how do you bring yourself to go to school? (college students)

i've been procrastinating for the past few weeks and haven't been going to school. how do the rest of you college students bring yourself to go to classes and what not? i know i'm paying for the classes but i don't know why i do this...i know a bunch of you guys do this too, so whats good?

Originally Posted by silvermatrix12

i've been procrastinating for the past few weeks and haven't been going to school. how do the rest of you college students bring yourself to go to classes and what not?
i know i'm paying for the classes but i don't know why i do this...i know a bunch of you guys do this too, so whats good?
this.

An education is priceless man...You'll appreciate it later on if you don't understand why your going now

1. I'm paying for it.

2. Financial Aide/Student Loans

3. I have a couple side hustles.

4. The girls.

I don't see how people can skip classes willingly. Why pay 10k-40k and jeopardize your grade by cutting class for no reason?

1st and foremost: Going to class--->easier to get good grades--->easier to get a good job
Also, pride. I know that if I don't go to class and do poorly in it, it is a bad reflection on my work ethic, motivation, etc.  I just can't stand doing poorly in a class. $*%# eats away at me. 
Plus, the cost.

Can't believe this dude... 
Failing in school is such a bad look
smh.gif

Weeks fam? I might miss every now and then and even then I really don't like o but sometimes I need the break. I go cuz I'm suppose to. If I wasn't gonna go I would have just not come to school. You can get away with that the first year or so with large gen ed classes but not once you get into your major.

Originally Posted by KingHawthorne95

its not like you have anything else better to do
Exactly. Stop messing around on NT and go to class.

Skipping class for weeks for no other reason that to just skip?
eek.gif
sick.gif

lol i get stressed about missing one day and Op hasn't been to school in a few weeks.
laugh.gif

pick classes that you like at the times that are convenient with good professors. You can find out the good professor through word of mouth or through ratemyprofessor.com which is pretty much word of mouth.

the girls are also a bonus.

I don't feel the motivation, while attending this community college.
I hope it pays off so I can transfer already.

lol this might be a sign I just said F it today I don't feel like going, I feel like its holding me back, cause If I go full time at my job I'll get a lil raise and promotion, and from that I can get alot of other promotions and start making some decent money. With school I'm not guaranteed a job after, so that why I'm like not really caring.

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

lol this might be a sign I just said F it today I don't feel like going, I feel like its holding me back, cause If I go full time at my job I'll get a lil raise and promotion, and from that I can get alot of other promotions and start making some decent money. With school I'm not guaranteed a job after, so that why I'm like not really caring.

You fool, you're going to let your dead-end job gas you up on the promise of a little more money and FT status? Don't fall into that trap homie..

Get a skill, or an education at all costs (preferably when you're young). It will pay off in the end.

because thats why you're in college... idiot.

i mean i used to get smacked and go to class so if i can manage to do that, i have no idea why you choose not to go. thats just dumb jo. he must not be payin for college...

Along with what other people said like:

-Your paying a lot of money for it
-Your future
-You have nothing better to do

You might want to start asking yourself if you are in the major/field you want to be really be in.

Majoring in something your interested in will help motivate you.

You should enjoy school man. There are some aspects to school that definitely make it unattractive, like the grading scale, competition, etc. But in principal it's something you should want to do.

Back
Top Bottom