How do you guys feel about prosecutors using rap lyrics in indictments?

What's the correlation here? :lol:

YSL and YFN aren't the "black community". If the feds took down a Mafia family you think the Italians collectively would be *****ing about the "italian community" being under attack? Why do we accept any and all **** **** as being apart of "our community"?

****** kill me with all this free speech ****...and if you don't think these cases where lyrics are being examined is an attack on "art"...that shows that you REALLY aren't plugged in to what's happening out here. ****** are literally giving PLAY BY PLAYs of what they're actually doing. If they are STUPID enough to 1) commit crimes and 2) make art about those crimes in extreme detail why on EARTH should that be "protected"?

This is a local rapper who got his car flushed w/ 70+ rounds a couple months ago literally 60 yards across from me. Saw the entire aftermath. Just listen to 40 seconds of this song and tell me what YOU WOULD DO if you were law enforcement :lol: This ***** is literally giving a full rundown of real **** that is happening. These aren't fantasy "entertainment" raps.

DA and investigators gonna LOVE the print out of those lyrics.

243B5344-6A3D-4E97-A17B-E525CEE0985D.jpeg
Even OJ had enough sense to use the word “If”, even though the publisher tried to hide the word “if” on the cover. :lol:

If Biggie Smalls would have said "we paid for that contract killer who smoked Pac" in that song then that would be akin to what we're seeing today.
Oh wow, these new cats are that bold? No wonder they’re getting court papers served :smh:

By the way, I think Puffy is on record for saying he wanted Tupac “taken care of”. He claims he meant it as a “beating”. Police are saying the only reason why he’s not in jail right now is the money he paid never made it to the person he contracted to do it, it was stolen by someone during transit.

If she applied the same legal tactics to the white community, they will have her unseated the next day.
but since she isn't, she gets a green light from the white community. Whatever her personal agenda is I hope it backfires on her in the future.

If white people commit crimes and then come up with rock and roll songs detailing the crimes they committed, I firmly believe the police would also be looking into it.

A lot of the people who got arrested after the January 6th insurrection were found by law enforcement because they were bragging about it afterwards on social media.

Rap is the only genre foolish enough to commit crimes then brag about it in their lyrics

Last edited:
If white people commit crimes and then come up with rock and roll songs detailing the crimes they committed, I firmly believe the police would also be looking into it.

A lot of the people who got arrested after the January 6th insurrection were found by law enforcement because they were bragging about it afterwards on social media.
The OP gotta be Khufu's new alt. Otherwise, link me to white musicians avoiding prosecution after writing songs about their own crimes.

A very slippery slope, some dudes are stupid enough to name literal crimes in the music.

But someone randomly rapping about generic street **** shouldn't be brought in based of their lyrics about street ****.

with that said if i have to sit & watch another one of these news pressers acting as if taking down a group of 25yr olds is gonna somehow save the community & "keep the streets safe" i'm gonna throw up. These are ways to get the same attention & press as bringing in actual high ranking criminals w/o having to do a third of the work or worry about stepping on any of the higher up politicians/policemen who eat off the mobs/cartels etc etc

American comprehension and education is failing us deeply. When you have people not understanding that there’s HARD evidence even despite the lyrics. I could see if a song was made, but there wasn’t any evidence, yeah.

But again there’s literal evidence linking these dudes, but some people (on social media) simply want to make it about lyrics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dudes have even started to snitch :lol:

They have wiretaps and even a RECEIPT from hertz, of young thug renting a vehicle with that was involved in a murder. Dudes not smart at all

Last edited:
American comprehension and education is failing us deeply. When you have people not understanding that there’s HARD evidence even despite the lyrics. I could see if a song was made, but there wasn’t any evidence, yeah.

But again there’s literal evidence linking these dudes, but some people (on social media) simply want to make it about lyrics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have wiretaps and even a RECEIPT from hertz, of young thug renting a vehicle with that was involved in a murder. Dudes not smart at all

I think that people misunderstand how lyrics are being used in criminal cases. It's not like they're arresting these artists solely because they are rapping about committing crimes. If you look at any of these indictments, there is a lot of other evidence and the fact that they rap about it is only a cherry on top.

Lyrics can also be used as a way to begin an investigation. If an artist raps about committing home invasions then the police may look into if they're actually committing home invasions and then continue an investigation from there.

🤣🤣🤣 Thugga might be the biggest idiot of the group. He's already a well-established, millionaire rapper and has been a platinum selling artist since 2014 yet he still puts his life and freedom in danger for some street s***?

The DA was literally quoting his song ironically called "Take it to Trial" at his hearing. You can't make this stuff up. These folks commit crimes, snitch on themselves and then talk trash about law enforcement afterwards.

No matter if some of it is true, creating a song is no different than writing a script for a movie.... how can you use that as evidence?

If you write a movie script detailing a crime that you committed in real life then it can be used as evidence. Law enforcement isn't just snatching up rappers based solely on lyrics.

A very slippery slope, some dudes are stupid enough to name literal crimes in the music.

But someone randomly rapping about generic street **** shouldn't be brought in based of their lyrics about street ****.

with that said if i have to sit & watch another one of these news pressers acting as if taking down a group of 25yr olds is gonna somehow save the community & "keep the streets safe" i'm gonna throw up. These are ways to get the same attention & press as bringing in actual high ranking criminals w/o having to do a third of the work or worry about stepping on any of the higher up politicians/policemen who eat off the mobs/cartels etc etc

Spot on. And the publicity stunts of it is crazy. But it’s so 2022.

The DA’s office marketed the most recent indictment a “rap RICO”. No rappers (of any prominence) got indicted :lol:. It was by association.

It was a dude with like 900 views on YouTube. The spectacle of it is crazy. And they really aren’t trying to “clean up” **** for real. Just protect the business areas.

The Majority Of Gunna's involvement in this case is based off someone in a car he wasn't in having an illegal firearm & him wearing YSL chains/ Pledging YSL on songs

I'm 100% in agreement when people are stupid enough to leave clues to crimes in song format, but every case isn't that clear cut.

If Biggie Smalls would have said "we paid for that contract killer who smoked Pac" in that song then that would be akin to what we're seeing today.

But these ain’t that tho. These are hella generic. This more like a “Who shot ya”

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

“Just screw it, take it to trial”
“We got a hundred rounds”

Now the last one…is a lil more like evidence, but that’s super generic.

“Me and my crew, striking out. Striking in all black. Send me the drop. We’ll kick in the house. If we still a car, we gon take off the tags”

The Majority Of Gunna's involvement in this case is based off someone in a car he wasn't in having an illegal firearm & him wearing YSL chains/ Pledging YSL on songs

I'm 100% in agreement when people are stupid enough to leave clues to crimes in song format, but every case isn't that clear cut.

It’s crazy.

One count of the indictment, used lyrics from a Lil Wayne song from 2007…that the dude used as a caption on IG, as evidence of in furtherance of a crime.

They got *****s for using old Wayne rap quotes under their Instagram pictures :lol:

E915A3F0-B244-40BD-B838-628E7250280E.png

“Suit up and lace your boots, it’s war time”

An overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy

:rofl:
:smh:

But these ain’t that tho. These are hella generic. This more like a “Who shot ya”

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

“Just screw it, take it to trial”
“We got a hundred rounds”

Now the last one…is a lil more like evidence, but that’s super generic.

“Me and my crew, striking out. Striking in all black. Send me the drop. We’ll kick in the house. If we still a car, we gon take off the tags”

I think you're confusing how these lyrics are being used in this situation. These lyrics aren't pieces of evidence, they're being used to show character and intent.

"Your honor, these individuals shouldn't be granted bail because not only do we have hard evidence of them committing crimes (phone calls, receipts, etc) and seized illegal weapons from their homes, they also rap about committing crimes and how they might use these weapons" If you let these dangerous individuals out on bail they will be dangers to the public."

you told on yourself. I have no further discussion, good day.

The key term there is "commit crimes then rap about it". Tons of other genres rap about violence. Marilyn Manson, metalcore and even some mainstream rock and roll songs. Rap is the only genre dumb enough to literally commit the crimes and then rap about it. It's not like they're snatching these guys up based solely on their lyrics. In YSL's case, They had taped phone calls, receipts and videos. The lyrics are just a cherry on top.

Back
Top Bottom