How do you feel about the state of music video's today? Who is your fav. director?

The state of music videos are dead. I'm older now but I can tell with younger kids I know the days of getting home from school to watch video shows like Hits, TRL, Tigger in the Basement, etc. are done. 106 & Park is really only good for when a dope rapper is on Freestyle Fridays.

Every now and then I catch a hip hop video on some station I aint never heard of, BCAT, or some other viral access channel that airs for one time only. I aint for that watch a video on the internet shh

For other genres VH1 in the morning is pretty good but there's nothing special about most of those vids.

Danny Ocean dj entendre- Your vid. was descent, i giv it a 7/8 it's dope, u used the video effects well as well as i like your effort with the camera tricks, although i wish u would've captured more of the greater manhattan, I love how u used the nyc subway that's always a good place to shoot and get great footage, i like how u ended the vid as well. Ninjahood im shocked at ur lack of taste, im starting to think your a hypebeast a lil bit i've been watching ur comments in other posts but what surprises me the most is that your supposed to b a left hander and ur thinking so simple, the only reason why you like that brisco vid by jordan towers is cause he pushing that whip on the freeway looking niiiicceee his swag is on point and the song is hot other than that there's nothing visually stunning about that video as to any other jordan tower video. Dantheman!? has he done anything special, that gucci man vid was super regular he's jus on his tour bus spittin and the camera is doin a couple of in and outs WOW o_0 does this really appease u guys? an artist spttin in one spot as long as he has swag? paul hunter makes the best music video's hands down as well as joseph khan and the others i've named no one can conpare, their creativity and work efforts are amazing, mayb it's me, im a hard guy to please

Danny Ocean dj entendre- Your vid. was descent, i giv it a 7/8 it's dope, u used the video effects well as well as i like your effort with the camera tricks, although i wish u would've captured more of the greater manhattan, I love how u used the nyc subway that's always a good place to shoot and get great footage, i like how u ended the vid as well. Ninjahood im shocked at ur lack of taste, im starting to think your a hypebeast a lil bit i've been watching ur comments in other posts but what surprises me the most is that your supposed to b a left hander and ur thinking so simple, the only reason why you like that brisco vid by jordan towers is cause he pushing that whip on the freeway looking niiiicceee his swag is on point and the song is hot other than that there's nothing visually stunning about that video as to any other jordan tower video. Dantheman!? has he done anything special, that gucci man vid was super regular he's jus on his tour bus spittin and the camera is doin a couple of in and outs WOW o_0 does this really appease u guys? an artist spttin in one spot as long as he has swag? paul hunter makes the best music video's hands down as well as joseph khan and the others i've named no one can conpare, their creativity and work efforts are amazing, mayb it's me, im a hard guy to please

jordan tower puts in no work, you guys are trippin
roll.gif
 that's why he'll never get airtime or any money from any major lables, he's doing half-way good right we're talkin about 'em
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
 that's why he'll never get airtime or any money from any major lables, he's doing half-way good right we're talkin about 'em
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by soflyjedi

roll.gif
ohwell.gif
Mr. BoomTown >>>>>Jordan Tower .Tho

roll.gif
ohwell.gif
Mr. BoomTown >>>>>Jordan Tower .Tho

This is one of the better music videos I've seen in the past year.

There's also the music video for Bombay by El Guincho but that one has nudity and I'm not entirely sure on NT's policy regarding nudity in art. Not taking chances
laugh.gif

This is one of the better music videos I've seen in the past year.

There's also the music video for Bombay by El Guincho but that one has nudity and I'm not entirely sure on NT's policy regarding nudity in art. Not taking chances
laugh.gif

Im probably in the minority that believes rap videos these days are trash for the most part. You have videos by say Kanye for example that I do like as they are visually creative.

Im probably in the minority that believes rap videos these days are trash for the most part. You have videos by say Kanye for example that I do like as they are visually creative.

C'MON MAN HIT THE %%+##*% RETURN KEY EVERY NOW AND THEN.

nobody wants to read your damn posts with a wall of words

C'MON MAN HIT THE %%+##*% RETURN KEY EVERY NOW AND THEN.

nobody wants to read your damn posts with a wall of words

Videos are dying because they don't have outlets they used to have. MTV doesn't even play videos anymore.

I'm not a video purist, though. I've always preferred gritty street videos versus the artistic "meaningful" joints.

"Nuthing But A G' Thang", "I Gotcha Opin", those are the kind of videos I like.

Videos are dying because they don't have outlets they used to have. MTV doesn't even play videos anymore.

I'm not a video purist, though. I've always preferred gritty street videos versus the artistic "meaningful" joints.

"Nuthing But A G' Thang", "I Gotcha Opin", those are the kind of videos I like.

wow u dudes are really exaggerating so much for using NT as a resource, it wasnt even that long and the point of this thread was i jus wanted u guys opinion are certain directors and feedback for the current state of music videos, it really shows people dont like to think and use their head, all they wanna do is b critics, heckle and b haters...i did forget about spike jonze he's also pretty dope btw

Nobody is exaggerating.

Going forward, you need to learn how to use the enter/return key. If you're going to write a lot of text, format your paragraphs
appropriately so that they are less "intimidating" and easier on the eyes.

What you typed out should have been 4 paragraphs minimal.
You formatted it as 2.

I do like the HD mixtape video movement. Hell given the current technology, you can use your iphone 4 camera to make a legit HD music video.

wow u dudes are really exaggerating so much for using NT as a resource, it wasnt even that long and the point of this thread was i jus wanted u guys opinion are certain directors and feedback for the current state of music videos, it really shows people dont like to think and use their head, all they wanna do is b critics, heckle and b haters...i did forget about spike jonze he's also pretty dope btw

Nobody is exaggerating.

Going forward, you need to learn how to use the enter/return key. If you're going to write a lot of text, format your paragraphs
appropriately so that they are less "intimidating" and easier on the eyes.

What you typed out should have been 4 paragraphs minimal.
You formatted it as 2.

I do like the HD mixtape video movement. Hell given the current technology, you can use your iphone 4 camera to make a legit HD music video.

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

I'm an up & coming director myself out of Houston. I go by Danny Ocean, Hype's my main influence.. Here's a video I shot back in October in New York.
You got some talent. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

I'm an up & coming director myself out of Houston. I go by Danny Ocean, Hype's my main influence.. Here's a video I shot back in October in New York.
You got some talent. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom