How do you react to things bought for you???

Thanks for the comments guys. He’s my boy, and he’s offered numerous times, but based on similar past situations with other friends, those friendships aren’t the same anymore. It may sound like I’m always broke lol, but they’re are just certain times where my financials are tight especially with the holidays coming around. My friends just always happen to make these trips so sudden and at times where I just can’t go. I know he’s my boy, but I’ve just came from vacation with him and other friends back in August.

Understand that nothing is free in life and when it comes to dealing with friends/family and money, be prepared to lose one or the other.

Painfully learned this lesson

It changes your relationship with people immediately

I refuse to give money to anyone but my dad and grandparents now

And for someone buying something for me... Depends on the context. If it's a gift in which I feel they're trying to use the law of reciprocation on me i'm refusing it

Painfully learned this lesson

It changes your relationship with people immediately

I refuse to give money to anyone but my dad and grandparents now

And for someone buying something for me... Depends on the context. If it's a gift in which I feel they're trying to use the law of reciprocation on me i'm refusing it
Literally all of this except the give money part. I don't even attempt to give money to anyone anymore because I know either they'll never pay it back or if the roles were reversed they wouldn't look out for me.

Can't even remember the last time I even asked someone for money

if it was a friend that I've known for years i would tell them my situation and if they still wanted to get the ticket thats on them..i wouldn't pay them back unless I had the money to blow down the line but it wouldn't be a priorority..a real friend would be empathetic to your situation and would rather just enjoy spending time with you than focus on the money

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. He’s my boy, and he’s offered numerous times, but based on similar past situations with other friends, those friendships aren’t the same anymore. It may sound like I’m always broke lol, but they’re are just certain times where my financials are tight especially with the holidays coming around. My friends just always happen to make these trips so sudden and at times where I just can’t go. I know he’s my boy, but I’ve just came from vacation with him and other friends back in August.

Some friends are able to do it. Then let them...

I got friends that were in the trenches with me. We been doing this - if any one of us hit a lick, we always shared.

We were poor, so finally some of us got bread to do things - **** it I am blessing them. We take trips, shopping sprees, etc.

I hold my fam down and vice versa.

Got to take pride out of your heart when it comes
to those who are close to you.

To each their own.

Some friends are able to do it. Then let them...

I got friends that were in the trenches with me. We been doing this - if any one of us hit a lick, we always shared.

We were poor, so finally some of us got bread to do things - **** it I am blessing them. We take trips, shopping sprees, etc.

I hold my fam down and vice versa.

Got to take pride out of your heart when it comes
to those who are close to you.

To each their own.

yep, I look at it as a blessing to be able to take care of those that have helped you in your life

I like to look at it like that as well (family at least) but after awhile you just think like damn every other month I gotta look out for you?

Not every month :lol:

Those are leeches...as time goes on, you should cut them off.

I’m turning 40 this year, so my circle is the same and small.

Last edited:
6F11C0A6-7431-4F36-8C50-3492C470B59D.jpeg

Not every month :lol:

Those are leeches...as time goes, you should of been cut them off.

I’m turning 40 this year, so my circle is the same and small.
It wasn't every month but like 4 times a year give or take.

I've cut off several "friends" because I asked them to pay me back and they caught a attitude. Not my fault your irresponsible *** can't mange your money and you like to spend it on bs.

A few NTers been looking out for me this year, and I told myself I'll return the favor anyway I can (no ayo)

Your homie trying to get the pipe.

It wasn't every month but like 4 times a year give or take.

I've cut off several "friends" because I asked them to pay me back and they caught a attitude. Not my fault your irresponsible *** can't mange your money and you like to spend it on bs.

A few NTers been looking out for me this year, and I told myself I'll return the favor anyway I can (no ayo)

You talking about lending money out?

I usually have a melachonic nonchalant response.

Ij your situation, I would've accepted if they wanted me to go so badly and just pay them back in the future.

My pride wouldn't allow me to take it. Which would have sucked if I were you cause I want to travel more.
I got a friend that is well off and rarely goes out. When he does he pays for everything(food/drinks) and it low key bothers me.

Couldnt do it, i pay for my own ****. If i dont got it, i don't got it. Not letting the homies trick off on me. Not tryna hear later down the line, "but oh, remember that one time...."

Different strokes for different folks, not judging for those feel otherwise.

When ppl buy me gifts/surprises it doesnt bother me much. Im appreciative as hell, but Ive come to find out that Im a hard person to buy for. Learned that with my girl. Mainly because I already have everything. Theres not much (in a realistic setting) someone can get for me that I dont already have. So thats why I basically tell my girl dont get me anything lol

Now on the other scenario, if someone is offering to cover somethin for me I cant afford like a trip or something I will decline and I honestly dont think it has anything to do with pride at all. If I cant afford it in my eyes its not something I should be partaking in. To me the enjoyment isnt the same. Ive passed on plenty of trips with my boys cuz I wasn’t financially where I Needed to be. and these guys are basically my Brothers and of course they say “we got u man dont worry bout anything“ which is 100% true cuz Ive seen it be done on their tabs. But I personally wont enjoy it if I aint work for it/provide it myself. Ima very black and white “if I aint got it then it wasnt meant to be” type and I’ll just work my butt off so I wont be put in that situation again.

Couldnt do it, i pay for my own ****. If i dont got it, i don't got it. Not letting the homies trick off on me. Not tryna hear later down the line, "but oh, remember that one time...."

What do you think about folks who don't hold it over others?

I'm the same way as you: if I can't afford it, I'm not doing it. On the flip side, when I cover fam/homies on food/trips, I never hit them later on with "remember when I..."

Back
Top Bottom