How do you store your sneakers?

in my closet, stacked, paper at the bottom most times. no silica packets... but i wear all my kicks, so yeah.

Silica packs absorbs the moisture outta shoes, speeding up the aging process. If you use them, don't use a lot. A fresh looking shoe is worthless if you can't wear em.

just store in a dark cool place

i got a pair of OG shaq attaqs from 91 and took them out the other day and it hasnt yellow'ed much

do you recommend putting shoes in freezer bags? got a few DS pairs in bags (partially sealed)

Put the shoes inside ziplock with silica packs just not too much. Put the ziplock inside the box take them out once in a while.

samsung-refrigerator.jpg

Robert,the cat that learned how to forgive himself

Last edited:
I never understood the purpose of that. You know what the shoe looks like.
I can only understand it when you have more than 50 pairs or something where its hard to keep track.

Me? I just leave the shoes in the box, no silica packs, no ziplock, just boxes stacked with label out so I can see which ones they are.

I never understood the purpose of that. You know what the shoe looks like.
I can only understand it when you have more than 50 pairs or something where its hard to keep track.

Me? I just leave the shoes in the box, no silica packs, no ziplock, just boxes stacked with label out so I can see which ones they are.

I have over 80 pairs. I know what I have. It's not that hard to remember them.

I have two book shelves pushed together and shelf above them and I just put the boxes on them. Looks good and very simple.

I have to put some of my kicks in storage for a few months for space & moving purposes... So from what i reading I'm pretty much $#!T outta luck if its an outdoor storage place with no temperature/climate control??

Last edited:
for my DS pairs:

each shoe put into a Vacuum sealed foodsaver bag, with about 10-20 small silica packets inside put the shoes back in the box and stack em in the closet.

Armor all treatment: Brown AA for Leather, Yellow for the midsoles and ice.
In UNSEALED zip lock bags so they can breathe.

One small silica pack in the box

Store in a cool dark place...I hang a "Damp Rid" hanger in my closet just above the shoes...I live in Florida so it has a tendency to get very very humid in the summer and spring...

All of the shoes with ice have black trash bags wrapped around the boxes with numerous holes punched in the bags so as to let the bags breathe but not let in light.  I also cut the bags and situate them as such so as not to restrict air flow to the shoes.

Also, place dryer sheets in the shoes to help them keep a decent smell and fresh, especially the ones I wear a lot.

But, I wear all of my kicks.  I think there is a lot to be said about putting the materials to use and getting them out on the streets and in the fresh air...
nerd.gif
Maybe that will work well, but to me, that seems like a little too much extra **** going on there. But hey, I guess it's better to be more careful than not.

I fold up the paper when I cop my kicks and put it in a ziplock bag, then throw the bag in the box. Stack the boxes up by a wall in my room. I haven't had any issues yet, but I'm gonna move 'em to a closet in the near future. I just love looking at the boxes in my collection as it grows. I, too, wear my kicks, so I'm not too worried about them yellowing, since that's gonna happen no matter what if you actually wear your ****.

The main thing, to me, is cleaning my kicks after every one or two wears, and making sure they are completely dried off before putting them back in the box. I also keep about 5 pairs out by the front door during the week - my go-to's, plus some runners and my boots, for a solid mix; Currently on deck: WC 3s, WC 4s, CDP "Home" 5s, CDP Hare 7s, 6" Wheat Timbs (I live in CO), Wolverine Montgomery black boots, Air Max Light Vntg (the Blue ones), and the Air Max 90 Infrared OGs that just dropped. The 3s and 4s stay out most of the time, due to them being my go-to kicks, but I honestly should probably keep 'em boxed up more often. Sometimes I can go 3 times without cleaning 'em, but that's the most. Again, can't stress enough to make sure your shoes are absolutely dry before boxing 'em up, as I imagine that moisture might do a number on your kicks if left in the box for too long. At best, give them a bad smell. At worst, eff your ish up.

Peace.

Is Damp Rid in the closet a good idea?
You should consider reading the thread before you post these questions. This is like the second question I've read from you in the first 5 pages that has been answered by someone before you asked the question. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom