and was stuttering.� Practice in front of a mirror. If you ain't first watch others that helps. You'll gain confidence after the first speech. I know I did and by the final speech at the end of the semester I killed it. Confidence was all there and did my thing.

It was something about what's more important for US companies: find ways to reduce waste and save the environment or getting money and help the economy more or less. I was on that money side of the argument and opened up my speech with WU-Tang Clan's "Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me C.R.E.A.M. Get the money Dollar, dollar bill y'all." Also threw in Tony Montana's "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. "

At the end of my speech I hit the class with one of these: Except I rephrased it as "What has two thumbs and team you should vote for?"

Snapped my fingers and Insert (name) and Team.

Got props from my professor on my use of quotes to strengthen my argument and got an A.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

thats extra corny fam, my professor would be laughing at you or shaking his head in disgust instead of giving you props. I guess it depends on the classroom environment but my profs wouldnt be havin that

stickmandude wrote:
I took agumentation and debate class. First speech I was nervous as hell and was stuttering.� Practice in front of a mirror. If you ain't first watch others that helps. You'll gain confidence after the first speech. I know I did and by the final speech at the end of the semester I killed it. Confidence was all there and did my thing.

It was something about what's more important for US companies: find ways to reduce waste and save the environment or getting money and help the economy more or less. I was on that money side of the argument and opened up my speech with WU-Tang Clan's "Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me C.R.E.A.M. Get the money Dollar, dollar bill y'all." Also threw in Tony Montana's "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. "

At the end of my speech I hit the class with one of these: Except I rephrased it as "What has two thumbs and team you should vote for?"

Snapped my fingers and Insert (name) and Team.

Got props from my professor on my use of quotes to strengthen my argument and got an A.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

thats extra corny fam, my professor would be laughing at you or shaking his head in disgust instead of giving you props. I guess it depends on the classroom environment but my profs wouldnt be havin that

Tried it first time and was down right horrible. Didn't help that the class was at 730am. Dropped it, took it again and got a b+. it was dumb of me to let my fear of speaking infront of people I don't know get the best of me. Shoulda just took care of it then..

Tried it first time and was down right horrible. Didn't help that the class was at 730am. Dropped it, took it again and got a b+. it was dumb of me to let my fear of speaking infront of people I don't know get the best of me. Shoulda just took care of it then..

I never had a college speech class, however, I did have a business management class that forced me to present a strategic plan in the form of an thirty minute presentation in front of six real executives. TWO out of the five successful practices: 1) Looking at the top your audience's noggins- this imitates direct eye contact while eliminating confrontation and 2) Look your best- when you look good, you feel good, and annunciate louder. GOOD LUCK!

I never had a college speech class, however, I did have a business management class that forced me to present a strategic plan in the form of an thirty minute presentation in front of six real executives. TWO out of the five successful practices: 1) Looking at the top your audience's noggins- this imitates direct eye contact while eliminating confrontation and 2) Look your best- when you look good, you feel good, and annunciate louder. GOOD LUCK!

Just had my first speech class.
I guess it's okay so far but I have to do a how to speech for the next class.
Any ideas are much appreciated. All the how tos on youtube are fake. I almost thought about making a speaker till I found out household hacker was faking it.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Any ideas are much appreciated. All the how tos on youtube are fake. I almost thought about making a speaker till I found out household hacker was faking it.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Speech class was so annoying. My teacher was hella old so I used to just grab speeches off of YouTube and copy them for the most part. I get mad nervous as it is making speeches so I did what I always do wenever i have a speech or presentation to do in class....pop a Xanny and smoke a fat one...that always has me mad relaxed in class.

Speech class was so annoying. My teacher was hella old so I used to just grab speeches off of YouTube and copy them for the most part. I get mad nervous as it is making speeches so I did what I always do wenever i have a speech or presentation to do in class....pop a Xanny and smoke a fat one...that always has me mad relaxed in class.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

laugh.gif
mad.gif

how to seaglow your xis
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

laugh.gif
mad.gif

how to seaglow your xis
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Originally Posted by bijald0331

just say your piece.. who the *%#@ are these people to judge you anyway? that's real @@$+.. once you understand that you'll have no problem speaking in front of most people.

Will do.
Never took a speech class in college. Had one freshman year of HS. Boy was I nervous the first time up. Too many hot girls in that class 
embarassed.gif

i don't get it.. i don't think that's wrong.
I always thought it was "peace" (as in, "speak now or forever hold your peace) but I did a quick google search and it seems both terms can be used. 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

just say your piece.. who the *%#@ are these people to judge you anyway? that's real @@$+.. once you understand that you'll have no problem speaking in front of most people.

Will do.
Never took a speech class in college. Had one freshman year of HS. Boy was I nervous the first time up. Too many hot girls in that class 
embarassed.gif

i don't get it.. i don't think that's wrong.
I always thought it was "peace" (as in, "speak now or forever hold your peace) but I did a quick google search and it seems both terms can be used. 
embarassed.gif

Honestly,

If you're prepared and know the topic your presentation is on, you will do better than you think.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom