How do you deal with people calling the more exclusive colorways fake?

Its happened to me a couple times but I just laugh and walk away but there was this one time when a chick came up to me and she told me that she had never seena swoosh on some J's ( i was wearing some low 1's) and I explained why they had the swoosh and she still kind of didn't believe me but I didn'treally care.

Why is everyone being so tough on him? He's just asking a question. Not to stereotype but at the age of 14, I'd expect someone to act much moreimmature. As for me, I would just ignore it. Can't lie, it can easily get under anyone's skin but its not worth fighting against ignorance. If you knowthey're real, just laugh evilly, sort of like the way TI did to Shawty Lo, and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

I don't really care. I know my kicks are legit and that's all that matters to me.

you could say this thousands of times but you know someone is going to say something

laugh.gif
I don't care

This misguided youngin' at the mall had on a pair of Retro "Blacktoe" XIV's while I had on the OG's; I never heard the end of it fromhim.
smh.gif

I simply ignored dude's comment and proceeded by showing him the 'Air Jordan library' on my phone courtesy to air-jordans.com...ol' boy wasflabbergasted.
grin.gif

this is why i keep all my receipts in the boxes with the shoes and then, when I wear a pair, I put the receipt in my wallet so when people come up to me I canshow they are from a legit source....................

or i get real sarcastic. one of those.

Originally Posted by veGAtts

this is why i keep all my receipts in the boxes with the shoes and then, when I wear a pair, I put the receipt in my wallet so when people come up to me I can show they are from a legit source....................

or i get real sarcastic. one of those.

dude do you really do that ?

face it, guys. most of the colors that are coming out are really suspect. *olympic 6* cough *olympic 7*

I must agree though that while most of the og jordan colors are black, white and red and whatever variant they came in eg. carmine (as well as blue) they nevercame out in yellow (except for gold in the og 1s, correct me if i'm wrong) and other outlandish colors save for the aquas which went with the all staruniform back then. Now we are bombarded with with these fake-*%# colorways that seemed to have originated from the bootleggers, repacked in real jordan boxesand sold in chain stores.

what next? Spongebob 7s with a retro card? clear 7s with a retro card? there's a lot of those going around in the swapmeets here in la and everywhere else.

now to the thread starter, just brush it off. he didn't know any better. not everyone is in the know.

i actually go to a school that everyone is educated enough to know what i am wearing
roll.gif

Originally Posted by upandcomingkid

I was at the mall today, walking around with some of my boys and my bro. So this older dude comes up to me (im only 14) and starts talking to me about how people wearing fake shoes are ruining JB. I was wearing the XI lows blk/red that are pictured on THE RETRO CARD. lol and when i tried to tell him they weren't, he laughed and walked off. How in the world am i supposed to respond to that? How would you? I'm interested to know.

Did you tell him that the shoes are on the retro card?

Since I buy shoes for me I could care less of what people may think... I have had a few people ask me if some of my shoes are real and I just respond with asimple yes and refuse to get into any sort of sneaker conversation with them since obviously they r not true sneakerheads and the conversation would bepointless....

dont trip......just yesterday....i had hella people thinkin my carmines were fake........just cuz they aint seen no one rock it yet.........so everyone assumedit was fake........
im 21 and i was at a middle school for my little sisters talent show....i just brush em off.....keep it moving.....because i know what i got....i know what ido.....
and its true.....true jordan heads will know when u have real ones on or not......so to the real jordanheads that give me propz on my jays.....i know that theyat least know something about shoes....for the ones that clown...i know they are rookies that only like jordan cuz of the hype.......

i wish i was cool enough to have random people come up to me and tell me my shoes are fake...

seriously though, who cares. just keep it movin

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

Let's see pics of your shoes. What if they are fake?

Hahahahaha... but seriously.
my shoes??????????/
these are the ones i was wearing yesterday and people thought were fake.......
l_35f0f9d3d87d72505f4fe49a45ade831.jpg

I never got that. I'm sure that its got alot to do w. how you carry yourself also. Some people just look like they'd be more inclined to not care aboutrockin' fakes.

Yea ... It always happens to me when I wear my Lightning IV's ... everyone ask me " Were can I get them at ? " ... " I aint never seen themfakes "' .... " What website they off ? "

You know what cracks me up though is when a chick tries to ask if your J's are real... meanwhile she got fake hair, nails, eyelashes, eye color, skin tone,purse, push up bra, etc etc etc worrying about someones Sneaks....
roll.gif

Like it has been stated earlier True Sneaker Heads know what time it is...

Back
Top Bottom