HOW DO OTHER COUNTRIES VIEW AFRICAN AMERICANS? (DARK & LIGHT SKINNED)

Not to sound ignorant just a curious question for the NTer's not from America. I've heard that true Africans dislike us and that Asians love us, anytruth behind this and for what reasons.

And is LeBron really God in China?
*EDIT*

Do they see light skinned blacks different from dark skinned like a lot of our own African Americans do?

I heard East Germany, Japan ,and Italy are weary of us. A few of my cousins in the service told me this.

I was discussing this with an African exchange student in the student center yesterday. He said they basically feel like all we care about here isstunting, mistreating women, and other displays of debauchery. Couldn't really argue there...

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I heard East Germany, Japan ,and Italy are weary of us. A few of my cousins in the service told me this.

Ive heard the same. I also some a lot of people look down on the people of African descent who were born in the US and some don't even consider them to be"black".

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

a lot of people look down on the people of African descent who were born in the US and some don't even consider them to be "black".
Damn I never heard of this, that's not good. Do you mean black from Africa don't consider African Americans to be genuine descent orsomething?

Originally Posted by CoolLiquidFlames

Im from africa.... and for the most part the mindstates of african americans of this genration sadden me... alot of the older heads got it right though...
Even though this might be true, it's still wrong to generalize an entiregeneration.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I was discussing this with an African exchange student in the student center yesterday. He said they basically feel like all we care about here is stunting, mistreating women, and other displays of debauchery. Couldn't really argue there...

a lot of people look down on the people of African descent who were born in the US and some don't even consider them to be "black".
Damn I never heard of this, that's not good. Do you mean black from Africa don't consider African Americans to be genuine descent or something?
I've never heard this neither. But as an Afrikan dude, that grew up in America and is living in Afrika right now. I would say the youngergeneration, less than 35, admire us, and the older crowd thinks of us in a negative way. And I believe that they have no right to do so because they don'tunderstand what has happened to the black person in America and most definitely cannot relate to those persons. Even my parents look at Black Americans in adifferent light. They don't know that Black Americans were intentionally programmed to be the way they are now.

Damn I never heard of this, that's not good. Do you mean black from Africa don't consider African Americans to be genuine descent or something?

I believe it to be something like this. My sister in law was in Nigeria and some of them were very bigoted towards her telling her she wasn't black.

Im from africa.... and for the most part the mindstates of african americans of this genration sadden me... alot of the older heads got it right though...

I know, right...

I'm african american but went I went to south america alot of them thought I was a native
laugh.gif
when they hear you speak you turn into a gringo

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I know, right...

roll.gif

I was discussing this with an African exchange student in the student center yesterday. He said they basically feel like all we care about here is stunting, mistreating women, and other displays of debauchery. Couldn't really argue there...

why not?

guess yall both play into stereotypes.

He pretty much nailed it.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I've never heard this neither. But as an Afrikan dude that grew up in America that is living in Afrika right now. I would say the younger generation, less than 35, admire us, and the older crowd thinks of us in a negative way. And I believe that they have no right to do so because they don't understand what has happened to the black person in America and most definitely cannot relate to those persons. Even my parents look at Black Americans in a different light. They don't know that Black Americans were intentionally programmed to be the way they are now.

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Please provide some clarity to that statement.[/color]

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

why not?

Dude was not talking about what the reality is....he's talking about what the perception is.

I believe it to be something like this. My sister in law was in Nigeria and some of them were very bigoted towards her telling her she wasn't black.
That's terrible to hear.
tired.gif

lurkin2long wrote:
LESfamilia wrote:

why not?

Touche. I could've made a case for many of my African-American brothers who are also in school, don't have kids, don't drink or smoke, don'tparticipate in bacchanalian celebrations, and show concern for their families and communities. But alas, all he would've had to do was turn to BET on theTV in our rec room and his point would've been made.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I've never heard this neither. But as an Afrikan dude that grew up in America that is living in Afrika right now. I would say the younger generation, less than 35, admire us, and the older crowd thinks of us in a negative way. And I believe that they have no right to do so because they don't understand what has happened to the black person in America and most definitely cannot relate to those persons. Even my parents look at Black Americans in a different light. They don't know that Black Americans were intentionally programmed to be the way they are now.
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Please provide some clarity to that statement.[/color]

Whats so funny?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

Yao Ming is the 9th best selling NBA jersey in China, if thats saying anything
laugh.gif
Well one of my cousin's were stationed over at South Korea for a little while and he visited China for a little while and he said other than afew funny/curious looks he got, he said the Chinese and Koreans were mostly friendly towards him.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom