How Do You Feel About Your Child Being Exposed To Same Sex Couples Through Cartoons/Kids Shows (Nick

Seriously I recommend any one read about the history of childcare man to get some perspective. '

Dr. Frederick Wortham went to congress with a study that said Comic Books were the leading cause of juvenile delinquency and sexual violence among boys. "The Seduction of The innocent" he called it :lol:

Fast froward to 2016 comics dominate every form of media, books, cartoons, TV shows. Fredrick rolling over in his grave. :lol:

...and the country is falling apart while grown men watch superhero movie remakes. :smh:

Can anyone explain to me WHY something like this show is a bad thing for kids? And please, make sure your answer uses sound logic and is fact-based. I don't want to hear about what your religious book says.

Cuz its wrong. You might think snitching is fine to do, i think its wrong.

You think homosexuality is fine, i think its wrong.

We have different point of views and beleifs, why do we have to told we are wrong for feeling the opposite way? Why do we have to be judged and frowned upon just cuz we think its wrong?

If your homosexual, more power to you, i just cant get jiggy wit that. Am i gona bash you and treat you like scum? Nah doggy, we both humans, i just wont kick it wit you or smoke a doobie wit you.

Am i talkin to a pack of tortillas or am i making sense?

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to it as long as it's not pushed w/ an agenda behind it. I don't mind it being let's say Ellen or the couple from Modern Family gay (from what I've seen) but not flamboyant dude in Lennox Mall screamin "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas" gay. I don't even like heterosexual stuff put all in cartoons.

What I would like is for them to push the fact that racism and negative stereotypes aint coo in cartoons but we know that'll never happen since we've been fighting this battle since forever and the LGBT community making more strides in the past 4 years than....nvm

Social engineering, man.

Can't think of one strong, intelligent, proudly Black male character on all of mainstream television but now we get a gay Black father in a cartoon; implanted in children's heads.

Funny how that works.

Gay is the new Black and "minorities' have become the face and burden bearers for the homosexual agenda.

They've created the perfect victim.

Kill masculinity, kill the spirit of rebellion within the masses.

Plan is working to perfection.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me WHY something like this show is a bad thing for kids? And please, make sure your answer uses sound logic and is fact-based. I don't want to hear about what your religious book says.

Cuz its wrong. You might think snitching is fine to do, i think its wrong.

You think homosexuality is fine, i think its wrong.

We have different point of views and beleifs, why do we have to told we are wrong for feeling the opposite way? Why do we have to be judged and frowned upon just cuz we think its wrong?

If your homosexual, more power to you, i just cant get jiggy wit that. Am i gona bash you and treat you like scum? Nah doggy, we both humans, i just wont kick it wit you or smoke a doobie wit you.

Am i talkin to a pack of tortillas or am i making sense?

You're wrong because you literally just said you wouldn't hang or be around someone who is attracted to their same sex. That's wrong. There is no way around that.

Yes, you're entitled to that belief. As are my in-laws who have nothing to do with my wife because of the color of my skin. But they're still wrong, as are you.

So in your eyes, what's wrong with homosexuality? Loving someone of the same sex? Having sexual relations with someone of the same sex?

And most importantly, WHY?

So the issue isn't gayness but FLAMBOYANT gayness?

For me, yea. I'm not big on forcing things on people and people w/ that "Hey look at me" attitude. If you have a different sexual preference than me, coo, do you, that makes you happy, but don't force your **** on me and mines. I'm not gon run around during a pride event talkin loud bout how much I enjoy vajayjay.

I can agree there.

But flamboyant anything is annoying.

Loud people are annoying.

I think that is most folks issue, the Super loud, look at how much I can show the world how gay I am, types.

I don't think folks really care about who people have sex with

Not something I'd let my kids watch personally, I just think they're too young to be worried about gay or not gay

You're wrong because you literally just said you wouldn't hang or be around someone who is attracted to their same sex. That's wrong. There is no way around that.

Yes, you're entitled to that belief. As are my in-laws who have nothing to do with my wife because of the color of my skin. But they're still wrong, as are you.

So in your eyes, what's wrong with homosexuality? Loving someone of the same sex? Having sexual relations with someone of the same sex?

Aight bruh bruh let me put it like this, i think its wrong 100% but i cant stop it right? so live your life how you want to cuz thats what ima do. Just dont force it on our youth. Let them figure it out when they get to that age, whatever age that may be, but i just cant rock wit how they are puttin this on innocent minds.

I can agree there.

I think that is most folks issue, the Super loud, look at how much I can show the world how gay I am, types.

Exactly, I know I don't.

Aight bruh bruh let me put it like this, i think its wrong 100% but i cant stop it right? so live your life how you want to cuz thats what ima do. Just dont force it on our youth. Let them figure it out when they get to that age, whatever age that may be, but i just cant rock wit how they are puttin this on innocent minds.

That's the problem. How is showing that there are different relationships between just man and woman forcing it on youth? It's just showing what you see is out there in the world. Are people with gay relatives supposed to keep them away from kids in the family because their minds are innocent? You make sometthing a big deal then some will see it as a big seal.

There's nothing to figure out though. Some people like folks of the same sex. Done. There's literally nothing else you have to explain to a kid that age, because I'm certainly not talking about sex with my 5-year old.

So tell me again, WHY is it wrong to you?

My kid watches a bunch of gay and lesbian vloggers on YouTube. Don't mind. We have gay people in our family.

There are a lot of gay couples in Milwaukee/Madison area. I mean you can shield them from television but what will you do when you're walking in the park and you see a gay/lesbian couple. Im not sure what age you have that discussion with your children. Great question.

That's the problem. How is showing that there are different relationships between just man and woman forcing it on youth? It's just showing what you see is out there in the world. Are people with gay relatives supposed to keep them away from kids in the family because their minds are innocent? You make sometthing a big deal then some will see it as a big seal.

Exactly
Good ol human nature at play. My go to example is asking ppl, "who were the biggest known sluts growing up?"
Catholic school girls.
Trying to shield the kid from other lifestyles is only going to harm them in the long run. I understand you dont want your kid to be focused on gay lifestyles. You're setting them up to have a biased, warped notion as an adult tho. Which is a bit maladjusted in a world were gay marriage is more tolerated than ever before.

Last edited:
I can agree there.

Its definitely that flamboyant **** that bugs me. Ive worked at different jobs with people who were gay and i didnt even know until i mentioned something about women and they told me. It didnt change my opinion about them or make me hate them but would i kick it with them after work? Naw. The flamboyant stuff is what bugs me. Im from Toronto and theres a big gay community....one day i was with couple friends and we driving on yonge st downtown and we get to a red light. These 2 gay guys are crossing the street....how did i know they were gay? The guy in the front had a collar around his neck with a leash while the guy in the back is holding the leash. Now how would u explain that to a child? **** us 3 grown men couldnt even explain it ourselves we were just like what the ****

I can agree there.

Its definitely that flamboyant **** that bugs me. Ive worked at different jobs with people who were gay and i didnt even know until i mentioned something about women and they told me. It didnt change my opinion about them or make me hate them but would i kick it with them after work? Naw. The flamboyant stuff is what bugs me. Im from Toronto and theres a big gay community....one day i was with couple friends and we driving on yonge st downtown and we get to a red light. These 2 gay guys are crossing the street....how did i know they were gay? The guy in the front had a collar around his neck with a leash while the guy in the back is holding the leash. Now how would u explain that to a child? **** us 3 grown men couldnt even explain it ourselves we were just like what the ****
If it happened to be 2 hot girls doing the same, would there be an issue?  

So you're cool with people being gay, just as long as you don't know it.  So you're essentially asking people to not be themselves for your benefit.  Isn't that a little selfish?  

Btw, explaining that would be as simple as "they're just being silly' and leave it at that.  Not everything has to be this huge, deep discussion with kids.  Thank jebus most of you "how do you explain that' cats don't have kids.  
laugh.gif

I'm indifferent to the situation. On one side of the coin I'm against it. Children should be children and shouldn't have to worry about the realities of the real world at a young age. At the same time, television shouldn't be raising your children. Their ideals and thoughts should be an extention of their parents/guardians and not what television is introducing them too...

With that being said. Ren & Stimpy was a pretty gay *** show. I remember being younger and knowing without the influence of any adults that they liked each other and not in the "normal" way. I love that show to this day but never once did it influence me to be attracted to men.

If it happened to be 2 hot girls doing the same, would there be an issue?  

So you're cool with people being gay, just as long as you don't know it.  So you're essentially asking people to not be themselves for your benefit.  Isn't that a little selfish?  

Btw, explaining that would be as simple as "they're just being silly' and leave it at that.  Not everything has to be this huge, deep discussion with kids.  Thank jebus most of you "how do you explain that' cats don't have kids.  :lol:

It would still be an issue if it was 2 women.

How did u get that id be cool with people bein gay as long as i didnt know about? I could careless if someone is gay or lesbian. Doesnt bother me what that person does in their personal life. Reason i said i wouldnt kick it with them outside of work is cuz if im trying get some yambs i know damn well hes not so why would we kick it? Ill probably get flack and hate for this but oh well...u heard the expression "tell me who you walk with and ill tell you who you are"? If your hanging around with a gay guy and your straight people will assume you are gay as well. Same way if you hanging with a junkie or a thief people assume the same thing.

There's nothing to figure out though. Some people like folks of the same sex. Done. There's literally nothing else you have to explain to a kid that age, because I'm certainly not talking about sex with my 5-year old.

So tell me again, WHY is it wrong to you?

latest

Back
Top Bottom