How do you feel about the state of music video's today? Who is your fav. director?

this is also one of my favorite gucci videos...

and also abnormal, cuz if its heavy emphasis on his bracelet. lol

this is also one of my favorite gucci videos...

and also abnormal, cuz if its heavy emphasis on his bracelet. lol

I will say that the availability of HD basically flooded the market...

Its made things cheaper and has also enhanced the availability of videos with tighter budgets... i'd say creativity is on the rise again...

I HATE green screen videos thoug. 

Its made things cheaper and has also enhanced the availability of videos with tighter budgets... i'd say creativity is on the rise again...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

OP completely missing da roaring evoulution of all these up and comin video directors doing they damn thing wit HD videos on a shoe string budget...

picture perfect

dan da man

spliff TV

jordan tower

creative control

Is that Dude from Baltimore???????
nerd.gif

If So,Small World...

AnyWays Creative Control is my Favorite Right Now.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

OP completely missing da roaring evoulution of all these up and comin video directors doing they damn thing wit HD videos on a shoe string budget...

picture perfect

dan da man

spliff TV

jordan tower

creative control

Is that Dude from Baltimore???????
nerd.gif

If So,Small World...

AnyWays Creative Control is my Favorite Right Now.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

this right here...
i'm about to jump into the music video thing...the hardest part is finding new/unsigned artist with GOOD songs to base your creativity off of...

Hype Williams is mad over-rated...Roman Gavras directed one of my favorite videos as of recently which was Born Free, but that's more like a short movie...

this right here...
i'm about to jump into the music video thing...the hardest part is finding new/unsigned artist with GOOD songs to base your creativity off of...

Hype Williams is mad over-rated...Roman Gavras directed one of my favorite videos as of recently which was Born Free, but that's more like a short movie...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

this right here...

A lot of those big names were overrated. For years their quality decreased while others struggled to get decent videos. They're kinda like old superproducers. The rise of the internet and the availability of new programs and tools has increased the accessibility to materials and driven those overcharging dudes out of the game. 

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

this right here...

A lot of those big names were overrated. For years their quality decreased while others struggled to get decent videos. They're kinda like old superproducers. The rise of the internet and the availability of new programs and tools has increased the accessibility to materials and driven those overcharging dudes out of the game. 

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

I'm an up & coming director myself out of Houston. I go by Danny Ocean, Hype's my main influence.. Here's a video I shot back in October in New York.
Good work on the vid..... although i feel like the time sq NY shot is a bit overused & BTW the artist is actually good which always helps the video keep that essence
And for what its worth whoever has been shooting all of Flockas recent videos has been putting in work........ ESPECIALLY "BUSSIN AT EM"

I'm an up & coming director myself out of Houston. I go by Danny Ocean, Hype's my main influence.. Here's a video I shot back in October in New York.
Good work on the vid..... although i feel like the time sq NY shot is a bit overused & BTW the artist is actually good which always helps the video keep that essence
And for what its worth whoever has been shooting all of Flockas recent videos has been putting in work........ ESPECIALLY "BUSSIN AT EM"

Originally Posted by soflyjedi

how can u guys even mention jordan tower in this post, im talkin bout REAL directors with VISION! CREATIVITY! those dudes just shoot the artist freestylin in front of the bodega or in they project hallway or on they block
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  anyone got any of their own vids. please post..
Vision and creativity is subjective.

Jordan Towers puts in work.

how can u guys even mention jordan tower in this post, im talkin bout REAL directors with VISION! CREATIVITY! those dudes just shoot the artist freestylin in front of the bodega or in they project hallway or on they block
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no he doesn't...there's absolutely nothing creative about what he's doing

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no he doesn't...there's absolutely nothing creative about what he's doing

Originally Posted by tyisny

appreciate it, it was my first time in new york & we had absolutely no time to scout.. everything was shot on the way to somewhere.

Originally Posted by tyisny

appreciate it, it was my first time in new york & we had absolutely no time to scout.. everything was shot on the way to somewhere.

The state of music videos are dead. I'm older now but I can tell with younger kids I know the days of getting home from school to watch video shows like Hits, TRL, Tigger in the Basement, etc. are done. 106 & Park is really only good for when a dope rapper is on Freestyle Fridays.

Every now and then I catch a hip hop video on some station I aint never heard of, BCAT, or some other viral access channel that airs for one time only. I aint for that watch a video on the internet shh

For other genres VH1 in the morning is pretty good but there's nothing special about most of those vids.

Back
Top Bottom